(Topic ID: 168225)

Stop whining about incomplete code - it's YOUR fault- yes YOU!

By lowepg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40840347_1_x (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Seriously, stop the bitching...

"Wahhhhhh, Wahhhhh, its been 6 months since the last update for __________"
    "Waaaaa, they shipped ________ with incomplete code......"

Guess who "trained" these companies to pump out games with incomplete code? You did.

As long LE titles sell out in hours, and as long as people continue to fall over themselves to pre-pay for titles without EVER having plunged a ball, this will persist.

I have zero sympathy for any complainers - YOU are the problem, just as culpable Stern/JJP/etc.

#2 7 years ago

Great, now we are Meta-whining.

#3 7 years ago

You must be talking about Stern. Please remove any reference to JJP when it comes to complaining about code. JJP is the only pinball company that puts out regular and substantial code updates with unique rules that you won't find elsewhere. Over a dozen updates for WOZ in a 6 month period, 1 big update a month for The Hobbit for 4 months straight, etc.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You must be talking about Stern. Please remove any reference to JJP when it comes to complaining about code. JJP is the only pinball company that puts out regular and substantial code updates with unique rules that you won't find elsewhere. Over a dozen updates for WOZ in a 6 month period, 1 big update a month for The Hobbit for 4 straight months, etc.

Good lord, get over yourself with the JJP defense stuff. They ship with beta code just like stern does. Stern and JJP both make good games. Both have great coders and both have put out extremely unique diversely coded games.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

"Wahhhhhh, Wahhhhh, its been 6 months since the last update for _________"
    "Waaaaa, they shipped _______ with incomplete code......"
    Guess who "trained" these companies to pump out games with incomplete code? You did.
    As long LE titles sell out in hours, and as long as people continue to fall over themselves to pre-pay for titles without EVER having plunged a ball, this will persist.
    I have zero sympathy for any complainers - YOU are the problem, just as culpable Stern/JJP/etc.

I know. Even games back to 1977 were missing code. They have to stop.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You must be talking about Stern. Please remove any reference to JJP when it comes to complaining about code. JJP is the only pinball company that puts out regular and substantial code updates with unique rules that you won't find elsewhere. Over a dozen updates for WOZ in a 6 month period, 1 big update a month for The Hobbit for 4 straight months, etc.

They release code but not the game.

#7 7 years ago

I just expect to have incomplete code when you buy a brand new just released pin. Be part of the effort to email stern issues or ideas you have about changes. Not sure if it helps but finally they shut the upper flippers off on my wwe le when your not in the ring.

#8 7 years ago

You get what you put up with. Always.

#9 7 years ago

And whining about people whining because they get incomplete code is going to change what? Or are you just needing to blame someone for something today? lol

#10 7 years ago

Stop whining about code and start whining about lackluster writing.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Great, now we are Meta-whining.

So does this mean you are meta-meta-whining?

There are legitimate issues affecting most of the current pinball companies ("pinball is hard", remember?) and the frustration is understandable, as is the desire to commiserate among like-minded people. But why must things always devolve to the point of unproductive sniping or overt conflict/insults? Are we really having any fun at that point (which I thought WAS the point)?

My unsolicited advice to the malcontents is to step away from the screen and have some actual fun for a change. Play pinball, ride a bike, go for a walk, go fishing, play a round of golf, enjoy a bacon-wrapped peppered filet with a nice CA Cab, get laid (ladies dig pinball dudes, after all), shoot something, smoke a joint, go autocrossing, sip a good single-malt and listen to Bill Evans, make a child laugh, hug your mom - whatever it takes to decompress that tightly coiled spring a bit! Pinball SHOULD NOT cause anxiety disorders or hypertension!

#12 7 years ago

Ohhh, I love these threads...

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

So does this mean you are meta-meta-whining?
    There are legitimate issues affecting most of the current pinball companies ("pinball is hard", remember?) and the frustration is understandable, as is the desire to commiserate among like-minded people. But why must things always devolve to the point of unproductive sniping or overt conflict/insults? Are we really having any fun at that point (which I thought WAS the point)?
    My unsolicited advice to the malcontents is to step away from the screen and have some actual fun for a change. Play pinball, ride a bike, go for a walk, go fishing, play a round of golf, enjoy a bacon-wrapped peppered filet with a nice CA Cab, get laid (ladies dig pinball dudes, after all), shoot something, smoke a joint, go autocrossing, sip a good single-malt and listen to Bill Evans, make a child laugh, hug your mom - whatever it takes to decompress that tightly coiled spring a bit! Pinball SHOULD NOT cause anxiety disorders or hypertension!

Exactly cause every game is unfinished to some extent.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You must be talking about Stern. Please remove any reference to JJP when it comes to complaining about code. JJP is the only pinball company that puts out regular and substantial code updates with unique rules that you won't find elsewhere. Over a dozen updates for WOZ in a 6 month period, 1 big update a month for The Hobbit for 4 months straight, etc.

Yeah, but it was 1.5 years late....so they had plenty of time.

#15 7 years ago

Even Log Cabin needs a code update.

40840347_1_x (resized).jpg40840347_1_x (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Stop reading threads about people bitching about incomplete codes and you wont have to get your panties in such a wad. Its YOUR fault that YOU read threads about people bitching about incomplete codes, yes YOU!!! I have zero sympathy for people who read threads that they KNOW is going to piss them off, but they read them anyway...... (contents edited)

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Good lord, get over yourself with the JJP defense stuff. They ship with beta code just like stern does. Stern and JJP both make good games. Both have great coders and both have put out extremely unique diversely coded games.

Except one updates code in a timely fashion and the other does not.

#18 7 years ago

I'm tired of people whining about meta whining whining about meta whining whining about code.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

The people complaining about code quality aren't the ones buying LEs day one.

#20 7 years ago

This thread isn't even complete yet. Is Stern the OP?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I have zero sympathy for any complainers - YOU are the problem

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its YOUR fault that YOU read threads about people bitching about incomplete codes, yes YOU!!!

Can't argue either of these points - but this is a pinball forum. Pinball discussion is what its all about.

Peace and love.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

Can't argue either of these points - but this is a pinball forum. Pinball discussion is what its all about.
    Peace and love.

I was just being funny and replying back to the OP exactly the way that he posted and I got in trouble by the mods lol. There was no anger intended in my post, I was just being funny. There was anger Iin his post however and his post didnt get edited. Funny how that works. Oh well.....

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was just being funny and replying back to the OP exactly the way that he posted and I got in trouble by the mods lol. There was no anger intended in my post, I was just being funny. There was anger Iin his post however and his post didnt get edited. Funny how that works. Oh well.....

Yes... *I* get special treatment because the mods love ME so much...... **giant eyeroll**

btw, "anger in my post"?? lol..... I'd suggest re-reading it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stop-whining-about-incomplete-code-its-your-fault-yes-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.