Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
480x360.jpg
av.jpg
image.jpg
DropItLikeItsHot.gif
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg
k2-_356282eb-3aa2-4b16-88a1-11b58bda4525.v1.jpg
shock.jpg
pinball-lock-bolt.jpg
image-resize.php.jpg

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from gaberm1972:

="I was drunk and changed my password, can you remove it?"
We can reference the list to see if it was one called in. Haven't had one yet and not really sure of the legal course that could be pressed.

When I worked one Summer in an Apple Warranty Center, we would check the list, and if it was stolen, we'd let the Pawn Shop Deputy know. She would come impound the laptop, and collect the customer info. Never saw an arrest on site, but the manager would occasionally have to go give a deposition.

On a side note for those worried about their collection, I suggest Renters Insurance. (or H.I.) When I set up my policy, I asked and they underwrote my collection specifically. (My broker's brother is a massive N.E.S. collector, and he knew how to write accordingly, by number of games, not title) If the games are destroyed or stolen ANYWHERE (Like a show or something) they are covered. You can't use them commercially in that capacity, but you can transport them, keep them in storage, keep them at a friends house, etc. It is very flexible. It is a pity that Hulk #93 was not part of a collection.

If you do that, it is vital to document your collection...video or photo.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When it is on route, you can't get personally attached to a game.
They get stolen all the time.
They get broken into all the time.
They get vandalized all the time.
-
If it were a cigaret machine that got stolen, would anyone here be weeping about it?

All this is fine and dandy but it doesn't justify laughing at someone's loss.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

image.jpg

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I don't believe he was laughing at the guys loss. He was being abruptly honest.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Definitely an inside job until the game passed through the doors. Then I'm sure it was outside.

That right there is funny...

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When it is on route, you can't get personally attached to a game.
They get stolen all the time.
They get broken into all the time.
They get vandalized all the time.
-
If it were a cigaret machine that got stolen, would anyone here be weeping about it?

Well, if it were one of the old Seeburg monsters that delivered the cigarette pack up to the top shelf; those were pretty cool. I'd like to have one (for about ten minutes) to ppek inside one more time. The chain drive lift mechs were a bitch to repair. Give me a National mechanical monster with the ACMR or even a dreaded API Smokeshop with the "rocket ship" coin counter unit that needed the inside contact tube cleaned. Never shove your pinkie finger to wipe the dirt off in there with power applied as there was 115VAC present and it sure as hell could go across your chest causing cardiac arrest. Yeah, I learned that the hard way.

#157 4 years ago

Believe me, I'm no bleeding heart.

However, nothing pisses me off more than a thief. I don't find stealing someone else's stuff funny or something that should be made light of.
To each their own I suppose.

#158 4 years ago

Good luck finding your stuff.

1 week later
#159 4 years ago

Any update?

#161 4 years ago

Damn....sorry OP....hope you at least made your money back on it....and then some....to the other operators out there...if you have young or not bright employees....have a meeting about this...tell them NO ONE touches the pin except to play it...!!!..........Joey

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Well, if it were one of the old Seeburg monsters that delivered the cigarette pack up to the top shelf; those were pretty cool.

Seeburg Tobacco Counter.

Really neat how the machine slide the pack across the counter to the customer.

Very heavy beast. We used piano dollys on each end.

LTG : )™

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Damn....sorry OP....hope you at least made your money back on it....and then some....to the other operators out there...if you have young or not bright employees....have a meeting about this...tell them NO ONE touches the pin except to play it...!!!..........Joey

I wish I did had it almost 6 months

Gatineau Cops suck the big one theft over 5k and they still have not gone out to investigate.

I am in new negotiations with the cinema owner and either we work a compensation or get insurance but he is to afraid or cheap to do claim for his premiums.
If he does not sign the new contract I pull out and none of my competitor want to go to that place , Option b he can purchases machines and get the Licences it a lovely law in Quebec.
Not a fun situation for anybody never in a million years would I ever of thought of that happening.

Also the coil that died was the infamous 25-1240

Also has a a broken teserac oh wait they all did because the original one was crap.

