(Topic ID: 153490)

PIN2DMD - LED color DMD for all resolutions (128x32, 128x16, 192x64 and 256x64)

By lucky1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Slippifishi Files (resized).png
CFTBL Corrupt Files (resized).png
CFTBL Current Files (resized).png
IMG_2849.jpeg
A8AEA534-F3BD-4919-B78E-7D1AB6B96097 (resized).jpeg
F43E1532-CFC7-4AAC-97C5-03E3AA12C585 (resized).jpeg
EA68A705-4AB3-4D9E-9C8D-E1D46F77C48E (resized).jpeg
ABBFB05F-1655-4F97-B947-9553F6E41B1E (resized).jpeg
board (resized).PNG
display (resized).jpg
1734D102-06BB-46F8-8907-BEE132F0FC91 (resized).jpeg
D4D83DAE-308F-4D55-AA77-AA4475620FBB (resized).png
46772C85-ACBC-4980-B0F4-992A927A2346 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).png
7F9951E5-173C-498B-8921-96D54E268C47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rappelbox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#457 7 years ago

Luis did a great job on designing the pcb!

For all of you from central and northern europe, you can contact me too for the beautiful hardware from Luis.
Pricing is same, but shipping will be lower as routes are shorter!
And if you need help with hardware and software installation, well i can also help you with that!
If we manage to plan a route that is efficient, i could install several devices on several locations a day

For some of you concerned about my reputation or other things:
I have already shipped more than 130-140 sets of pin2dmd-hardware

Please always keep in mind:
No matter from where you order your set, it's is still locked!
You have to make a small donation for charity to lucky1.
How to do it is described here: http://pin2dmd.com/installation/
But he needs the serial number of your device, so please wait until you receive your set

so feel free to contact me: [email protected]
or https://www.facebook.com/germangamingsupplies

Greetings,
Dom

#464 7 years ago

I don't know exactly why, but so far I only hear concerns from competitors, but not from customers?!?!
And it's always the same people...
Come one guys, it's an awesome piece of Software. Lucky1 and Steve45 keep the motor running and as far as I can tell, I don't see an end of support! If it happens one day I'm sure it will be given in good hands.

I have seen and supported the project from the very beginning, ordering the very first displays and so on and I'm very proud of helping the guys where I can and being (a small) part of a team of supporters!!! I was ordering a larger amount of hardware before it was even clear if they would sell or not. Even when it turned out that on the first run I was adding 5,- on each panel I continued! And guess why?
Because I believed in Jörgs and Stefans work! It has not been for the money, but for the development of a very cool idea.
How does it come that so far only 1 (I only know from this particular guy) device was sold from customer?!?! Because it's a rubbish piece of sh*t???

By the way, shouldn't I be really p*ssed off that Luis jumped on the train and is "stealing" customers?
The only thing that wasn't correct was the beginning with a modified firmware. Now that things have been clarified everything is fine!

Just my 2 cents,
Dom

#475 7 years ago

#486 7 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/germangamingsupplies/videos/530749837113503/
Hope, you like what you see

In case you don't have Facebook, watch it on YouTube:

#488 7 years ago

I have 2 variants

1. use your existing pin2dmd hardware and mirror the output, without 2nd controller, cheaper but requires already bougth pin2dmd system, and only usable with a pin2dmd device

2. use it with original DMD or any other solution, requires own hard- and firmware (Pin2dmd-board, firmware and key), more expensive, but stand-alone and flexible to your liking, see description below youtube video

Greetings,
Dom

3 weeks later
#529 7 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Has been a pleasure to work together with Luis on this new version which supports all new and upcoming features of pin2dmd color prism firmware and new go-dmd clock version. A special "topper" version is planned which can be used as a large scale DMD display during game play and as a clock with animations when pinball machine is off. Here is a preview video of go-dmd from Steve
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

A Topper is already available from me on a preorder base, only thing missing is firmware
But for now you can choose if you like to install pin2dmd colorprism firmware OR Go-DMD clock firmware.

2 weeks later
#544 7 years ago

Of course, russell!
It's my shop and it's already discussed with lucky1...

Only thing is the name of the product, but hey , interesting that you like my shop
I would like to add you dmd too, so drop me a line if you're interested.

Just to clarify: if there's a serious problem, I don't mind removing software, but hardware is sold-as-is!
If there was a problem with shops selling commercially then this whole thread would be worthless.
Big difference is that I'm not only selling hardware but also giving support and help where i can!!! Oh, not to forget: warranty for hardware!

