Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Cudaman
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Homer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    lwyrupVanityPlate2_grande_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    NickPawnStars5_(resized).jpg
    chum.jpg
    roscoe.and_.flash__(resized).jpg
    Bruce-Willis-as-Butch-Coolidge-in-Pulp-Fiction-bruce-willis-15554405-1152-656_(resized).jpg
    Sheriff_(resized).JPG
    download_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    board_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 8 years ago

They are trying to sell known stolen property. I can't see how this can be legal. I know they might be getting screwed on this one, but surely they know the person's information who they bought the pins from?

You could also file a claim with your homeowners insurance, they reimburse you and they can get their legal team involved to recover these pins on your behalf I believe. This happened with a friends stolen artwork - and the insurance company worked everything out on their end.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Pawn shop offered all the pins and lots of parts to me for 2,500.00. I knew they were robs and called him. What sucks for Rob is the sherif rents his house from the guy that owns the pawn shop. Pawn shop owners a d***, my daughters married to his son but he's still a d*** head. He is just bulling Rob. He tries that with me every now and then but he knows if he jacks with me I'll knock his d*** stiff just like I did his sons friend. Ed

This story just got much, much more interesting.

So, in summary:

1) Pawn shop was willing to sell you back Rob's stolen pins for $2500

2) Your daughters father in-law is the owner of the pawn shop

3) Owner of pawn shop is the landlord of the town Sheriff

4) You knocked a stiff d*** onto your daughters husband/pawn shop owners son's friend.

5) The potential knocking of another stiff male genitalia in the direction of the pawn shop owner is entirely possible at this point.

This has many key ingredients for a Netflix produced Documentary, as it's very interesting indeed.

Hopefully the town sheriff decides to do what's right and prosecute his landlord, Rob gets his pins back, and everyone's penises remain safe and secure within their homes - hopefully without being knocked into the state of stiffness- win/win for all parties involved.

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

His sons friend wise assed off to me and I punched his head for him outside of the fitness place that he came out off after he was done lifting weights. Knocked him totaly out. Cops came and he is such an ass to everyone in my small town that they told me he needed it and I should just leave before he wakes up. He's a really big guy but went down really fast after I punched him in his face. I got calls 3 weeks later from parents that said I heard what happened and good for you he needed that.

I'm not an investigator, but, perhaps this gentleman has something to do with stealing pins because of all this ruckus? There's more to this story... As they say, where there's smoke- there's usually fire.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Those tiles only work off of Bluetooth , and a bluetooth smart phone needs the app installed and be within 50 feet to locate where the tile is "at the moment"
    Not the greatest locating device when gps is needed unfortunately

If you have the need to use GPS tracking devices in your 250+lb pinball machines, it's probably best to consider moving to a safer place that you call home.

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure anybody wants to Google "D*** knocked stiff" unless maybe you live in the show me state.

Makes me wonder if one of the pins stolen was "Scared Stiff".

The irony being the guy who stole it had his d*** knocked stiff, so that was his payback, to steal his SS machine.

#124 8 years ago

If I was the op, I'd literally walk into the pawn shop like this

#176 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I partially agree. True story: A year and a half ago, my home was broken into. Nearly everything of value was stolen from us--you name it. Jewelry, musical instruments, and anything still in a box that could be "returned." We had a suspicion we knew who the person was, so we set up a camera, and primed him with some bait. Lo and behold, we caught him on camera. It was our heroin addicted next door neighbor. We caught him live on the camera, and called the police from work. According to our other (infinitely better) neighbors, when the police arrived and caught him snooping around our house, he told them that he was "taking out our trash, like he always does when we're not around."
    Long story short, we found out that he had been broken into our home more than 7 times, only taking small things here and there as to keep us from noticing. His wife opened up the trunk of his car to see if we could recover anything from our house, but the damage was done: The pawn shop he took the jewelry to already melted the gold, and he "returned" all of our boxed things to whatever store he could find. In court, he pleaded that he was addicted to heroin, and therefore according to NJ state law, afforded him to be tried in what's called "drug court." After all was said and done, he only spend a month or so in prison (only the amount of time it took to set up the trial), must pay us in restitution, and will remain on probation for a minimum of 5 years while submitting to random drug tests throughout, or until restitution is fully paid off, they also issued him mandatory rehab. So far, we've only received about $50 (there's no minimum payment) from this sleaze ball.
    OP, I wish you all the luck in the world in this matter. You're lucky that most of what has been taken from you has been found (and at least partially recovered), and I don't have any doubts they will be reinstated to you. It will just be a trying ordeal, but well worth your efforts. As for peace of mind and closure, you probably will not get that. Our sleazy neighbor still lives next door to us, and I still throw up the "bird" at him whenever I get the chance--its about all I can do while we wait for our financial compensation.

This story makes me so mad on so many levels... Then you top it off with the fact you still live next to this guy! What a crappy situation... Sorry :/

#203 8 years ago

I made a call to the pawn shop about the pins, and this was the response I got

chum.jpgchum.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pins-found-thanks-to-local-collectors-legal-advice-sought?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.