You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

navajo-express4 (resized).jpeg
redneck-bar (resized).jpg
fight-me-right-7nob35 (resized).jpg
tony (resized).jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Someone recently broke into a warehouse in Loves Park ,IL. and stole a nib Nascar pinball. I am working with the owner on getting the serial number and any further info. Please pm me if you have seen one floating around. Thank you in advance.

#2 7 years ago

Man that sucks...I hope you find it and the owner gets reunited with the game. I can't stand thievery!

#3 7 years ago

Pay attention to the for sale ads. It will pop up in all due time.
Mike

#4 7 years ago

Whew! At least it's a NASCAR.

Too soon?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Whew! At least it's a NASCAR.

After they open the box I'm sure they will return it.

#6 7 years ago

Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks..............NASCAR

#7 7 years ago

Terrible news.

LTG : (

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks..............NASCAR

Never heard that before ,but funny. I would say going 190 mph for 4 hours on the edge of wrecking at any second could take a toll on you.

#9 7 years ago

Gotta wonder what an un-opened 10 year old pinball machine was doing sitting in a warehouse in the first place, but good luck getting it back.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gotta wonder what an un-opened 10 year old pinball machine was doing sitting in a warehouse in the first place, but good luck getting it back.

It was someone's investment...they chose the wrong pin.

#11 7 years ago

Nascar was a big earner on location near me. Opening it up and putting it there might have been a better investment.

But this is what insurance companies are for.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

why does it matter? Some asshat stole someone elses property that they probably worked hard to earn the money to buy. I know it takes me awhile to earn $4500. I HATE liars and thieves

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

why does it matter? Some asshat stole someone elses property that they probably worked hard to earn the money to buy. I know it takes me awhile to earn $4500. I HATE liars and thieves

Agreed. It was just part of the discussion.

#14 7 years ago

Sucks. I hope people keep an eye out for this and help string the guy up.

I hate thieves and liars. I'll give you the shirt off my back, but never take from me.

#15 7 years ago

That sucks big time.

#16 7 years ago

That blows.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Non Athletic Sport

Oh are you wrong, I've driven a stock car at Daytona at over 170mph when it was 98 degrees with a dew point of 80. I lost 4 lbs sweating. Try it sometime and report back.

I hope they catch the scum.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh are you wrong, I've driven a stock car at Daytona at over 170mph when it was 98 degrees with a dew point of 80. I lost 4 lbs sweating. Try it sometime and report back.
I hope they catch the scum.

I wouldn't call it athletic. Hard, sure. Athletic, nope.

#19 7 years ago

how would insurance value this item? Would they pay only what the new cost was or maybe they'd pay what a used game is now worth? If it happened once at that warehouse, It'll happen again. Better beef up security or find a new storage place. Thieves suck.

#20 7 years ago

An NIB Nascar is probably worth about three grand, but he could always show the insurance company what it would cost to replace it with a new NIB Stern. And go from there..

#21 7 years ago

Insurance pays only NIB game cost with validation of receipt, unless there are independent appraisal calculations accepted by the company. I had to do that for many machines over the years.

No standard market appraisers are part of the challenge of the hobby.

If there is no independent game insurance, no sales records, and no S/N things may be very difficult.

Most long term collectors reach a tipping point where a rider policy is required.

Empathy to the owner, I hope he was prepared. Theft of pinball machines is becoming increasingly common now.

#22 7 years ago

Insurance companies are your friend, until something goes wrong.

#23 7 years ago

Maybe make this thread sticky. Sorry for your loss.

#24 7 years ago

I sure hope you catch this loser. Sorry for your loss

#25 7 years ago

Gl getting it back! Will keep eyes open for any listings or social media talk about selling it.

#26 7 years ago

Should be pretty easy to spot once they list it for sale. Not many Nascar pins still in box. Hopefully real Owner took a pic of box with SN. Interested to see how justice is administered on this.

#27 7 years ago

Sorry to hear.

#28 7 years ago

Assuming a NIB one shows up for sale, what's an acceptable and safe way to (1) verify it's the stolen one and (2) get it back?

Call me cynical, but I doubt the police would respond to a "hey, this guy is selling the same thing that I had stolen but I don't know if it's mine".

OP, sorry you ended up in this situation

... Altan

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Assuming a NIB one shows up for sale, what's an acceptable and safe way to (1) verify it's the stolen one and (2) get it back?
Call me cynical, but I doubt the police would respond to a "hey, this guy is selling the same thing that I had stolen but I don't know if it's mine".
OP, sorry you ended up in this situation
... Altan

This is a very simple solution, if an owner validated properly. You take photos of the box, and have the invoice which provide the same S/N documentation.
No S/N, well things for more complicated.

