Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fnosm
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Jack retire the cartwheel videos?”

• Yes - Jack has suffered enough 11 votes
      15%
    • No - I like videos of grown men tumbling poorly 13 votes
      18%
    • Meh - Jack can do what he likes as long as the games keep coming. 49 votes
      67%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
    Wonka.gif
    #1 4 years ago

Aren't we to a point now where we can give the whole cartwheel thing a rest?

The first cartwheel video for WOZ was fun because getting the first ever JJP game out of the factory was so long in coming.

Now with each new game the whole forced nature of it just seems tired and lame.

If you have seen the videos you know that Jack isn't a cheerleader or an acrobat.

Why should Jack continue to risk his neck doing something that he isn't even good at?

How about we start a new launch tradition with Wonka?

Instead of a new tumbling video how about a picture of Jack signing a game fresh off the line?

Or??

#2 4 years ago

As long as Pat doesn't try one...

#3 4 years ago

Slow news day?

#4 4 years ago

Seems to be a super odd thing to be upset over.

#5 4 years ago

I vote "no" to the cartwheel. Bring on the somersault. Anything else would be a letdown.

Wonka.gifWonka.gif
    #6 4 years ago

Summersault is much needed.

Add the Summersault to the poll.

#7 4 years ago

Jack started it. A big day in pinball history when the truck left with the first WOZ's.

Granted he's not a gymnast. Can't blame him for being so excited.

Now years have gone by. Maybe time to have Jack watching the first truck with Willy Wonka's leaving the property and toasting them with some bubbly ? That way we can share the excitement, and not risk life and limb. Even if it's somebody else's.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Jack and Pat cage match is probably out then too. With the winner doing the cartwheel.

#8 4 years ago

It's a fun way of celebrating a big moment for a company that has now become a tradition. Personally I think its great! Pinball is all about fun after all.

#9 4 years ago

I think it's pretty cool the owner of a pinball company is as excited about a game shipping as much as the customers are and not doing a cartwheel when he makes a deposit in the bank. Kinda a JJP thing so ya, keep the cartwheel. And I'd miss texting Jack 'OMG that was pathetic'...

#10 4 years ago

I cant wait for that cartwheel. I want my WW.
    Got it from a great Vendor. Hint, look at the post above mine.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Granted he's not a gymnast. Can't blame him for being so excited.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I think it's pretty cool the owner of a pinball company is as excited about a game shipping as much as the customers are

I totally agree but that ship has sailed.
    Let's move on.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Summersault is much needed.

Add the Summersault to the poll.

Jack ain't Gene

Quoted from yzfguy:

Slow news day?

Just trying to get this in before the Wonka's ship.

#13 4 years ago

Wasn’t sure if OP was joking or not.Wow!

#14 4 years ago

I want to see him do The Triple Lindy.

Then I'll be excited.

#15 4 years ago

Let Jack show his excitement about another new game shipping that he wants to share with the world. Jack started and continued on with HIS tradition. It's a light-hearted fun thing for most to look forward to. He loves and lives pinball.

Geeze, next there will be petitions to stop the different colored smoke for the pope selections.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Let Jack show his excitement about another new game shipping that he wants to share with the world. Jack started and continued on with HIS tradition. It's a light-hearted fun thing for most to look forward to. He loves and lives pinball.
    Geeze, next there will be petitions to stop the different colored smoke for the pope selections.

You think Jack likes making those videos?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

You think Jack likes making those videos?

Yes - and so does his daughter (JerseyJen) that is filming all of those. Eric was going to do one with him for JJPOTC, but he must have missed that opportunity. Let them have some fun.

#18 4 years ago

I dont know anything about these cartwheels but I’m shocked we’ve never seen a ‘jersey jackpot’ in a game — there’s super or super duper or whatever but a jersey jackpot would be perfectly fitting imo

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Yes - and so does his daughter (JerseyJen) that is filming all of those. Eric was going to do one with him for JJPOTC, but he must have missed that opportunity. Let them have some fun.

To me it looks like he does this because people keep asking him to and he is a good sport. I was thinking it was time to give him a break.
    But if this is his thing I do not wish to rain on his parade.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stop-the-cartwheel-madness-poll- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.