(Topic ID: 14181)

Stoopidest Mauds

By EEE

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

399994_2837336211629_1205944889_324849.jpg
    stopliking.jpg
    HnM.jpg
    012.JPG
    MV5BMTg3NjU1MjM5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMD.jpg
    bop_and_mousin.jpg
    highscore.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!owE8VjBMEH+BPRstHUuCg~~60_57.jpg
    img_9303.jpg
    BDK_Topper.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

I don't see why they would. I have seen various decals installed and as long as you install felt on the sides of the pf they don't get scratched.

I wanna say action figures/models as toppers. Seriously it looks like a toy, because it is a toy.

#94 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have this same problem with some games but not others. Does this effect vary from game to game or is it more related to what kinds of LEDs are used?

To an extent both.

Part of it has to do with using polarized and non-polarized leds. The cheap ones tend to be polarized. This means they flicker twice as fast and that tends to be what causes the strobing effect. I have a jp that can be tough to play in the dark because it is noticeable. On the other hand I have used the same bulbs (ablaze concave white) in other machines (some DE's) and had no issue.

It doesn't really seem to matter on inserts. It really seems to present itself in places where you are getting the light unfiltered through something (insert, flasher dome) like the GI or spot lights. In those places I recommend polarized bulbs. They tend to be a bit more expensive, but the difference is night and day. It may still very game to game though.

Properly done I find leds to add to the game, but more importantly for me to keep the heat down and make it bearable to have 3-4 games on in a small room.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stoopidest-mauds?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.