(Topic ID: 153490)

PIN2DMD - LED color DMD for all resolutions (128x32, 128x16, 192x64 and 256x64)

By lucky1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Slippifishi Files (resized).png
CFTBL Corrupt Files (resized).png
CFTBL Current Files (resized).png
IMG_2849.jpeg
A8AEA534-F3BD-4919-B78E-7D1AB6B96097 (resized).jpeg
F43E1532-CFC7-4AAC-97C5-03E3AA12C585 (resized).jpeg
EA68A705-4AB3-4D9E-9C8D-E1D46F77C48E (resized).jpeg
ABBFB05F-1655-4F97-B947-9553F6E41B1E (resized).jpeg
board (resized).PNG
display (resized).jpg
1734D102-06BB-46F8-8907-BEE132F0FC91 (resized).jpeg
D4D83DAE-308F-4D55-AA77-AA4475620FBB (resized).png
46772C85-ACBC-4980-B0F4-992A927A2346 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).png
7F9951E5-173C-498B-8921-96D54E268C47 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,459 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 30.
#651 7 years ago

There is a jumper on the back of the board if that means anything.

#652 7 years ago

Please test the connection as shown in the picture below.
Somehow, I have the feeling that the connection between the red cable is missing.

Remove the ls123 and bridge it like in the 2nd attached picture.

Greetings,
Dom

IMG_6220 (resized).JPGIMG_6220 (resized).JPG

IMG_5654 (resized).JPGIMG_5654 (resized).JPG

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Please test the connection as shown in the picture below.
Somehow, I have the feeling that the connection between the red cable is missing.
Remove the ls123 and bridge it like in the 2nd attached picture.
Greetings,
Dom

The pin layout on the board near the connector is not the same. I'm sorry I guess I was under the impression there would be no difference in designs.

IMG_0959 (resized).JPGIMG_0959 (resized).JPGIMG_0957 (resized).JPGIMG_0957 (resized).JPG

Quoted from tjc02002:

For what it's worth: it looks like your board has the signal enhancer bypassed according to the text on the board. so if you checked signal enhancer in the tool this might cause an issue.

This! After disassembling the board I finally noticed this tiny jumper that says signal enhancer bypassed when closed. Removed this and got signs of life! But what text that showed on the DMD during attract mode was frozen and the display became unresponsive, even after turning the game off. Now I can't even get it to display the game dots again but the behavior of the LEDs was different in both cases:

However, I did find the chip you mentioned and will try your suggestion next.

IMG_0960 (resized).JPGIMG_0960 (resized).JPG

#654 7 years ago

IT WORKS!! Removing the LS123 and jumping the pins fixed it. Thanks for all the help!

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

IT WORKS!! Removing the LS123 and jumping the pins fixed it. Thanks for all the help!
» YouTube video

If the picture is correct with the LS123 removed you did not have the Enhancer checkbox set in the software configuration. Otherwise the picture would be 1 pixel shifted to the right.

#656 7 years ago

I'm sure I checked it, but it's fine now. No shift, no issues at all. Thanks again. Hopefully this will help others should they encounter this problem.

Starting palette for TFTC, I'm leaning towards orange/yellow/green.

#657 7 years ago

It is fine that way. The LS123 is mainly needed for SAM and Spike. At least we know that the enhancer bypass jumper is not working as expected on the shield of Uncle Sash. I will have a test with a data east machine to verify that it is not a software issue.

#658 7 years ago

What if you just uncheck the signal enhancer in the tool and keep the jumper attached? I think you basically have bypassed the signal enhancer by what you did.

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm sure I checked it, but it's fine now. No shift, no issues at all. Thanks again. Hopefully this will help others should they encounter this problem.
Starting palette for TFTC, I'm leaning towards orange/yellow/green.
» YouTube video

I got informed that there is a layout problem with the shield design of Uncle Sash The wire bridge is the only way to get it working.
So the solution is very specific to that version of the shield.

