(Topic ID: 18471)

Stop inserting the Stern vs. JJP in every thread and discuss it here.

By The_Dude_Abides

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rs2.png
    judy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hey all I thought I would start this thread to see if it would help prevent members from starting this argument in threads in which the OP has nothing to do with the rivalry. Lets try to keep things classy in this discussion. I will start by listing areas I think both Stern and JJP can improve in. These are just my opinions, it's not my intention to offend any pin fans out there.

The negatives from Stern is they need to step up on their quality control. More directly they need to do a better job of applying solid and consistent clear coats to their playfields especially on their shooter lanes. They should release pins with more complete code. They need to step up on the art packages on their pins (looks like they are working on this). Their toy design and integration needs to improve.

The negatives for JJP is they started out with what I think is one of the lamest themes for pinball in it's history. They need to pick better themes in the future IMO. They need to stop giving dates for release and pushing it back. They should stop increasing their prices especially when their base model will now be $7K. Hopefully their second design is a bit more simplistic and less cluttered cutting down on production cost and labor. I know some will disagree but I think they could use some improvement in their art department as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stop-inserting-the-stern-vs-jjp-in-every-thread-and-discuss-it-here?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.