Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
480x360.jpg
av.jpg
image.jpg
DropItLikeItsHot.gif
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg
k2-_356282eb-3aa2-4b16-88a1-11b58bda4525.v1.jpg
shock.jpg
pinball-lock-bolt.jpg
image-resize.php.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Good luck. That really sucks. Is the movie theatre providing security camera tape of the theft? If not, I think it's fairly clear that it would be an inside job.

#7 4 years ago

Theft happens often on route. He should almost expect one every year or two. Given the contract I have if it occurs it is the locations responsibility just like if there was any negligent damage to the machine. Sounds like the cinema will be covering the theft for him and if that's the case he will likely walk away with more than the machine is worth. If it were me, I would have a replacement machine already in its place. Sadly thefts are a part of operating machines, it's why we have insurance and why locations are liable for proper security of equipment. This whole thing sucks for him but he needs to consider it a cost of doing business and move forward. If every operator shut down after something like this they would all be out of business.

I have operators who also have ATMs out there. Those thefts and break ins really hurt.

#13 4 years ago

I know it doesn't solve the Problem with current titles but as stern develops the new hardware it would be nice to see a LoJack type system where at some point the machines could be remotely disabled and require a password to unlock or Internet connection to update the game which would then give up the location of the machine. I know some people fear technology like this because someone could be spying on them but I think it would help eliminate some of the issues like this. The only thing it wouldn't eliminate is stealing a game and stripping it of parts but generally that isn't worth the time to do anyway.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I have actually seen Pins Chained to walls
the rear legs had chains welded to them then locked to eye holes in the walls
this was at a rest stop years ago
Think it was a Johnny Mnemonic

I take it they did something to make the legs irremovable from the cab too?

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

As already mentioned, just putting a nut on the inside of leg bolt would make the bolt not removable without opening up the cabinet.
Especially if you used a nyloc nut, the threaded bracket in the cabinet would probably just get stripped out if someone went crazy with a wrench but the nyloc would just turn with the bolt and not come off.

Every time I get a new pin in that has this done, I am pissed. Its such a pain to deal with. Obviously not as bad as a stolen machine, but still sucks to deal with.

3 weeks later
#169 4 years ago

I have coverage for my business even though contracts with my locations require me to be listed on their insurance before a game gets delivered. The chance of loss is one thing, but someone getting hurt on a machine, thats where its a no brainer to have coverage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Novato, CA
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside