(Topic ID: 14181)

Stoopidest Mauds

By EEE

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

399994_2837336211629_1205944889_324849.jpg
    stopliking.jpg
    HnM.jpg
    012.JPG
    MV5BMTg3NjU1MjM5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMD.jpg
    bop_and_mousin.jpg
    highscore.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!owE8VjBMEH+BPRstHUuCg~~60_57.jpg
    img_9303.jpg
    BDK_Topper.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 12 years ago

TaylorVA said:

Spending 100s of dollars to make it more difficult to follow the ball. Ummm...okay.
    Most people do not suffer from strobing like you and have no problems following the ball.

I don't think I would agree with this. I don't know anyone personally who does either. The FT at the MGC was a perfect example of this. I saw tons of people *try* to play that game, everyone either commented that the game was unplayable or just simply walked away with balls left to play. Same goes for the NGG a friend just picked up. Had a superbrite kit in it. My buddy commented to the guy that he was taking those out and the guy said, "Why, they look so good?" They may "look good" and be really bright while in attract mode, but the game *plays* terrible with them in. If you just want to look at a game like many collector's with their museum pieces, then by all means knock yourself out, but I think that there are many more people out there who think the games with superbrites under every insert are basically unplayable.

Here is a pic of my Congo that has $.39 Ablaze 1s under the inserts and in the pop bumpers. They are the perfect match of insert popping color and playability, doesn't cost $100's and doesn't affect playability at all. Does anyone really want/need inserts any brighter than this?

highscore.jpghighscore.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #34 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I have a FT LEDed with superbrights and I think it looks great and plays fine. Did the one at MGC have the fish insert LEDs color matched or were they white? I would agree that if you use white superbrights for those inserts it's painful to look at.
    I don't understand paying hundreds of dollars for aftermarket toppers. Some are cool, but most don't even look that good. That's just my opinion though.

The put whites under those as even though the fish are colored, the inserts themselves for the colored fish are still white. It was painful to look at.

#105 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Does anyone really want/need inserts any brighter than this
    Hmmm...I like this better

Attachments
    012.JPG (197.4 KB, 0 downloads) 20 hours old

...and I think it looks tacky and terrible. To each his own.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stoopidest-mauds?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.