Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Cudaman
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Homer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    lwyrupVanityPlate2_grande_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    NickPawnStars5_(resized).jpg
    chum.jpg
    roscoe.and_.flash__(resized).jpg
    Bruce-Willis-as-Butch-Coolidge-in-Pulp-Fiction-bruce-willis-15554405-1152-656_(resized).jpg
    Sheriff_(resized).JPG
    download_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    board_(resized).jpg
    There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #249 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Simply hiring an attorney for whatever reason is not "lawyering up."
    That phrase refers to a suspect refusing to answer any further questions from the police and demanding to speak to a lawyer.
    Don't you guys watch any crime dramas?

We all know what it was original used for. In my area it's used for anything and anything that has to do with a lawyer. But thanks for the update.

#250 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

We all know what it was original used for. In my area it's used for anything and anything that has to do with a lawyer. But thanks for the update.

I never said it was an update, thanks for the sarcasm. I should be the one thanking you for the update that yet another phrase has less actual meaning than it once did. If the trend of words and phrases having specific meanings being degraded to simple generic references continues, soon nothing will mean anything, e.g. awesome, acronym, deja vu, ironic...

And, ironically (and ironically!), lawyers would be the first to tell you that words have specific meanings.

#251 8 years ago

I guess i'm confused, OP I'm sure a lawyer could draft the requested documents for you and it wouldn't take a ton of time. Take some time off and get the machines before they get tossed around the pawnshop

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I never said it was an update, thanks for the sarcasm. I should be the one thanking you for the update that yet another phrase has less actual meaning than it once did. If the trend of words and phrases having specific meanings being degraded to simple generic references continues, soon nothing will mean anything, e.g. awesome, acronym, deja vu, ironic...
    And, ironically (and ironically!), lawyers would be the first to tell you that words have specific meanings.

S'all good, man.

#253 8 years ago

rob, talked to park hills pawn shop owner the other day. She said her husband had some guns stolen from his house and they found them at one of the other potosi pawn shops. He had to pay the pawnshop what they payed, plus interest to get them back. Even though he had all the serial numbers. I'm kinda like some of the other guys on here, I think I would get some of the local news channels involved. A clean name is worth a lot more than a few pins when you're trying to run a business. Get him a little bad publicity he might cave in and give them up. After all if he was selling them for $2500, then he probably had $1000 to $1500 in them at most. Also file a complaint with the Better business Bureau about the pawn shop.

#256 8 years ago

Angry and sad at the same time. Hope this never happens again to any of us.
    Mike

#257 8 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

rob, talked to park hills pawn shop owner the other day. She said her husband had some guns stolen from his house and they found them at one of the other potosi pawn shops. He had to pay the pawnshop what they payed, plus interest to get them back. Even though he had all the serial numbers. I'm kinda like some of the other guys on here, I think I would get some of the local news channels involved. A clean name is worth a lot more than a few pins when you're trying to run a business. Get him a little bad publicity he might cave in and give them up. After all if he was selling them for $2500, then he probably had $1000 to $1500 in them at most. Also file a complaint with the Better business Bureau about the pawn shop.

I would file a complaint with the attorney general's office.
    That should get their attention.
    Also, if the county sheriff is in bed with these people, file a complaint with the state police.

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

State statutes say differently. These pawn shops need to be taken to the cleaners!

#259 8 years ago

My take:

The pawnshop is well within it's right to require the proper process to be completed, which, after reading through it, is very, very simple. Anyone could do it, and not even need a lawyer - it's very simple what is required.

On the pawnshop side, the most important thing to them is the promise of the person that they will cooperate if the pawn shop pursues legal action against the seller that sold them the stolen merchandise, rather than just disappear. The pawn shop wants their money back, and the only way they stand a chance is if the original owner cooperates with them if they take action.

I always try to keep in mind there are always two points of view, and while we are quick to jump on the pawnshop for not immediately returning the merchandise - I can see why, if I'm a pawn shop owner, I am going to want all the ducks in a row and the proper process to be followed in the event I try to pursue getting my money back from the seller, of which I have a copy of their ID.

#260 8 years ago

Receiving stolen property is a felony in all states. In Montana, a pawn shop that behaved like this would be out of business and the owner would be put behind bars. I guess in other states, filthy criminals are better tolerated.

BTW, an automatic center punch does wonders on plate glass windows and you'd be amazed what the homeless will do for a case of beer.

#261 8 years ago

is it time to sell the pawn shop owner "fire insurance" ?

#262 8 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

S'all good, man.

Excellent show

1 week later
    #265 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

He'll need an expert to look at that.

Selling drugs to that guy must suck. "No, I can't do 250 for the ounce. No, I can't call in a buddy."

#266 8 years ago

Scientific Games/ Bally will be releasing a CONversion kit for their Pawn Stars slots....

#268 8 years ago
    Quoted from J_Striker:

I am a police officer in NC and worked in investigations for several years. I have also worked investigations that lead to the recovery of several items rom pawn shops.
    Once a report is taken from a stolen television and a report is filed, that stolen television serial number is entered into NCIC. If located at a pawn shop the officer should have the legal authority to go seize that item and hold it for prosecution of the offender. I always seized the item and charged the person pawning the item with possession of stolen property and obtaining money by false pretenses listing the pawn shop as the victim.
    I haven't read through the case law of the link you posted but will and report back soon

Same here retired N.C. officer x2 on everything Jonathan said. It is very important that you can show the items did indeed belong to you (sales receipt, photos of the items in your home, serial numbers etc) and that you called the police and filed a report. If you have those item and that information you should not really have that hard of a time getting your things back.

#269 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Drip some blood/semen into your cabinet, DNA is indisputable

ROFLH - Only you would come up with that one...

#270 8 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

You would be the 1st one I ever encountered that did that

I do that too.

1 month later
    #271 8 years ago

I'm very happy to report that the four pins found are finally in my possession.

It's taken many sleepless nights, almost daily phone calls, sometimes several a day for almost four months, but the games where loaded into my vehicle this morning.

HUGE thanks to my local buddy Chris C. for the help with moving them and throughout this whole ridiculous process.

Very sorry I didn't update before this, but I really had nothing but frustration to report until today, and this thread got more than a little out of hand.

I also want to thank Fast-Ed for letting me know he found them, Andrew R for help with the paperwork, and the following people for helping me get some of my property off of the farm before it all got stolen too. There's some really fantastic people in this hobby, and these are just a few of them...Mark Czarnowski, Dale Brown, Troy Smith, his Dad, and friend Jonathan, and Basil LeBlanc. I owe you all a great deal of gratitude, respect, and so much more, thank you!!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#272 8 years ago

Congrats and Kickass!!!!!

#273 8 years ago

happy endings are always the best
    even though it might have been painful getting there

#274 8 years ago

AWESOME!

#275 8 years ago

AWESOME! Glad this really worked out, man. Now play the crap out of them.

#276 8 years ago

Can you provide any details on how you got the pawn shop to release the pins? I am amazed they are allowed to operate like they did. Is that legal to hold stolen property?

#277 8 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Can you provide any details on how you got the pawn shop to release the pins? I am amazed they are allowed to operate like they did. Is that legal to hold stolen property?

Grudgingly:

http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/36700000441.html

#278 8 years ago

Please tell us that you put these expensive toys in a SECURE storage facility this time?

Homer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11_(resized).jpgHomer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11_(resized).jpg

#279 8 years ago

Great news Rob! Sorry to bring this mess up this past weekend before you had them back in your possession .

#280 8 years ago

Awesome!

#281 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Please tell us that you put these expensive toys in a SECURE storage facility this time?

Homer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11_(resized).jpg

Well, his personal property should be secure storage, shouldn't it?

#282 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Honestly, what kind of comment is that? Rob has been robbed (no pun intended) over a DOZEN times by repeat offenders, he has tried everything under the sun to secure his home, has been fighting the good fight for his property for many months. How insensitive can you possibly be?

#283 8 years ago

Congrats Rob. Good luck on finding the others.

#284 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Honestly, what kind of comment is that? Rob has been robbed (no pun intended) over a DOZEN times by repeat offenders, he has tried everything under the sun to secure his home, has been fighting the good fight for his property for many months. How insensitive can you possibly be?

Got it, he should put them back in his house that apparently gets broken into every other weekend. That should lower his stress level.

#285 8 years ago

ADT 1-800-STAY-OUT

or post on the internet that you will be out of town on these dates....
    but really you are at home with a Remington 870.

#286 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Bad idea.

One of the security cameras took a picture of one of the bad guys carrying a rifle.

These crooks were ready to rock and roll. You don't own anything worth dying over.

LTG : )

#287 8 years ago

Congrats. Crazy you had to wait that long.

#288 8 years ago

Great to hear that you got them back Rob.
    Sorry to hear of all the trouble you had but Im glade everything turned out !

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bad idea.
    One of the security cameras took a picture of one of the bad guys carrying a rifle.
    These crooks were ready to rock and roll. You don't own anything worth dying over.

LTG Is your life and family NOT worth defending? If a baddy breaks in what do you do? Call the police and wait?

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

LTG Is your life and family NOT worth defending?

I wrote "own anything". Property.

Your life, your wife, your children, aren't property. And aren't what was the topic of this thread.

#291 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Quoted from bob_e:

LTG Is your life and family NOT worth defending? If a baddy breaks in what do you do? Call the police and wait?

Are you going to use your family as bait for this trap ?

#292 8 years ago

Well, when I was a kid and my parents were expecting a home invasion, they told me to put out milk and cookies!

#293 8 years ago

My brothers video caught a guy wearing a fake beard and a red suit as a disguise.

#294 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bad idea.

LTG, what you ment to say is I don't own anything that's worth the crooks dying over. Lol. That's the way we rock and roll down here in the sticks. Ed

#295 8 years ago

Outstanding that you finally were able to recover your property Rob.

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pins-found-thanks-to-local-collectors-legal-advice-sought/page/6?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.