Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sohchx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

I'll keep an eye out. This is hard for me to believe. I personally know the owner and operator of United and have been to the main facility many times, even purchased a number of machines from them in the past. I wonder which of their locations this happened at because most all of these titles aren't/weren't in the main facility the last time I was there. They do have many storage places though, including somewhere in downtown Wichita I was told. I imagine that's where this occurred.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Why would this make any difference at all? *scratch head*
Sucks that games got stolen, but if they've been sitting on games for 20 years, they obviously weren't motivated to sell them out before? If anything maybe the fact that they lost inventory they haven't been selling should be a motivator to reduce down, consolidate locations, and make the ones they do have more secure, I'd think...
I patrol CL for KS/OK/TX/MO/AR/LA, I'll keep an eye out but man...bleh.

Yeah. Trying to buy anything from them takes a hostage negotiator-style type of training. They won't sell anything unless it's working and even then, the prices are retail, even for stuff that's 30 years old. I have been able to purchase a few machines in the past, but no popular titles because those are the ones they try and gouge you on.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Uh - those serial numbers aren't serial numbers. I'm not even sure what those numbers would be.

Those are stock numbers. Every item in their inventory has a stock number written on it somewhere in white grease pencil. That's how they keep track of everything. They have a LOT of stuff.

#13 7 years ago

Here are some pictures I took of the last time I was there. This is not where the machines that were stolen were being kept, but it gives you an idea of how much stuff they have, and this is just one location...(you can see the grease pencil stock numbers on some of the cabinets)...

Damn. Stand by.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They are a retail shop so why wouldn't their prices be at retail? I have been in to talk to them a few times and look at the inventory for sale list. They don't have what I want so I have not bought anything from them. The place is a mess and looks like a salvage yard for pinball and arcade games, but I don't think they are rubes; I think they know the market for what they have and price accordingly.

True, but they want $1500 for a water damaged, faded, scratched up Ms. Pac/Galaga/etc simply because they are popular titles. I should have specified that I was talking more about arcade cabs than pins. But if you went in and said "I want that broken down Addams," they won't sell it to you, even if you make them a decent off because their policy is they won't sell anything unless it's working.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from digit:

And, at this point with the help of some of the very "movers & shakers" friends/colleagues here in the in the mid-west region we've already found and confirmed most of the titles by connecting the dots.

Good news!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 5.00
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 12.95
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 23.95
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pinball-machines-wichita-ks?tu=Zenomorp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.