Greetings,
Dom

#550 7 years ago

Most things can be found on pin2dmd.com

Put it in your machine,
Activate it with your keyfile,
Connect to a laptop/pc using usb and select the mode and maybe a basic color. Or load a dmc file.
Didn't you get any kind of instruction or something????
If you need to know more feel free to ask.

Greetings,
Dom

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Topper looks great!

Sorry, but Luis has no access to that Layout!
It's only available through Steve or here: https://germangamingsupplies.com/GO-DMD-clocks
Both, small and big are applicable of displaying pin2dmd or GoDMD data.

Greetings,
Dom

1 week later
#580 7 years ago

Seems like reading error of the card.

#584 7 years ago

@nepi23:
Nothing obviously visible.
Did you try other cards or changing the settings with pin2dmd.exe?

@pinballwil: it's getting easier and easier and with a little help from us even absolute beginners can do that.

Greetings,
Dom

#593 7 years ago

To separate it from the normal pin2dmd thread, I opened a new one especially for SEGA/DataEast 192x64 Pixel Displays here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

Greetings,
Dom

5 months later
#647 7 years ago

I assume it's a fault on the breakout board. If you have a soldering iron, and a multimeter we can check that asap.

Greetings,
Dom

#652 7 years ago

Please test the connection as shown in the picture below.
Somehow, I have the feeling that the connection between the red cable is missing.

Remove the ls123 and bridge it like in the 2nd attached picture.

Greetings,
Dom

IMG_6220 (resized).JPGIMG_6220 (resized).JPG

IMG_5654 (resized).JPGIMG_5654 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#673 7 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Hey lucky I believe I have this same shield version from uncle sash. Do you know the exact version that is affected? Do you have any recommendations on a way to fix the issue so we could use the signal enhancer(like run some jumper wires and cut some traces or something? I know it's not your board design so I don't expect you to be thrilled about it, sorry about that... if you don't have any suggestions could you draw up the signal enhancer pinout so I could figure it out myself. Thank you very much for any help!

This version works only WITHOUT the signal enhancer.
The reason is simply: it's in the wrong data line!
But unless you use a Sam or spike machine you shouldn't be affected.

4 months later
#704 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Based on this it doesn't seem to be an issue with the game. Elwood are you using the Discovery board and shield solution from Rappelbox? If so I ran into this issue which is a design problem with the signal enhancer circuit not working.

This issue has been fixed a longer time ago...

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm new to this product so bare with me. What I've read though I'm confused as to the intention.
Is it mainly used for virtual pins to colorize (similar to color dmd effect) or is it also used in real pinballs? If the latter, is it just a price point question then b/w color dmd and this? As for virtual pins, is it as simple as install and then install files so it can display all games in full color?

You get a compact overview of all it's capabilities on pin2dmd.com

It is capable of both, virtual and real pinball machines.

There are several machines already colorized with pinball browser and pin2dmd-editor.
Each device has several modes.

Single color mode:
-8 predefined palettes

Single palette mode:
-you predefine a single palette of 4 to 16 colors/shades depending on what type of game you have (B/W 4 colors, Stern 16 colors)

Complex colorization:
-can be achieved by either using pinball browser or pin2dmd-editor

this was just a very short overview

Greetings,
Dom

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The same group behind the Pin2DMD (Lucky1, Steve, and Rappelbox) has also worked to create knockoffs of PinDMD, the Run-DMD clock, and Pinsound.

There is no "group" or what you want to call it.

Without me it would still be a hobby project, it was intended to be! So blame it on me, not on them...

I found the system amazing so I decided to spread it. Same with GoDMD. I love the fact that everyone is free to use his/her personal skills to colorize a game to his personal liking, and not been forced to use a certain preset, given by someone else.
If I understand US copyright laws correct then its legal to spread macros (pinball browser), config files (no copyrighted material included) etc.
None of the people mentioned above sells complete colorizations. In fact i'm not even selling/providing presets.
There are other people trying to make profit of it and i'm not talking about the guys colorizing their own games and taking donations.

There was never an attempt to copy colordmd or other systems, which would be surely possible, but that would be illegal. So there hasn't been even thought of, at least by me and I would bet from Steve45 and Lucky1 either.

I see a legit competition, running different systems to colorize formally single colored DMDs, given different hardware and different techniques.
I see:
-ColorDMD
-PIN2DMD
-pinDMD
-SmartDMD
-prototypes of other systems etc.
-PROC
So this looks to me like "state-of-the-art", and not a ColorDMD-unique and patentable thing. But i live in Europe, so I might have a different understanding of patents then you!

It sounds to me like you are trying to protect your monoploy, given the circumstances that your biggest donor (stern) is not delivering its Pinballs with classic DMDs anymore...
If I had the will to compete with you i had colorized different games and sold them just a few bucks cheaper then your sets.
But, like lucky1 and steve45, that is not my intention.

Great products always lead to some kind of intimidators, but like mentioned SEVERAL times before, it has never been the intention to COPY your product.

Just MY 2 cents.

@taxman:
I love the effort you did on T2, but i don't like the colors you used. That's why i will use my own colorization, for my personal use!

No one is forced to use a ColorDMD or a PIN2DMD, just give people the chance to decide on their own which system to use, with all it's benefits and drawbacks. But i think thats exactly the point where you think your patent comes into game.

I wish all the best to all involved parties, may we find a satisfactory solution to this.
Dominik

4 months later
#783 6 years ago

Pictures from a customers black rose and a brand new V4
This is one of the reasons a still produce the breakoutboard/ nucleo combination. No matter what game you own, there’s always a way to mount it.

Light stopper kit to reduce light shining from side and top of the Blackbox will be also available very soon...

EF5296E4-8265-4636-9F4B-18823D701893 (resized).jpegEF5296E4-8265-4636-9F4B-18823D701893 (resized).jpeg

C06BB7B3-BF6A-48A1-B47E-9A7F23921324 (resized).jpegC06BB7B3-BF6A-48A1-B47E-9A7F23921324 (resized).jpeg

E3492DC7-0731-49E8-9D00-0AD3112BF7E6 (resized).jpegE3492DC7-0731-49E8-9D00-0AD3112BF7E6 (resized).jpeg

AAE68C5D-5D8E-403A-9446-AC6601804867 (resized).jpegAAE68C5D-5D8E-403A-9446-AC6601804867 (resized).jpeg

7ED68715-7204-42B7-956C-3A751AF2F3CA (resized).jpeg7ED68715-7204-42B7-956C-3A751AF2F3CA (resized).jpeg

6C7CDE06-0BD4-43E7-95D8-B113F03961A8 (resized).jpeg6C7CDE06-0BD4-43E7-95D8-B113F03961A8 (resized).jpeg

0C7F0880-8B85-485D-8A0A-6CC4455A99BA (resized).jpeg0C7F0880-8B85-485D-8A0A-6CC4455A99BA (resized).jpeg

E1D7DB53-88ED-41D8-9021-12475F319836 (resized).jpegE1D7DB53-88ED-41D8-9021-12475F319836 (resized).jpeg

B22833F1-DDB7-4966-AAA4-CD88D198F7A6 (resized).jpegB22833F1-DDB7-4966-AAA4-CD88D198F7A6 (resized).jpeg

39BB27B3-586D-4A9D-82E1-2384FBD7052F (resized).jpeg39BB27B3-586D-4A9D-82E1-2384FBD7052F (resized).jpeg

11 months later
#834 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello, i finally moved to a shield from germangamingsupplies.
But the issue is the same.
So basically, i've got a real indiana jones WMS (rom L7), working well with the genuine DMD but want to put a PIN2DMD to get rid of some missing lines, and may be get color !
I've got a PIN2DMD with the shield, working well when connected in usb with VPX.
I have put via pin2dmd.exe through usb the pin2dmd.pal from ij_l7.dmc on the sd card (FAT formatted)
the SD card is correctly working as config saves are working.
But when i plug the PIN2DMD to the IJ, it's not working. It stays on BALLY/WILLIAMS
I've got a blinking LED every second on the ST card, two red LED.
The config and menu buttons are working well on the shield,as well as power LED.
Any idea ?
I've pasted some pics here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i6f0MMddCNHAs7d7CgcYDXiQxZ3RyFdS
What could be the reason, is there a soldering guide to be sure about component orientation?
Thank you for your help !!

Check if your flatbed cable has its No1 (red strand) pin on the correct side of the controller board in your backbox. This is the most common mistake if the shield is working properly itself.

#837 5 years ago

Have you checked the bottom side if all points are soldered, especially input side.
What I can see from the pictures is that the components seem to be correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, OH
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 21.95
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rappelbox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom?tu=rappelbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.