Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ramegoom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sweet_text_mirror2 (resized).jpg
    stoner_candy02 (resized).jpg
    candy_machine_sweet-mirror (resized).jpg
    IMG_4648 (resized).jpg
    StonerJrB (resized).jpg
    b169 (resized).JPG
    48414566_10213923784752266_7351463326041243648_n (1) (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Saw this vintage Stoner Candy Machine for sale and I'm considering purchasing it, but I have no idea of its value. It is said to be fully functional and in good condition. Was hoping someone with experience with these could give me an idea of its value. Thanks

48414566_10213923784752266_7351463326041243648_n (1) (resized).jpg48414566_10213923784752266_7351463326041243648_n (1) (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Mike Hasanov at Vintage Coin Op Restorations could tell you. He just recently sold a couple of completely restored Stoners just like that one.

#3 5 years ago

Here's a bump. The interwebs say maybe $2,000 - 3,000 for one in that condition, and around $5,000 all restored and nice. It is cool! I don't know it these thing have an inherent value as original condition/all working, but I would like to restore it with a new paint job if I had one. The Fresh Candy logo is pretty cool, but instead of a mirror I think it would look better with something like a pinball backglass, backlit. Is there a pinball machine with some sort of candy theme? Preferably with a hot chick on it?

#4 5 years ago

Mine is really similar. I found it was hard to sell in a small local market for $1500 .

b169 (resized).JPGb169 (resized).JPG
    #5 5 years ago

It wasn't that long ago I used to see a bunch of them at the Chicagoland show in project form for $250-$300. Then a couple restorers started doing them up and the price shot up quick. Some of the restores are amazing but they kind of turned them into a fantasy piece by adding graphics and pin striping. Some even have pin-ups on them. Personally I prefer a fairly clean original but it doesn't really matter as I've been priced out of the market.

#6 5 years ago

Coinopwarehouse has two on their Facebook site, one $350 the other $450, unrestored condition.

#7 5 years ago

I had this project Stoner Jr. Some say the Jr. model is more desirable because of their smaller footprint. Only six pulls makes it not quite as wide. I couldn't source a base for it so I sold it a few years ago for $350.

StonerJrB (resized).jpgStonerJrB (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

I have this fully restored one that I would sell. Works perfect but don't have room for it in the new house.

IMG_4648 (resized).jpgIMG_4648 (resized).jpg
    #9 5 years ago

$300-$500 as is. Maybe 1500-2500 restored. If you remove the mirror and hack a pinball backglass on it, value will likely plummet. It's only original once!

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking $750 is probably a fair price, all things considered.

#11 5 years ago

Beautiful pieces of art .. id love a smaller one.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

I have this fully restored one that I would sell. Works perfect but don't have room for it in the new house.
    [quoted image]

Probably out of my price range, particularly given the shipping required. Curious though if you could tell me what you would ask or paid. It would help me with valuations.

Thanks

2 weeks later
    #13 5 years ago

I restored an earlier (1951) version of that machine and used automotive paint and clea-rcoat. If I had to sell it today, I would list it for $4500. Custom mirror, custom LED lighting around the mirror and product pockets/price windows. Very cool machine.

candy_machine_sweet-mirror (resized).jpgcandy_machine_sweet-mirror (resized).jpgstoner_candy02 (resized).jpgstoner_candy02 (resized).jpgsweet_text_mirror2 (resized).jpgsweet_text_mirror2 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stoner-vintage-candy-machine-value?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.