image-548.jpg
00w0w_4GcpXHjJrWV_600x450.jpg
00707_7Inv3eS6KSG_600x450.jpg
00o0o_eBiUoo15h3i_600x450.jpg
Screenshot (1).png
image-792.jpg
12-31-2014 2-58-34 PM.png
282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg
There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 9 years ago

Had a friend with some pins stolen out of storage. Found them in a pawn shop locally!!!!
Sorry to hear Rob, I'll keep my eyes out around here.

If you see something up my way via internet or something lmk ill go scope out the game, of course practicing my rights on the way (Just Incase, Trust No one!!!)
I'm with bad Billy on the BOOBIE traps!!!
Put up plenty of warming signs that property has now been armed with un know bodily harming devices!!!!!

MY parents live in the country. My father has a sign at the drive way entrance that states!

DUE TO THE INCREASE PRICE OF AMUNITION WARNING SHOTS WILL NOT BE FIRED!

JT

#102 9 years ago

#103 9 years ago

That is awful news Rob but it is just a matter of time before the games will surface, be patient.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Had a friend with some pins stolen out of storage. Found them in a pawn shop locally!!!!
Sorry to hear Rob, I'll keep my eyes out around here.
If you see something up my way via internet or something lmk ill go scope out the game, of course practicing my rights on the way (Just Incase, Trust No one!!!)
I'm with bad Billy on the BOOBIE traps!!!
Put up plenty of warming signs that property has now been armed with un know bodily harming devices!!!!!
MY parents live in the country. My father has a sign at the drive way entrance that states!
DUE TO THE INCREASE PRICE OF AMUNITION WARNING SHOTS WILL NOT BE FIRED!
JT

Agree with this, but you also have to have someone, if not yourself, staying there armed & ready to defend your property.

#105 9 years ago

First of all, I'm glad the OP is ok. This sounds like a seriously dangerous situation. Armed home invaders?! It's interesting, when I first moved into Boston proper my parents were very concerned about crime and privacy, and there's certainly a decent amount of city crime, but I don't think I ever worried about someone coming into my home with weapons. So scary. Again, glad you're ok!

Second of all, I'm sorry the criminal justice system is failing you. This has got to be frustrating and heart-wrenching. In this age of ubiquitous cameras, you'd think making a case is so much easier... but I feel like a lot of law enforcement resources are being directed at drugs or small ticketable offenses, not property crimes. If you can't get restitution from the CJ system, might be worth it to share your story with local papers or TV networks?

Third, I really hope your games turn up unharmed. again, sorry this happened!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

The guy recently cut my locks off the storage units and put his own on. There was a period I couldn't get into them to see things.

Why would the law not be involved in this period of time? I'm not passing judgment on you but, many elements of this story sound fantastic.

Quoted from Borygard:

I have serial numbers of the games, I don't think it's a good idea to post them, but yes, there's definitely a way to identify these as mine.

Quoted from Borygard:

I have very bad photos of the guy from the cameras that weren't stolen, each time he's there he's fully armed.

I think you should post serial numbers, pictures, any and all identifying characteristics if not for recovery, for the safety of the public.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Had a friend with some pins stolen out of storage. Found them in a pawn shop

That's exactly what I was going to ask. Does the Sheriff's department notify pawn shops near you? I'm assuming they do.

#108 9 years ago

Yes, licensed pawn shops are required to provide the local law enforcement agency with copies of all purchase slips within 30 days

#109 9 years ago

Rob, can you file an insurance claim for this loss?

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I'm not passing judgment on you but, many elements of this story sound fantastic.

Do you realize what you sound like right now?

image-792.jpgimage-792.jpg
#111 9 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

" target="_blank">littlerock.craigslist.org link
A new listing today for a SWE1 out of AR.

That listing has been on many many times over the months.

#112 9 years ago

Why would the law not be involved in this period of time? I'm not passing judgment on you but, many elements of this story sound fantastic.