#660 7 years ago

Any advice on running the Java PIN2DMD Editor on Linux Mint (Ubuntu)? I see the software relies on Apple's Cocoa API (I copied the .jar from the Apple .app file). Can you point me to the Ubutnu version you were running in those screenshots? I only see the Windows and Mac version listed on the downloads page.

java -jar go-dmd-clock-1.0.23.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar<br />
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:<br />
	no swt-cocoa-4623 in java.library.path<br />
	no swt-cocoa in java.library.path<br />
	Can't load library: /home/username/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-cocoa-4623.so<br />
	Can't load library: /home/username/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-cocoa.so</p>
<p>	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)<br />
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)<br />
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(Unknown Source)<br />
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)<br />
	at com.rinke.solutions.pinball.PinDmdEditor.main(PinDmdEditor.java:350)
#661 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Any advice on running the Java PIN2DMD Editor on Linux Mint (Ubuntu)? I see the software relies on Apple's Cocoa API (I copied the .jar from the Apple .app file). Can you point me to the Ubutnu version you were running in those screenshots? I only see the Windows and Mac version listed on the downloads page.

We did´t use any Linux version for the screenshots.

#662 7 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

We did´t use any Linux version for the screenshots.

I know, I see some videos posted by Stefan running the Java version on Ubuntu though and was curious to know if that's still possible?

#663 7 years ago

I may have missed this somewhere in the thread, but has anyone used PIN2DMD on a Data East with the 128x16 dmd? I have a Batman that will most likely need a new display and this looks very intriguing.

#664 7 years ago

I don't think any color modules small enough exist do they? Plus that would require reengineering the entire driver circuit since everything is one board.

#665 7 years ago

all data east 128x16 dmd displays have on self board a few eproms and drivers. i think it's two different technologies. because all 128x32 dmd's only show information which goes via ribbon cable. But this display make all this data which goes via ribbon cable on self board... i think it probably can work but you need make a special shield like dmd driver board on stern whitestar machines. and then it must be connected to stm32

1 week later
#666 7 years ago

Never mind!

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I got informed that there is a layout problem with the shield design of Uncle Sash The wire bridge is the only way to get it working.
So the solution is very specific to that version of the shield.

Hey lucky I believe I have this same shield version from uncle sash. Do you know the exact version that is affected? Do you have any recommendations on a way to fix the issue so we could use the signal enhancer(like run some jumper wires and cut some traces or something? I know it's not your board design so I don't expect you to be thrilled about it, sorry about that... if you don't have any suggestions could you draw up the signal enhancer pinout so I could figure it out myself. Thank you very much for any help!

#668 7 years ago

When I create a keyframe, change the palette colors with the keyframe selected, and change to another keyframe (or press Esc to deselect/save the keyframe colors) the palettes for the keyframes don't save. The palette doesn't change from the previously chosen colors when selecting a different keyframe or when playing the dump past the selected scene. Anything I might be missing? I watched your video and followed what you were doing.

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

When I create a keyframe, change the palette colors with the keyframe selected, and change to another keyframe (or press Esc to deselect/save the keyframe colors) the palettes for the keyframes don't save. The palette doesn't change from the previously chosen colors when selecting a different keyframe or when playing the dump past the selected scene. Anything I might be missing? I watched your video and followed what you were doing.

You have last version pin2dmd editor? in last version i use "apply" button to change pallets and colors...

#670 7 years ago

Yes I downloaded the nightly build. And I am clicking apply.

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Hey lucky I believe I have this same shield version from uncle sash. Do you know the exact version that is affected? Do you have any recommendations on a way to fix the issue so we could use the signal enhancer(like run some jumper wires and cut some traces or something? I know it's not your board design so I don't expect you to be thrilled about it, sorry about that... if you don't have any suggestions could you draw up the signal enhancer pinout so I could figure it out myself. Thank you very much for any help!

I don´t have any further info. Please contact Uncle Sash. Since he already made a new version of the shield, he should know better what went wrong.

#672 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Sounds strange to me how you describe the process. First you need to create a palette and then you assign the palette to frame
as a starting point for the switch to that palette by hitting Add PalSwitch. If duration is 0 the palette stays until the next switch
or lasts for the number of milliseconds. Make sure the frame is unique and repeatable.

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

This version works only WITHOUT the signal enhancer.
The reason is simply: it's in the wrong data line!
But unless you use a Sam or spike machine you shouldn't be affected.

#674 7 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Do you have any recommendations on a way to fix the issue so we could use the signal enhancer(like run some jumper wires and cut some traces or something?

The solution has already been explained for Data East games. My understanding is if you remove the chip needed for Stern games, affected boards won't work for Sterns.

#675 7 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Sounds strange to me how you describe the process. First you need to create a palette and then you assign the palette to frame
as a starting point for the switch to that palette by hitting Add PalSwitch. If duration is 0 the palette stays until the next switch
or lasts for the number of milliseconds. Make sure the frame is unique and repeatable.

Ok, when playing with a keyframe selected I didn't realize it would not update the palette on the next keyframe. I created 5 keyframes, each one assigned to a palette. This works so far, but clicking mark start at the first keyframe and mark end at the fifth then clicking cut to create the scene still doesn't switch palettes when playing the scene. The program is certainly cool, I'm sure I must be doing it wrong.

#676 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ok, when playing with a keyframe selected I didn't realize it would not update the palette on the next keyframe. I created 5 keyframes, each one assigned to a palette. This works so far, but clicking mark start at the first keyframe and mark end at the fifth then clicking cut to create the scene still doesn't switch palettes when playing the scene. The program is certainly cool, I'm sure I must be doing it wrong.
» YouTube video

You are using mark start - mark end wrong. You don´t need a keyframe at start and end.
Simply move to your start point in the recording using the scrollbar - press mark start -
move to the end point - press mark end - and then press cut. You then can edit the scene
using 16 colors and replace the existing scene by adding a add frameseq keyframe at the starting point.
You have to select the scene in the dropdown of course.
For simple palette switching you don´t need mark start - end. If you want to hold the palette for a certain time move to the endpoint of the palette and press fetch duration after having assigned a keyframe.

Here is a short intro to the editor
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/tutorials/article/1-intro-to-pin2dmd-editor-for-rom-colorization/

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The solution has already been explained for Data East games. My understanding is if you remove the chip needed for Stern games, affected boards won't work for Sterns.

They will work but might have very rare glitches on SAM and Spike games.

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

They will work but might have very rare glitches on SAM and Spike games.

But is there an error in the board design? If so, I want to fix the error by running traces or cutting traces from the board so that the enhancer can work properly. Any help would be appreciated.

#679 7 years ago

Sorry for the very basic question --- I did look set this thread but didn't read each message.

How does one
1) Acquire the HW for this?
2) Get a list of colorized games?

... Altan

#680 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Sorry for the very basic question --- I did look set this thread but didn't read each message.
How does one
... Altan

You should read it. Your questions might be different.

1) Can I buy this hardware cheaper off someone who got frustrated trying to get it to work?
2) Was there ever more than a couple of games colorized or is it just those crappy 4 color palettes available?

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

How does one
... Altan

To answer your questions: right now there are a few places to buy hardware. The cheapest way is to buy led panels off aliexpress, a shield from rappelbox or uncle sash(or get your own made). And an stm32 discovery board from say mouser(I also think rappelbox and uncle sash can sell you this stuff). Oh, you need to either make or buy a bracket too which those guys sell(I made mine). Also you need some way to supply 5v ~5amps or less of power. I did this with a $4 voltage regulator off eBay and hooked it up the same way colorDMD does it(snag 12v off open driver board connector). A more expensive yet also more elegant solution is buy the stuff from pinballsp. His boards integrate all of the hardware into one board including the bracket to mount in a real pinball.

As far as games that are "colorized": There are really only a few newer stern games done well. This project is an open source community based project and to be honest it's pretty young. It's up to users like you and me to spend time colorizing games and posting the files up for all to use. There is an editor program that has come a long way to accomplish the color data and you can also use pinball browser for newer stern games. It's much easier to color newer stern games because they already have more shades to work with before you have to start actually drawing in your own colors for each frame.

