Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
480x360.jpg
av.jpg
image.jpg
DropItLikeItsHot.gif
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg
k2-_356282eb-3aa2-4b16-88a1-11b58bda4525.v1.jpg
shock.jpg
pinball-lock-bolt.jpg
image-resize.php.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

GPS has to have a view of the sky to work. This isn't a good solution. It'll just lock onto the last time it was powered up with a view of the sky.

Not necessarily the case. My iPhone tracks via GPS just fine in my house. The signals are actually pretty difficult to block.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from ethous:

Hi all I am the unfortunate soul this happened too.
People always tell me if something bad gonna happen it will be me.
Anyways to get to the point camera footage is corrupted by a camera system from the 90 no joke.
The owner is very cheap does not want to call insurance anyways allot of red tape for me,Unfortunately it was awesome earner on root almost 800 every 2 weeks.
Plus I know people hate this machine I love it, also it was my hope when machine was done on route would go to my house I am a huge hulk nut trust me have the tattoo to prove it.
Anyways the city of gatineau cops are useless as tits on a bull sorry to say.
At first i told them it was stolen oh its small potatoes cut your loss.
Then when I showed them value oh it worth allot more then i figured but use insurance if we recover the machine will let you know don't hold breath where busy with more important things.
Also there are gps system one actually called boomerang great ideas problem 30 bucks a year per machine seeing i have over 150 machines i would go broke fast.
Now dealing with owner not fun I just hope somebody just leaves it on the road for somebody to find it or call me or send me a message its over here anonymously.
I normally want people to pay for there sins but if they give it back to me i would drop any charges ect i just want my machine back.
I know Might sound stupid one of my clients is a member of hells agels and I gave hells angels a 300$ bounty on whoever found it, at this point i don't care how i get it back.
But thanks for everyone help I appreciate it.
thanks you.

When you say the security footage was "corrupted" what do you mean? Is the recorder VHS based or computer based with a hard disk? The reason I am asking is it it likely possible to retrieve the corrupted/deleted data if it's a computer-based system that uses a hard drive.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

yes it is, you drop it. take any gps you have outside look at your signal strengths, take the same unit indoors your signal will drop. take it into the basement away form any windows its gonna drop more. actually if your unit will map the signals, move around and watch signals drop as the sats get hidden by obstructions even outdoors.

Dropping signal strength ≠ no signal. I'll say it again, my iPhone tracks via GPS with no problems indoors. Actually it's so accurate that it shows which part of the house I am in. Now let's get back on topic, please.

#94 4 years ago

Found him!

image.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Novato, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside