av.jpg
image.jpg
DropItLikeItsHot.gif
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg
k2-_356282eb-3aa2-4b16-88a1-11b58bda4525.v1.jpg
shock.jpg
pinball-lock-bolt.jpg
image-resize.php.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dagamedoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 8 years ago

I'll search South Canada for it. (A.K.A. Florida)

It sucks when people steal anything, but to steal a pinball...Fortunately, everybody into this hobby is like one of the watchers from Highlander. You can't pass a pinball without taking notice. I'm sure any Hulks in the wild that show up will be checked for #93.

We had a collector have a lot of his collection stolen down here while he was away. The good news, is the thieves left the area, but not the state. 200+ miles away one of his machines was located, which lead to the recovery by the police of much of what was stolen. So there is hope.

Hope it's found,
-Dan

#95 8 years ago

Yup, Calvin was wrong...now on to new business. There are 250 confirmed Avengers Hulk units out there. That is actually the good news. Nobody can really sell it or move it without somebody taking notice.

Thieves do steal for their private amusement, but most often the motivation is money. Also, there is the pressing need to get rid of evidence to grand theft. I doubt I have to say keep an eye on eBay and craigslist for the next few months, but I said it anyway.

Anybody finds it...call the cops immediately. (Then tell us about it.)

-Dan

#151 8 years ago
Quoted from gaberm1972:

="I was drunk and changed my password, can you remove it?"
We can reference the list to see if it was one called in. Haven't had one yet and not really sure of the legal course that could be pressed.

When I worked one Summer in an Apple Warranty Center, we would check the list, and if it was stolen, we'd let the Pawn Shop Deputy know. She would come impound the laptop, and collect the customer info. Never saw an arrest on site, but the manager would occasionally have to go give a deposition.

On a side note for those worried about their collection, I suggest Renters Insurance. (or H.I.) When I set up my policy, I asked and they underwrote my collection specifically. (My broker's brother is a massive N.E.S. collector, and he knew how to write accordingly, by number of games, not title) If the games are destroyed or stolen ANYWHERE (Like a show or something) they are covered. You can't use them commercially in that capacity, but you can transport them, keep them in storage, keep them at a friends house, etc. It is very flexible. It is a pity that Hulk #93 was not part of a collection.

If you do that, it is vital to document your collection...video or photo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dagamedoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-hulk-93-keep-an-eye-out?tu=dagamedoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.