#30 7 years ago

So sweating makes you an athlete????? If so I should be on a Wheaties box. Let me guess, that's a damn 5 point slow............

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Someone recently broke into a warehouse in Loves Park ,IL. and stole a nib Nascar pinball. I am working with the owner on getting the serial number and any further info. Please pm me if you have seen one floating around. Thank you in advance.

This is the Rockford IL area, some very rough areas. Loves park is affectionately known as LOVESTUCKY for a reason.

Was this the only item taken or was there more? It would make a difference in looking for this. Lots of pawn shops out there.

#32 7 years ago

I guess ping pong ,archery, diving, ect from the Olympics are considered athletes lol.

#33 7 years ago

The compressor went out on my car in the summer (100+ degrees F, 39 C) and I was sweating every time I drove my car around town. Good to know I have what it takes to be a NASCAR driver.

On a serious note, sorry to hear that. I have not seen any NASCARs for sale anywhere near me.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

what's an acceptable and safe way to (1) verify it's the stolen one

Serial number on outside of box. If it's still in it's box.

LTG : )

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not sure why I'm even debating this.....but disagree. Takes a lot of endurance and training to be able to drive one of those for a full race. You don't see any fat successful NASCAR drivers

#36 7 years ago

Tony Stewart?

tony (resized).jpgtony (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago

Careful Jim...remember what happened to the last dude that talked shit to ole Smokey.

#38 7 years ago

Try finding a fat F1 driver.

For those that don't follow F1, everything pretty much revolves around engineering the fastest, most lightweight car possible while staying within the governing rules. They take everything into consideration including weight, aerodynamics, and engine output of the car. The heavier the driver, the slower the car. So most of the time the drivers are short and thin. Only one driver is 6 feet, the other are all about 5'9", none of them exceeding more than 160 lbs.

In short, F1 is better than NASCAR. Fight me.

fight-me-right-7nob35 (resized).jpgfight-me-right-7nob35 (resized).jpg

(Although I do love the NASCAR pin, to get back on topic.)

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Tony Stewart?

He said successful.
Tony has gained a LOT of weight.

First time I saw Mark Martin I thought who is that little kid.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Try finding a fat F1 driver.

Nigel Mansell?

Anyway -
Sorry to hear about the game. Hope it gets recovered undamaged.

#41 7 years ago

This machine is probably already out of the box and sitting in a place like this. Again, good luck getting it back.

redneck-bar (resized).jpgredneck-bar (resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago

I suspect my NIB Metallica premium was stolen, just in a different manner. The freight company lost it, they think it probably got onto a wrong truck and wherever it ended up somebody simply kept it for themselves. Same as stealing it if you ask me.

Truly hope you have luck tracking it down.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

I suspect my NIB Metallica premium was stolen, just in a different manner. The freight company lost it, they think it probably got onto a wrong truck and wherever it ended up somebody simply kept it for themselves. Same as stealing it if you ask me.
Truly hope you have luck tracking it down.

Dude that thread just breaks my heart. You get one yet ?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Quoted from Bugsy:

The compressor went out on my car in the summer (100+ degrees F, 39 C) and I was sweating every time I drove my car around town. Good to know I have what it takes to be a NASCAR driver.
On a serious note, sorry to hear that. I have not seen any NASCARs for sale anywhere near me.

You two couldn't be further from the truth

#45 7 years ago

Smoke ???

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This is the Rockford IL area, some very rough areas. Loves park is affectionately known as LOVESTUCKY for a reason.
Was this the only item taken or was there more? It would make a difference in looking for this. Lots of pawn shops out there.

Was in Rockford 2 weeks ago for the KISS concert. Much rougher than what I was expecting.

#47 7 years ago

Tony does have a bad ass pin collection (pretty sure I read that article here on PS). Made me more of a fan. IN boy that don't take no shit.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

You two couldn't be further from the truth

Don't want to argue, but it all depends on your definition of athlete. A car driver doesn't fit my definition of athlete. Doesn't make it any less impressive.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This machine is probably already out of the box and sitting in a place like this. Again, good luck getting it back.

Where did you get the picture of my mom's house? I'm reasonably sure, she had nothing to do with this.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Don't want to argue, but it all depends on your definition of athlete. A car driver doesn't fit my definition of athlete. Doesn't make it any less impressive.

Myself, being a retired champion bowler, am qualified to lord judgment on this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-stern-nascar-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.