11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DrAzzy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hello,

I have the Mario Andretti Pinball Machine and when the ball hits the two red "tachometer" targets at fast speed it usually causes the ball to bounce up and in random directions sometimes right to the outlanes or over the flippers. These are brand new targets from "The Pinball Resource" is there something that can be done to lessen the amount of ball hops after hitting the targets? would putting felt behind them help at all?

#2 11 years ago

I put felt behind them, didn't help much. I guess this was a dumb question and it is just the way these types of targets work...

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies

I have the targets now so they are straight and don't bend back when hit by the ball. There are still bounces when they are hit at a fast speed but I think that is just the way it is with as "herg" mentioned the postion of those targets. They are practically right in the middle of the playfield lined up pretty much directly with the flippers, so I can expect there to be bounces because of that. I think I was just over thinking something that is just physics..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weyburn, SK
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stop-or-lessen-ball-bounce-from-targets?tu=shadowflame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.