Needless to say if your even remotely interested in this go to the vpuniverse forums and there is a specific pin2dmd forum with all of this information and more. Also check out Pin2dmd.com for the basics.

Pin2dmd is a diy open source project and is very fun IMO. I built 2 of them so far and they cost me about $140 each(actually a little less). I needed a dmd anyway and figured I could get a used regular dmd for about the same as this. Hopefully someday people like you and me will upload decent color renderings of many titles for all to share

What's pretty promising about Pin2dmd is that it is geared toward virtual pinball and all the development applies to virtual or real pinball machines. This gives me hope that many VP users will work to color games in the future.

Hope this helps,

-Tom

#682 7 years ago

Thank you. Very helpful.

Quoted from tjc02002:

To answer your questions: right now there are a few places to buy hardware. The cheapest way is to buy led panels off aliexpress, a shield from rappelbox or uncle sash(or get your own made). And an stm32 discovery board from say mouser(I also think rappelbox and uncle sash can sell you this stuff). Oh, you need to either make or buy a bracket too which those guys sell(I made mine). Also you need some way to supply 5v ~5amps or less of power. I did this with a $4 voltage regulator off eBay and hooked it up the same way colorDMD does it(snag 12v off open driver board connector). A more expensive yet also more elegant solution is buy the stuff from pinballsp. His boards integrate all of the hardware into one board including the bracket to mount in a real pinball.
As far as games that are "colorized": There are really only a few newer stern games done well. This project is an open source community based project and to be honest it's pretty young. It's up to users like you and me to spend time colorizing games and posting the files up for all to use. There is an editor program that has come a long way to accomplish the color data and you can also use pinball browser for newer stern games. It's much easier to color newer stern games because they already have more shades to work with before you have to start actually drawing in your own colors for each frame.
Needless to say if your even remotely interested in this go to the vpuniverse forums and there is a specific pin2dmd forum with all of this information and more. Also check out Pin2dmd.com for the basics.
Pin2dmd is a diy open source project and is very fun IMO. I built 2 of them so far and they cost me about $140 each(actually a little less). I needed a dmd anyway and figured I could get a used regular dmd for about the same as this. Hopefully someday people like you and me will upload decent color renderings of many titles for all to share
What's pretty promising about Pin2dmd is that it is geared toward virtual pinball and all the development applies to virtual or real pinball machines. This gives me hope that many VP users will work to color games in the future.
Hope this helps,
-Tom

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Hope this helps,
-Tom

Man, where was this post when I was on the fence? Very well said, I couldn't have summed it up better.

I ended up going with a kit from pinballsp and I'm pretty pleased with it. Wasn't tough to install, is bright as balls on full blast... I'm still getting the hang of the colorization software but I intend to eventually fully do TSPP in 16 color. Ideally I'd break a leg or get laid off for a month to have the time but until then, I work on the stuff that I have in front of me and I'm excited by the work everyone else is doing.

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The pin layout on the board near the connector is not the same. I'm sorry I guess I was under the impression there would be no difference in designs.

This! After disassembling the board I finally noticed this tiny jumper that says signal enhancer bypassed when closed. Removed this and got signs of life! But what text that showed on the DMD during attract mode was frozen and the display became unresponsive, even after turning the game off. Now I can't even get it to display the game dots again but the behavior of the LEDs was different in both cases:
» YouTube video
However, I did find the chip you mentioned and will try your suggestion next.

Hello together!
1st: at all: why is nobody talking to me from Lucky1 or Rappelbox? both have my Phone Number or E-Mail Adress?

2nd: the design problem was with the missed 3Volts for the buttons

3rd: the 2nd picture form Rappelbox post in Post #652 is my JUMPER bridge! And when that jumper (or wire bridge) is closed, means that the signal enhancer (74LS123N) is bypassed (look into the 2nd attached picture).

4th: my fault and it is also on the new orderd shields, I missed the HIGH Signal (5V DC) on Pin3 (CLR) from the 74LS123N chip.

Over all:
Sorry guys, it was my fault.

The solutions is easy, solder a wire bridge from Pin16 to Pin3 or put a small wire in both sides stranded and put the 74LS123N back in place.

1st picture the solutions
2nd picture the schematic with the missing 5V line.
Now I hope that everybody understand what the problem is and how the circuit is connected.

#685 7 years ago

When someone like to get the schematic for his V3.1 Shield, feel free to contact me on my www.facebook.com/UncleSash side.

Please talk directly to me.

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

How does one
... Altan

Thanks for the summarization from Tom.

To answer the second question.

AFAIK currently fully colorized from community members are

- Stern ACDC from PinballMikeD
- Stern Metallica from PinballMikeD and J_M
- Stern Family Guy from MonsterBash
- Stern Spiderman Vault Edition from Sharkky
- Stern StarTrek from Sharkky
- Stern Avengers from Sharkky
- Stern WorldPokerTour from Sharkky
- Stern Mustang from Sharkky
- Stern Pirates of the Caribbean from Sironzelot
- Stern Shrek from Toon
- Stern BigBuckHunter from Sharkky

To get the colorization files please contact the authors or ask at the vpuniverse.com forum.
You need a registered version of pinball browser from oga to create these color patches.

This project is non commercial from Steve45s and my side which means that we personally don´t have any profit
from the pin2dmd software development we do (far more than 1000 hours so far).
However we kindly ask for a 10 Euro donation (or more if you want) for activation which we fully forward to charity projects like children with cancer or orphans home. You can also read about these projects over at vpuniverse.com.
To make it easier for end users, community members put together hardware kits which are sold commercial or as group buys from various sources mentioned above.

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

You need a registered version of pinball browser from oga to create these color patches.
This project is non commercial from Steve45s and my side which means that we personally don´t have any profit
from the pin2dmd software development we do (far more than 1000 hours so far).
However we kindly ask for a 10 Euro donation (or more if you want) for activation which we fully forward to charity projects like children with cancer or orphans home. You can also read about these projects over at vpuniverse.com.
To make it easier for end users, community members put together hardware kits which are sold commercial or as group buys from various sources mentioned above.

Well, I still don't like it that is went from Open Source to Donation Source, but I have to say that all the donations are really going to some nice projects.
And well I really know that, because I had a big discussion with Lucky1 about it.

And now he is still to shy to show off a bit where the money goes to.
A big donation went to a children project in Kenia.
here a link to the German Forum where he offically gave a big donation to the organisation.
http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=179171

@Lucky1: I mean it real, that I like it that the transparency is now there where it should be months ago. Thank you!

1 week later
#688 7 years ago

So! i am working on colorization TSPP on my pinball machine, maybe i find few bugs or i do something wrong. When i do mask on Pin2dmd it's looks like this
123 (resized).jpg123 (resized).jpg
When i test it in pin2dmd editor - everything is fine. and i see on pin2dmd which connected to computer
IMG_7240 (resized).JPGIMG_7240 (resized).JPG
But when i put card on other pin2dmd display on my real pinball machine - i see on pin2dmd this
IMG_7239 (resized).JPGIMG_7239 (resized).JPG

i have no idea why it works via pin2dmd editor when i check it via live priview and dont work on real pinball machine...

also i have troubles when i make looping frames or masks for looping frames which contents few frames in scene. when scene one time played and must start one again i must see it with same color pallete but it's blinking with default pallete. you can see example in this video - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8wsP/Tfedngzjj

Anybody have advices about it?

#689 7 years ago

Please send me your project files for verification.

#690 7 years ago

Forgive the stupid question, if I wanted to get the software and play around to try to color my game, Rocky and Bullwinkle, what would I need. I'm not talking the color dmd and the parts to actually put it in the game, just what I would need to start working on it on my computer.

#691 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Forgive the stupid question, if I wanted to get the software and play around to try to color my game, Rocky and Bullwinkle, what would I need. I'm not talking the color dmd and the parts to actually put it in the game, just what I would need to start working on it on my computer.

You can download the latest version here

https://dl.bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

This is where connect in Data East pinball, to get 100VAC for DMD power supply, very easy and fast with the two quick splizzer I provide with DMDST32.

Actually according to the below schematic, these are the 100vAC and 90vAC leads. 100vAC is on black-red and white, at least on US games.

IMG_0992 (resized).PNGIMG_0992 (resized).PNG

I put my Data East kit together, but I had to move the display controller. I decided to attach this to the backbox door which works out pretty nice.

IMG_0978 (resized).JPGIMG_0978 (resized).JPG

IMG_0980 (resized).JPGIMG_0980 (resized).JPG

IMG_0981 (resized).JPGIMG_0981 (resized).JPG

IMG_0983 (resized).JPGIMG_0983 (resized).JPG

IMG_0987 (resized).JPGIMG_0987 (resized).JPG

IMG_0988 (resized).JPGIMG_0988 (resized).JPG

IMG_0990 (resized).JPGIMG_0990 (resized).JPG

IMG_0991 (resized).JPGIMG_0991 (resized).JPG

IMG_0993 (resized).JPGIMG_0993 (resized).JPG

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

» YouTube video Colorizing TSPP

Damn that looks great!

#695 7 years ago

Awesome work !!

I have created a new thread about colorization projects

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-led-color-dmd-user-colorization-projects#post-3614042

3 weeks later
#696 7 years ago

I'm looking for the post in one of the old threads where someone was trying different types of gel filters to improve contrast. He tried 3 different shades of filter side by side and there was an extended discussion on that, I think he was using it on Twilight Zone in white. Can anyone find this thread/post? If not does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a small sheet of gel filter and cut it to size for 128x32/192x64 windows?

#697 7 years ago

Colorization for pin2dmd finished!

Hi,

I´m proud to present The Simpsons Pinball Party PIN2DMD colorization project which I started 2 months ago for my own pinball machine.
I never did anything like this before and I had to learn a lot how to get it done in the quality i wanted to have. One of the biggest
parts was to make all the recordings, using the pin2dmd tool, containing all the scenes of a gameplay. After all the time I have spent on this, I must admit that I would rather have paid somebody else 15-20$ to get a ready to use colorization, instead of doing it by myself.
That is why I ask you to support my job and if you want to have a copy of my work please make a donation by using this link

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JLRAHFTD23UKU

I will send you 2 files you simply need to copy on the SD card and put it into your pin2dmd. I will also send you updates automatically
if available. Out of respect for my work and as a motivation for future projects, I kindly ask you not to forward these files to other users.
Please also report me if you get my work offered from other sources. Thank you !!

PIN2DMD firmware version 2.38 or later and Display ROM v5.0 in english is recommended, since all my work is based on this version
If you find any uncolorized scenes, or bugs, let me know, how you got it, or send me recordings / videos.

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

» YouTube video
Colorization for pin2dmd finished! All additional information will be announced tomorrow.

Good job.

1 month later
#699 6 years ago

New version V2.39 is on github https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD

general

- added support for pin2dmd editor V2.0 in firmware and dmddevice.dll
Editor from Steve can be found here https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor2#files

- automatically playback boot.fsq from SD on startup
(sample in pin2dmd.exe folder)

virtual pinball improvements

- added support for v-pin export (not usable on real pins)

real pinball machine improvements

- improved Gottlieb support
V1 for machines from '92
V2 for machine from '93-'95 (Shaq Attaq)
V3 for later machines
- set default mode of enhancer to ON
- enter menu mode if any user button is pressed during boot

4 weeks later
#700 6 years ago

Hello,

I have a problem with my display.
It worked fine during two or three months but now when it is started:
I have a first screen with "pin2dmd colorprism v2.33"
A second one with "pin2dmd Bally/Williams"

This second screen is displayed until I turn on my pinball machine.
And when I turn on my pinball machine, the second screen dissapears and nothing else is displayed.

I recreated the SD card & I upgraded firmware to V2.39 but same result.
If I change the color in the config file, it is changed in the two first screens. Thus, the SD card seems OK.

I tested my display in two different pinball machines that work both with a standard DMD.

Any clues to solve my problem ?

Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,459 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom/page/14?hl=unclesash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.