Looking into having the EVO pcb cut and populated. I got a quote from pcbway, and it was around $75 per board shipped if I did a run of 10. Looking around, it looks like jlcpcb.com could do it for a good bit cheaper, but I would be on my own for the through hole components (which is fine).
Has anyone done a successful run through them? Their site is pretty self service, and I have a handful of components that I'm having difficulty in matching from the BOM:
1) Can't find same sized buttons for reset, etc. (430152043826). They have the following, e.g., which is a bit too small: https://lcsc.com/product-detail/Tactile-Switches_XKB-Enterprise-TS-1187A-C-E-A_C318887.html/?href=jlc-SMT
2) Can't find exact match for the inductor SRP1265A-470M. They have the following in the stock which is similar in size, but it's only 2.5 amp instead of 6.5 amp: https://lcsc.com/product-detail/Power-Inductors_Sunlord-SWRB1207S-470MT_C169376.html/?href=jlc-SMT. Is the 6.5 amps needed?
3) Can't find a clock crystal in the same package as FC4SDCBMF8.0-T1. The have the following in stock which looks close-ish: https://lcsc.com/product-detail/SMD-Crystal-Resonators_Harmony-Elec-X5H008000FC1H-X_C136084.html/?href=jlc-SMT
4) Can't find a match for SK54BTR. Can I drop in an rectifier that matches the max reverse voltage and amps, or is the lower voltage drop of this component super important?
5) Can't find an SD card socket of any kind. Is there another search term I should be trying?
6) They're out of stock on the STM32F427VIT6. Is an STM32F427VGT6 an appropriate substitute? They are the same size package from what I can tell and the data sheet bunches STM32F427xxxx together.
For fun, I cloned the repo w/ the evo files and downloaded the free version of EAGLE, but it seems the free version doesn't allow for editing of boards this size. Is there an open source/free alternative to EAGLE?
I'm pretty inexperienced in this area so...Is the design flow w/ EAGLE that I load the schematic file make my modifications, and then use that to generate the board/layout? Was playing w/ this in case 1-3 requires modification of the board to support the components that jlcpcb has on hand. (When I last did this way back when in college, I used that type of a flow, modifying the final layout as necessary.)