(Topic ID: 153490)

PIN2DMD - LED color DMD for all resolutions (128x32, 128x16, 192x64 and 256x64)

By lucky1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Slippifishi Files (resized).png
CFTBL Corrupt Files (resized).png
CFTBL Current Files (resized).png
IMG_2849.jpeg
A8AEA534-F3BD-4919-B78E-7D1AB6B96097 (resized).jpeg
F43E1532-CFC7-4AAC-97C5-03E3AA12C585 (resized).jpeg
EA68A705-4AB3-4D9E-9C8D-E1D46F77C48E (resized).jpeg
ABBFB05F-1655-4F97-B947-9553F6E41B1E (resized).jpeg
board (resized).PNG
display (resized).jpg
1734D102-06BB-46F8-8907-BEE132F0FC91 (resized).jpeg
D4D83DAE-308F-4D55-AA77-AA4475620FBB (resized).png
46772C85-ACBC-4980-B0F4-992A927A2346 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).png
7F9951E5-173C-498B-8921-96D54E268C47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveNZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#815 5 years ago

Has Uncle Sash surfaced? I'd like to buy some shields.

5 months later
#820 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Need to ask some help. I received files to try real colorized project on a pinball machine with a pin2dmd display. But it has been time since I have used Pin2DMD and I cannot remember to which wires I was supposed to put the splice-terminals in order to rob power for the Pin2DMD display. Could you please upload some pics showing the correct wires to where to hook pin2dmd to get power from a WPC95-machine? Thanks!

J138, 139 140 and 141 on WPC95 will give you 12VDC. pins 2 and 3.

1 month later
#865 5 years ago

The EVO board is really purpose made for a Pinball DMD - virtual or real. Given the very specific setup for fixing and DMD size, there would be no point in adding all the required goDMD peripherals.

The best option for goDMD is the VET6 design. I built one recently - looks great, works great

I really like the functionality - time, date, temperature. relative humidity, and animations. Also you can set the text (time, date etc) to one colour or random and set the animations to another colour or random.

I like the fixed colour for text and random for the animations.

2 months later
#869 5 years ago

Hi Lucky1 or Steve45,

is there any instructions on how to use the PIN2DMD editor to create animations for goDMD? There is good info for colorizing DMD animations, but I can't find any instructions on how to choose the animations and to then use those animations to create the foo.ani file.

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Did you try export for go-DMD under the recordings tab ?

No I didn't before you asked,
but I just tried and no file was was created.

Actually there are a lot of options and I was hoping for some sort of guidance on how to export for foo.ini.

Here is a list of questions:

I expect that the first step is to load a project in the editor. for example I am working on colorization for Scared Stiff so I loaded this project.

When I export for DMD will it export all of the scenes that I have cut as part of my colorization work?

Otherwise, how would I choose what scenes will be exported?

How do I create a project with scenes from multiple games?

For the goDMD, there are some options - cycle, hold, fsk etc - what does each do?

When exporting for goDMD, there are some options - filename, I just entered foo.ani - is that OK.
RGB version - what is the difference between version 1 and version 2.

I am using editor version 2.5.05 32 bit.

1 year later
#1032 3 years ago

I would normally post this at VPuniverse but that website seems to be having trouble these days.
I have competed 3 PIN2DMDs using the V4-Nucleo shield. I have built a few before and I can't remember having the same issue.

The issue is the SD card reader does not seem to work. Is there a way to fault find this problem? I have checked continuity for all of the pins and all are good except SD-CD, but I believe this is not used in any case. The actual SD reader is a waveshare that I have used on the other working PIN2DMD.

I believe that the SD card reader is not working because:
- the firmware update did not work.
- I have put the key onto the card and the DMD is still not activated
_ put fsq and pal files on the card and they are not used

The SD card itself is good, I tried it in a fully working PIN2DMD.

#1036 3 years ago

Turned out my problem with the SD card reader wad 2 faulty SD Card devices. I had 6 all together, I got around to testing all of them and only 4 would work.
So now I need to buy just 2 x SD Card readers.

10 months later
#1163 3 years ago

If you use the part circled in blue and choose the correct firmware, after clicking upgrade (and the task completing and verifying) just push the reset button and you will see the PIN2DMD logo on your displays. There is no need to put it into run mode, I don't know what this run mode is and I have built a lot of these. There is also no need for an SD card at this point, the PIN2DMD will work correctly as long as the correct firmware is loaded.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yep, nada. No display.

Any chance you are using the wrong firmware? the firmware file name is PIN2DMD.dfu which you should be getting from the \PIN2DMD\PIN2DMD-master\PIN2DMD-master\firmware\latest\EVO128x32_EVO128x16 - the beginning part of that folder will be different for you as it depends on where on your hard drive you unzipped the project. probably this part is the most important. \firmware\latest\EVO128x32_EVO128x16.

If you are using the correct firmware any chance you have faulty or the wrong type of displays?

Have you soldered in the power wiring and plugged the power cords into the displays?

One test you can do to test if the firmware is running but you have a display problem is insert an SD card, power the PIN2DMD on and off, take out the SD card and read it in your PC. Is there a file written to the card with a longish alphanumeric code? IF it does have this file this then your PIN2DMD is running but you have a displays issue.

1 week later
#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Did you try a different SD card? If I remember correctly the SD card must be 10GB or less to work correctly.

I have successfully used 16Gb cards, its hard to find anything smaller these days.

6 months later
#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Hi all, a friend with Pin2DMD in his Addams Family has asked me to help him out. I'm not familiar with it, but trying to do some research. He showed me some frames in the game where the color changes (I'm guessing these were missed frames in the colorization process). Is this something you need to wait to be fixed in a code update? He said it's software version 4.09.
Cheers!
Adam.

First thing make sure there is no credit dot. A credit dot will cause issues with some frames.

version 4.09 will be the PIN2DMD firmware version. It is an old version, looks like the latest is V4.26 https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/blob/master/firmware/latest/EVO128x32_EVO128x16/PIN2DMD.upd will get you to the firmware for the EVO board. Assuming he has that board. If unsure check the board type first before loading the update. Failure to check may leave you with a bigger problem.

To load the update, turn off the game, eject the SD card, put the downloaded file onto the SD card, install the SD card and turn on the game. If all goes well you will see something like "updating" on the PIN2DMD.

Updating the firmware may not fix the issue you are seeing as that may be in the colorization files - check that the files are the latest from Netzwerg, when your friend paid for the files he should have got a google drive link to the colorization files so you can downlaod and install the latest.

If your problem remains, you will need to report the problem to Netzwerg.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveNZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom?tu=SteveNZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.