(Topic ID: 153490)

PIN2DMD - LED color DMD for all resolutions (128x32, 128x16, 192x64 and 256x64)

By lucky1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Slippifishi Files (resized).png
CFTBL Corrupt Files (resized).png
CFTBL Current Files (resized).png
IMG_2849.jpeg
A8AEA534-F3BD-4919-B78E-7D1AB6B96097 (resized).jpeg
F43E1532-CFC7-4AAC-97C5-03E3AA12C585 (resized).jpeg
EA68A705-4AB3-4D9E-9C8D-E1D46F77C48E (resized).jpeg
ABBFB05F-1655-4F97-B947-9553F6E41B1E (resized).jpeg
board (resized).PNG
display (resized).jpg
1734D102-06BB-46F8-8907-BEE132F0FC91 (resized).jpeg
D4D83DAE-308F-4D55-AA77-AA4475620FBB (resized).png
46772C85-ACBC-4980-B0F4-992A927A2346 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).png
7F9951E5-173C-498B-8921-96D54E268C47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#890 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there are places in europe where you can by a fully assembled (plug&play) kit? Alternatively one package containing everything needed?

I have one already that i ordered from german gaming supplies, but if possible i would like to order from some where else this time.

6 months later
#959 4 years ago

Hmm, i seem to remember that the display itself had some default palettes you could choose from, so that you could easily set it to a red palette, a green palette and so on via the buttons on the back. Perhaps i dont remember correctly? Unfortunately don't have a display any more to test.

But if that IS the case, isn't there an orange palette that resemples an ordinary plasma display? And if not perhaps it could be added to future firmware versions?

#961 4 years ago

Aaaah yes, you're probably right. But still, having an "as close to plasma as possible" palette as one of the defaults could still be nice to have.

2 months later
#976 4 years ago

I think there is a good chance the "late colors" are editor related. I'm not 100% sure, but in my IJ all of the transitions between different screens aren't colorized. Only when the transition is done, the colors appear. This makes it look like the colors are "late" a lot of the time, and unfortunately kinda ruins the experience.

Don't get med wrong, i think NetzZwerg did an amazing job with the coloring! But i don't think it's any secret that that the current editor for WPC machines has its limitations. But again, i could easily be wrong about it being editor related.

I had a Pin2DMD in my TSPP, and that didn't have the same issues, but as i understand it, a different editor is used for those games?

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

oh, lol, dunno why I had Indy on the brain

Probably because i mentioned i had the same problem in my IJ And yes, it's a real pin, and yes i donated to get the files. But with that said, i was actually aware of the issues before i donated. I just think i hoped they wouldn't be as noticeable as they are. So i have been thinking about going back to monochrome on my IJ, as i find it (for me) less distracting. And then who knows if there will updates down the line.

But I really want to point out, that i think the coloring job on IJ is awesome!! And i understand that it takes an insane amount of hours to do with the tools available. So i have nothing but respect for the people doing these colorizations!

I absolutely love each and everyone contributing to this great hobby, so it is in no way intended as "bashing" or anything when i mention a specific coloring job or the editor.

#988 4 years ago

Aaah ok. Guess that makes sense, and would actually be less distracting.

Thanks for clarifying

1 year later
#1129 3 years ago

That looks awesome!! I really like the colors you chose. Really really nice work!!

I had your colorization for my TSPP, which was awesome as well. Worth every penny!

1 month later
#1154 3 years ago

Looks stunning!! Excellent work!

1 month later
#1168 3 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a Pin2DMD board that i want to update to v4.10, but the display just says "Update failed" or something like that.

I have updated 6-7 other boards for my friends, without any problem. I am confident that i have an EVO board, and that i downloaded the correct .upd file. The file is placed in the root of the SD card. Just like every other board i updated.

Any tips to what could be wrong? My board is similar to this one:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Did you try a different SD card? If I remember correctly the SD card must be 10GB or less to work correctly.

Nope, haven't had a chance to try this yet.

Quoted from dzorbas:

I have updated hundreds of them like this after initially installing v3.xx on them using the DfuSe software and my laptop. I have yet to see an "Update failed" message. I would suggest a re-flash using DfuSe and then try running the update from the memory card again. There is a chance that the memory card went bad between the last successful update and this one or that the reader on your last board is bad.

I'll try a re-flash. If the reader was bad, i would think that reading the color files would also be an issue? But it is definitely worth trying a re-flash or another SD card.

Thanks for your input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 180.00
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom?tu=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.