It's a really rural area. Lots of space between everybody/everything. Without dense police coverage. You can't exist in that kind of area without the others around you having the basic human decency to leave your stuff alone, unless you're there 24/7 ready to defend it.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Do you realize what you sound like right now?

image-792.jpg 24 KB

I'm not saying it's a lie, I'm saying it's a fantastic story, it is. I knew I was opening myself for criticism by chiming any opinion.
If some armed maniac is stalking and stealing as described than every detail of the stolen property should be disclosed for recovery and the well being of everyone. What would happen if someone were to buy a machine and then this maniac follows them home and becomes fixated. This is an atrocity perpetrated not only on the op but the entire community.

#114 9 years ago

Borygard said:
The guy recently cut my locks off the storage units and put his own on. There was a period I couldn't get into them to see things.

Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a really rural area. Lots of space between everybody/everything. Without dense police coverage. You can't exist in that kind of area without the others around you having the basic human decency to leave your stuff alone, unless you're there 24/7 ready to defend it.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

One of the SWE1s had a bad monitor and the monitor board removed. The Space Shuttles had backglasses removed.

Just highlighting this bit in case people missed in in the body of the other message. Important details. Especially if they're attempted to be sold as is.

#116 9 years ago

Elvisinmypants -- RE:

Quoted from Borygard:

I assumed this meant locked storage units on the 74 acres of property in the middle of nowhere. Not at some local "STORIGE IZ US" place. You'd think if you had property like this, where you were not there a large portion of the year, you'd want lockable storage that's a bit more protection than a house full of windows.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Over the past several months my house in mid-Missouri has been burglarized more than a dozen
times. The person(s) doing the burglaries figured out pretty quickly that I wasn't there a
lot, and began stealing everything I own.
The property is a very rural 74 acres that have been in my family for three generations. We'd
never had any kind of problem like this until earlier this year. Up until recently my pinball
machines have been untouched, too heavy, too big to get out of there easily, I'm sure. That's
changed over the past couple of weeks, and several games have now been stolen.
This brings me to my request of the pinball community. There's no way this guy is going to be
able to do anything with these games without one of us seeing something. The pinball community
is just way too small. Any info on any of these games turning up anywhere will be greatly
appreciated. Most of the games out there had been removed prior, in anticipation of this
happening, so luckily they didn't get most of my collection. The games stolen are as
follows...
-3 (yes three) Star Wars Episode One. One of which was Home Use Only, bought by me in '99,
with less than 100 plays. The game was immaculate and it kills me that it's gone.
-Revenge from Mars
-Complete Star Wars Episode One kit, in original box, including PRISM and ROM board.
-2 Space Shuttle
-Gottlieb Gladiators
-various pinball parts, including NOS AFM, SttNG assemblies, R&B backbox character plastics
-not pinball, but worth noting since they're large boxes and likely with the pins-NIB portable AC/Heater and NIB Craftsman shop/bar stool
These pins were taken from mid-Missouri, near Davisville, within the last couple of weeks. If
you see anything turn up anywhere in the country that doesn't seem right, please let me or the
Crawford County Sheriff's department know.
Thanks for any help.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Just a thought - a wanted ad, perhaps be a few of us, on craigslist or mrpinball, might find something? Perhaps this isn't allowed b/c its not a "real" wanted ad, but just wondered what you guys think of the idea?

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Just a thought - a wanted ad, perhaps be a few of us, on craigslist or mrpinball, might find something? Perhaps this isn't allowed b/c its not a "real" wanted ad, but just wondered what you guys think of the idea?

I like the Craigslist idea, that could work. The Mr Pinball probably won't, only us geeks know that exists.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Elvisinmypants -- RE:

I assumed this meant locked storage units on the 74 acres of property in the middle of nowhere. Not at some local "STORIGE IZ US" place. You'd think if you had property like this, where you were not there a large portion of the year, you'd want lockable storage that's a bit more protection than a house full of windows.

I did also but it was "the period of time" If I noticed someone elses lock on my shed I would call law enforcement and wait for them to arrive and take some sort of action. I don't understand allowing a period of time to elapse.

#120 9 years ago

My mind is blown; this guy breaks into a place, and puts his own locks on it? WTF? Was he afraid of some other thief beating him to clearing out the place?

Sorry again for your loss; honestly this story sounds like it is coming more out of a Mad Max movie than something that should be happening in the strongest, most powerful, (in theory) law respecting country in the history of the world.

Just awful.

#121 9 years ago

I did also but it was "the period of time" If I noticed someone elses lock on my shed I would call law enforcement and wait for them to arrive and take some sort of action. I don't understand allowing a period of time to elapse.

More assuming on my part - but Rob is not often there. So I took the "period of time" to be between whenever the guy changed the locks to whenever Rob discovered them, and got tools to the property to chop the lock off.

#122 9 years ago

I think you should post serial numbers, pictures, any and all identifying characteristics if not for recovery, for the safety of the public.

No posting the serial is dumb. Knowing the serial is smart. Don't publish the info that lets the criminals know that you can Id the stuff. Most people won't know the serials so most people wouldn't bother removing them. He could let a few people he know have the numbers privately so that if a game pops up they can verify it.

#123 9 years ago

The Sheriff has been involved since day one. Actually pay attention to what you're commenting on instead of passing judgment and maybe you wouldn't miss such details.

The Sheriff has any and all information. Deputy Cline, Crawford County Sheriff, (573) 775-3121. Please call and enlighten them with your superior comprehension, deductive, and reasoning skills.

epthegeek is right on in all of this. Very rural, Sheriff's office is 25+ miles away. Storage units on the 74 acres. Locks removed when the proper equipment could be brought out.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#124 9 years ago

Please please please Mr POS burglar, bring those games to Texas and try to move them at TPF or at the swap meet. Texas has a special welcoming committee for vermin like you!
Sorry to hear this Rob! We'll keep an eye out.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

The Sheriff has been involved since day one. Actually pay attention to what you're commenting on instead of passing judgment and maybe you wouldn't miss such details.

The Sheriff has any and all information. Deputy Cline, Crawford County Sheriff, (573) 775-3121. Please call and enlighten them with your superior comprehension, deductive, and reasoning skills.
epthegeek is right on in all of this. Very rural, Sheriff's office is 25+ miles away. Storage units on the 74 acres. Locks removed when the proper equipment could be brought out.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Honestly a lot of what you said in here seems like common sense to me, but it was not clear this had been done based on a quick scan of the first post.

I certainly am not trying to pass judgment, it is good to know you have done these steps since day one. It is depressing that things went from bad to worse though.

#126 9 years ago

If your property has a long driveway put in a row of hidden tyre shredders in the middle of it. Notify the sheriff or anyone else that will visit it where they are.

At least if the prick returns and has all four tyres slashed, they will be stuck for a while. Put a camera to film the area, get an ip camera that stores info off site so even if it is taken the footage is stored elsewhere.

Some ip cameras have a built in motion sensor so when it is triggered you can remotely view the scene and get law enforcement there.

#127 9 years ago

This is bad news indeed. Sorry rob.

Rob is a great guy and it's a shame this has happened to him.

For those that don't believe his story. Look at the list of games that was taken. Would anyone make up a story with that list of games? Should be very hard for them to unload those on the secondary market since they really stand out being such a hodgepodge group. I dont' know how the hell they got a EP1 out of there not knowing how pins work. Sucks they got the security shit too.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This is bad news indeed. Sorry rob.
Rob is a great guy and it's a shame this has happened to him.
For those that don't believe his story. Look at the list of games that was taken. Would anyone make up a story with that list of games? Should be very hard for them to unload those on the secondary market since they really stand out being such a hodgepodge group. I dont' know how the hell they got a EP1 out of there not knowing how pins work. Sucks they got the security shit too.

Anybody who knows a bit about Rob and reads this story should trust this story is true, even if it is terrible to the point of SEEMING unbelievable as nobody wants to believe this is something that should be happening to someone else.

He is a stalwart positive member of the pinball community for years, and has had zero drama for the sake of drama tendencies. Seems good enough for me to take his word when he asks for help.

#129 9 years ago

Post the crappy pic. of the armed thief at the local gun store?

#130 9 years ago

Awful nice huo star wars just listed on chicago and rockford il. Craigslist. 4 dAy old ad!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

The thought of stumbling across this guy and Taro going into protect mode and getting shot comes to mind, and would simply be the end of me.