#164 4 years ago

Lesson to everyone operating pins in the wild is insure them. If you don't carry insurance on your pins because of the cost be prepared to eat the cost of stolen or vandalized machines and you have no one to blame but yourself for being too cheap to insure them. It sucks it was stolen but you should have had insurance like most other business owners, it's part of the game.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Lesson to everyone operating pins in the wild is insure them. If you don't carry insurance on your pins because of the cost be prepared to eat the cost of stolen or vandalized machines and you have no one to blame but yourself for being too cheap to insure them. It sucks it was stolen but you should have had insurance like most other business owners, it's part of the game.

Exactly.

Even if the bar owner tells you his insurance covers you, it does not.

Not for loss, and not for liability.

You will quickly find that out the first time someone hits their head on your machine.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
You will quickly find that out the first time someone hits their head on your machine.

Or spills a sticky pop into it

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.

It's funny. I've brought this up many times in many threads, but people don't like to hear this, and call you the devil for even suggesting the real world operates like this.

#168 4 years ago

This is pinside.....FAR from the real world...!!!...lol...........Joey

#169 4 years ago

I have coverage for my business even though contracts with my locations require me to be listed on their insurance before a game gets delivered. The chance of loss is one thing, but someone getting hurt on a machine, thats where its a no brainer to have coverage.

8 months later
#170 3 years ago

Any update on this?

#171 3 years ago

Just saw this thread... had to run in the other room and double check my LE number... thank goodness... I have #83, not #93...

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not necessarily the case. My iPhone tracks via GPS just fine in my house. The signals are actually pretty difficult to block.

we used gps type devices all the time at the police department and they didn't need a "sky view'

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

we used gps type devices all the time at the police department and they didn't need a "sky view'

you used to be a cop?

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

you used to be a cop?

No no no. He would bring the cops their coffee (and very unhappily too).

#175 3 years ago

I bumped into the owner a few days ago and asked him about it. Not a peep or sound anywhere. The pinball machine as apparently completely vanished off the face of the earth.....for now..

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Seeburg "Tobacco Counter".
Really neat how the machine slide the pack across the counter to the customer.
Very heavy beast. We used piano dollys on each end.
LTG : )™

We used to have a dozen of those monsters on the route. They were a bitch to clear out a jammed pack. You had to take off that huge & heavy back door and NOT drop it on your toes. Also had to keep your hands & clothes out of that long chain or you could be seriously injured/killed! The drawers were very problematic and needed frequent adjustments of the "drawer lockout fingers".

We used piano dollys to move them too. I hated those machines. I took great pleasure in shoving them off the back of the truck when we took them to the scrapyard.

We had over 100 Automatic Products "Smokeshop" cigarette machines on the route back in the day. Those were the most reliable cigarette machines ever made. I loved working on them. Even the old models which had the "accumulator" pricing unit, when the vend price needed to go above a dollar a pack, we converted them to electronic pricing with kits from CoinCo.

1 week later
#177 3 years ago

Did a pinball machine really just disappear? probably stored away for life or REALLY wanted to play it. sorry to hear

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Did a pinball machine really just disappear? probably stored away for life or REALLY wanted to play it. sorry to hear

It happens all the time.

Especially in laundromats and other minimally manned locations.

#179 3 years ago

Yeah this one got taken out of a freaking Movie Theatre. People that did this had balls of steel. They had to take two elevators and they walked out the front door. Surveillance at the time was not working....coincidence? Either way I'm sure this game will pop out eventually.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

People that did this had balls of steel.

Well, if they didn't then, they certainly do now.

Usually an employee who is wink to the game, magically turns a blind eye to the game being pulled out. They know when they are working with the smallest staff (like the opener who comes in to fire up all the concessions). They know how to unplug the DVR.

-

We used to put nuts on the insides of the leg bolts on games we placed in high risk locations. Pretty funny trying to steal a game with the legs on and the head up.....

#181 3 years ago

For people that don't have stern pins in their collection, where would one look for the number?

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

For people that don't have stern pins in their collection, where would one look for the number?

Plate Under the Back Glass

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Granite Bay, CA
Machine - For Sale
Novato, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside