Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
480x360.jpg
av.jpg
image.jpg
DropItLikeItsHot.gif
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg
k2-_356282eb-3aa2-4b16-88a1-11b58bda4525.v1.jpg
shock.jpg
pinball-lock-bolt.jpg
image-resize.php.jpg

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago

Man this sucks. its a bad feeling, I'sll always remember when my house was robbed but they left my Pin, New TV not so much

#102 4 years ago

I'd waive the contract in front of theatre owner and tell him we could do this the hard way or the easy way. He's liable so if you go to court you can claim all the court fees plus the pinball price.

#103 4 years ago

Even with a contract, 99% of business owners will not pay for a damaged or stolen machine.

If the location earns $1600 a month, then it's too good to loose - drop another game in there and you'll break even in 4 months @ 60/40 split.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

@ 60/40 split.

I think its 90/10 now

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'd waive the contract in front of theatre owner and tell him we could do this the hard way or the easy way. He's liable so if you go to court you can claim all the court fees plus the pinball price.

Quoted from vid1900:

Even with a contract, 99% of business owners will not pay for a damaged or stolen machine.

And even if he wins in court, the theater probably still wouldn't pay. Sad really.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Omfg.....a guy posted a few weeks ago jokingly that him and a buddy were going to do this...just put on overalls and tell them your the repair man....genius really....but are there not cameras everywhere now....I swear homeless in NYC have cameras in there cardboard boxes...........Joey

Unlike the homeless in Buffalo...who can't afford them!

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

And even if he wins in court, the theater probably still wouldn't pay. Sad really.

Easy enough to garnish wages and freeze bank accounts. Plus interest.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Unlike the homeless in Buffalo...who can't afford them!

Lol....nice...!!!.................Joey

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Easy enough to garnish wages and freeze bank accounts. Plus interest.

I highly doubt the judge is going to freeze bank accounts of a theater chain over a stolen vending machine.

If you run a route, your games are going to get damaged and stolen.

You carry your own insurance.

A high dollar location like that theater is way too good to lose over a stolen game.

Are you going to lose a $12,000 a year cut, over a game that the judge will depreciate to $2,800?

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Lol....nice...!!!.................Joey

All kidding aside, IP enabled video is pretty cheap, and I wonder if that's a good idea for pins on route? Assuming you can hide it or keep it out of reach of theives!

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I highly doubt the judge is going to freeze bank accounts of a theater chain over a stolen vending machine.
If you run a route, your games are going to get damaged and stolen.
You carry your own insurance.
A high dollar location like that theater is way too good to lose over a stolen game.
Are you going to lose a $12,000 a year cut, over a game that the judge will depreciate to $2,800?

The Judge doesn't enforce the judgment, the lawyer does.
Get a judgement, then garnish wages, etc.

#112 4 years ago

Sounds like an inside job. No leads, no cameras and owner doesnt seem to want to work with you ?

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But this is a good point.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

But this is a good point.

I know if that was my equipment I would be fudging collections to the tune of 60/40 for awhile. FK

#115 4 years ago

Put out a WTB ad on Craigslist (or whatever is local) maybe they are stupid enough to answer it..

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Put out a WTB ad on Craigslist (or whatever is local) maybe they are stupid enough to answer it..

But also, be wary of trolls if you do this. Someone answering the WTB ad could also have seen this thread and might just want to yank your chain a bit. I think something like that happened when BBB #153 was stolen.

#117 4 years ago

I would list as..... looking to buy an marvel super hero's pin. Dont make it obvious and see what comes back

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

just because you think your captain kirk, you really aren't.

this made reading the argument between these two worth it...

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

this made reading the argument between these two worth it...

gotta keep it light

#120 4 years ago

Hope the low life jerks get caught, and that the machine is returned to owner in good condition.
Please update us with any new info on this crime.

#121 4 years ago

UPDATE
So I spoke to the rightful owner this weekend and he told me that the Hulk #93 machine needed to be serviced. The coil for hulk failed and needed to be replaced. It's an odd coil number. I don't own an Avengers but maybe people with one could chime in here and give specifics. I'm sure there are not a hot ticket item and not sold by the 1000s.

Still nothing and theatre owner seems unwilling to do squat.

#122 4 years ago

It's 090-5001-ND and can easily be bought from pinball life so that probably wont help anyone track it down. There are 2 coils there though. One for the left and one for the right motions.

av.jpg

The coil.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1185

#123 4 years ago

I don't understand how it needing to be serviced is related to anything. If it's gone, are you saying the owner is hoping that whoever stole it (or buys it) will try to get it fixed and catch them then?

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't understand how it needing to be serviced is related to anything. If it's gone, are you saying the owner is hoping that whoever stole it (or buys it) will try to get it fixed and catch them then?

Well it never hurts to put the information out there. From what I have been told, the coil in question is not your typical coil.

#125 4 years ago

Reading this again I'm thinking you may be talking about coil 500-7051-04 which is the one that moves his arms up and down. That one is not nearly as common. If it's not working 99% of the time it's just a wire came off it's connector or broke as stern made that connection to tight.

#126 4 years ago

Ethous (the victim) said that the coil was bad.... the guy owns a lot of machines, so I would think he knows what he is talking about. And apparently only one person saw this so called tech guy saying he was taking the machine. On the police front ..apparently the theft of a pinball machine is not worth their time.

#127 4 years ago

Ethous (the victim) said that the coil was bad.... the guy owns a lot of machines, so I would think he knows what he is talking about. And apparently only one person saw this so called tech guy saying he was taking the machine. On the police front ..apparently the theft of a pinball machine is not worth their time.

I'm surprised the police aren't taking grand larceny more seriously. Has the owner phrased it as such to the police?

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm surprised the police aren't taking grand larceny more seriously. Has the owner phrased it as such to the police?

Really? The police don't give a rats ass about finding stolen items or the criminals who stole them.

#129 4 years ago

Not surprised. If the Houston Police wouldn't help with a stolen BBB I'm not surprised your police don't care about a Hulk. Really a shame that our law enforcement doesn't have the time to track down this stuff. One of the reasons why crime is on the rise (IMHO) is because people are starting to learn you are not likely to be prosecuted if you deal with small crime and don't do bodily injury to someone.

And I don't mean this as sarcasm or talking down to the police as I'm actually actively trying to get hired on in my local PD department. I want to be part of the solution and I'd like to take an active role in that.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You are not likely to be prosecuted if you limit your activity to small crimes and don't do bodily injury.

I'm not even a small town pizza lawyer, but I think you'e right.

#131 4 years ago

Oh I see some crazy pin tech noticed the machine not working correctly took it home to fix it and is likely just play testing it out. I 'll bring it back soon just making sure the fix is good and working off my nominal service fees.

I have seen a couple favorable outcomes when it involved stolen machines. So cross your fingers.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a vending machine to the police. They don't have time to chase around stolen commercial equipment.

If you want a real laugh, ask any Soda machine vendor about stolen Soda machines.

People steal them all the time; but the funny part is that stolen Soda machines are ALWAYS tossed in the river.

No one ever leaves one on the side of the road, or behind the high school.

The cops find your number on the machine, then call you to tell you that you have 5 days to get it out of the river, or pay a fine.

#133 4 years ago

Here you go! Best of Luck

RPL

QuarterGrabber
Pinball guru
1y4,725,850
Ottawa, ON
5 Days Ago Post #5 ¶QuoteReportIgnore
Meegis said:
Got pics you can post here?
What number LE's are they? Some people like specific numbers.
It's Hulk # 93

#135 4 years ago

Holy Shit!!! Is this the stolen Pin!!!!??? Anyone missing an IM or TWDLE?

#136 4 years ago

Good luck getting the crooks
Man that sucks!

#137 4 years ago

That seller ArnieC is legit and the reference to Hulk#93 is a joke. That other thread has nothing to do with the stolen pin

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

That seller ArnieC is legit and the reference to Hulk#93 is a joke. That other thread has nothing to do with the stolen pin

Yes, thanks for the clarification. That was just a joke, the seller didn't steal anything. I have edited post.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes, thanks for the clarification. That was just a joke, the seller didn't steal anything. I have edited post.

THIEF!

#140 4 years ago

Stolen Pins are no joking matter

#141 4 years ago

On the police front ..apparently the theft of a pinball machine is not worth their time.

Canadian cops are useless, well at least in Quebec they are...the only thing worth their "time" is planning sting operations on how to go after hard working citizens cash by issuing tickets day after day after day. Its sickening!

Same answer over and over no matter the injustice... "not worth our time!" Only chance to get the pin back is through exactly what your doing...getting the word out there.

#142 4 years ago

It's horrible to hear stories about people having anything get stolen, especially an expensive game. I hope somehow you are able to recover your game and the thieves get caught and punished.

#143 4 years ago

Money talks. Post a $1000 cash reward for return of game - no questions asked. There are criminals that probably know where the game is, and the $1000 would probably be worth more to them than having the stolen game...

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Money talks. Post a $1000 cash reward for return of game - no questions asked. There are criminals that probably know where the game is, and the $1000 would probably be worth more to them than having the stolen game...

It would suck if the thief brought it back and got paid $1000 for stealing it. But I guess it would be better to have the game back.

#145 4 years ago

Inside job?

#146 4 years ago

Definitely an inside job until the game passed through the doors. Then I'm sure it was outside.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's a vending machine to the police. They don't have time to chase around stolen commercial equipment.

480x360.jpg

#148 4 years ago

It's amazing that people on here can make light of someone's stuff being stolen.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It's amazing that people on here can make light of someone's stuff being stolen.

When it is on route, you can't get personally attached to a game.

They get stolen all the time.

They get broken into all the time.

They get vandalized all the time.

-

If it were a cigaret machine that got stolen, would anyone here be weeping about it?

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

We have people all the time that have laptops and desktops stolen that report to us, I work in a computer store. System had a broken hinge on the laptop, please be on the look out.

Also get people that call in and say X Model system, user name was XXX and the password was XXX.

Have people all the time call in with "I was drunk and changed my password, can you remove it?"

We can reference the list to see if it was one called in. Haven't had one yet and not really sure of the legal course that could be pressed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 16.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MI
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside