Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Stop Chalkin and Start Talkin

Letter received on Sunday February 9th 2020.

Sunday February 9th 2020

Lloyd,

Good evening,

On my Eight Ball Deluxe I have installed all the Alltek parts and am very satisfied. My problem is I have replaced the flipper coil on the right side twice in the last few weeks. The coil insert had melted in like the last one.

The machine uses the AQ 25 500/34-4500 and the AQ 25-500/34-5050.

What are the correct coils to be used for the upper left flipper, the lower left flipper and the right flipper. Also any other info in regard to this issue.

Willie

Hi Willie

First thing I'd suspect is the end of stroke switch isn't opening quick enough. Or staying open. Maybe something is shorting across the fiberboard spacers between the blades ?

Thank you,

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stop-chalkin-and-start-talkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.