(Topic ID: 18471)

Stop inserting the Stern vs. JJP in every thread and discuss it here.

By The_Dude_Abides

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rs2.png
    judy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago

I hate to go off topic, but what ever happened to all the Bally/WMS snobs? You never hear about them any more. Did they all jump on the JJP bandwagon? Do they miss all the attention? Where are all you guys?

I kinda liked them. Sure they were snobs, but they were a lot classier than some of the hooligans battling over Stern vs JJP these days. I have good friends who are devout Bally/WMS snobs. I suppose I should just ask them. If any snobs here would like to chime in, please do.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

In this respect, WOZ has Keith Johnson, the undisputed best software developer of the modern pinball era.

Some people think that Lyman Sheats guy is pretty good.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

...they also have a virtually unlimited budget..., creative freedom, and recognize that they have to make this game several steps above everything else or it won't matter.

The exact same thing can be said about AC/DC.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

I think we can all agree that Lyman and Keith both rock pretty hard. There's really no reason to try to rank them. The fact that they are both working, and working hard, on rules for us pinheads means we all win.

Agree. The other reason it's dumb to compare them is because their styles are so different. Might as well compare Spidey to LOTR. Both are great games, but they're very, very different. Just like the guys who programmed them.

Quoted from Sunfox:

However, I think from a pure rules design standpoint... Keith still, uh, rules. He's just goes so far, and is so creative... look at TSPP, where even the most basic of modes all have specific shot maps...

Many people feel games are getting too complicated. I don't, and it appears you don't, but lots of folks do. Having Keith and Lyman at two different pinball companies is good thing. Why on earth would you want to proclaim one is better than the other? You don't by chance have an OZ on order, do you?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stop-inserting-the-stern-vs-jjp-in-every-thread-and-discuss-it-here?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.