I totally respect and appreciate the concern for Taro. I'm the same way with my pits. I love seeing Taro at the pinball shows. Some things are more important than material possessions.

#133 9 years ago

Couple of things *I* would do. Hopefully they checked for fingerprints on the locks the thief(s) placed, and fingerprinted the house, etc. I'd make inquires to local storage places describing the guy/pins/large property missing, same with local U-Haul, Penske, etc. A large amount of stuff moved has to be someplace, not like a handful of jewelry can be tucked under a bed. I'm sure there is a paper trail somewhere - maybe even the locks, if they were new, you could find out who local to the area sells that kind of lock. They used to have a show on TV, that showed just how vulnerable your house was, 2 guys, one acted as lookout, ex thieves. They could ransack the place in under 15 minutes, and if there were large valuables, they had people/trucks on standby. Show was called 'it takes a thief.' On one of the episodes, the hit a house that had a gameroom, and took the games.

I'd also look into private *armed* security to watch the place over the next month or so, probably expensive as hell, but they'd be trained to handle and take down an armed intruder. Best of luck to you, hope you get the guy(s) and recover your stuff.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Thanks for the support guys, it's really very greatly appreciated. The toll this has taken on me is immeasurable, I can't put into words the affect it has on me. The simple act of going there now makes me physically ill, and the only thing I want to do is leave.

I can understand this, had an acquaintance bring some friends and break into my 3rd story apartment via the balcony! My wife was so distraught we had to move. Unfortunately you are not renting, and have no neighbors to watch out as I did, so it's a bad spot until this guy is caught. Don't discount someone you have met.

#135 9 years ago

Hi Rob,

You are reporting this each time to the police, right? Love for taking a strong stance against resolving this with violence. Thanks for providing detailed example of how and why you stood up. :clap:

Have you replaced the camera's? It sounds like guy stalked you while cameras were add the first time around.

This shit sounds intriguing. I personally would have gone down the path of delivering vengence.

#136 9 years ago

Best to not post anything about booby trapping and other vigilante-esque stuff. By all means do what you feel is right.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

I'd also look into private *armed* security to watch the place over the next month or so, probably expensive as hell, but they'd be trained to handle and take down an armed intruder. Best of luck to you, hope you get the guy(s) and recover your stuff.

That's some scary shit Rob. Pic of intruder walking armed and he even changed the locks. I think this advice is the best. It may cost you, but I'd get a security agency out there for 1 month. I would bait it by moving a few very large empty Stern pinball boxes, post a for sale NIB Sterns on craigslist and in your ad mention your out in XXX, MO. And sit back and let the security company catch this guy.

If I knew the burglars that broke into my house 8 years ago were definitely going to come back, I'd sell a few games to fund hiring a security team just to gain some peace of mind and catch the vermin.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

It's difficult to pinpoint an exact date they were taken. The guy recently cut my locks off the storage units and put his own on. There was a period I couldn't get into them to see things. Between 12/3 and 12/30 is when they were taken though, so not too long ago. Likely near the 22nd as the Sheriff was there and said it looked like they just missed him.

THis doesn't make sense. Were the games stolen from your property or out of a rented storage unit?

Also, how would the Sheriff know they just missed him. Was there melted snow or tracks or something?

Please also, do not be sensitive to people who are trying to help. Your story has some very difficult things to understand (such as the lost cameras, etc.) Everyone wants to help you here so please be forthcoming with any facts that can help bust these losers - even if you think they are of no value.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My Lord, you are jumping to conclusions. There is not a single post in this thread that disbelieves the story. People just want to understand the facts. Rob has posted some stuff that doesn't add up. I'm sure he's just leaving out details or using terminology we aren't familiar with. By storage units, he probably means sheds. But to most of us who aren't familiar with him personally, it sounds like he fell behind on storage unit payments for the month of december and had to wait until he was current to discover the theft.

Everyone wants him to recover his merchandise and see the filthy scumbag thieves in jail. He's not helping himself by getting all defensive when people are trying to clarify his story. Not everyone is a great writer and we all share compassion, anger, sympathy and empathy when scumbags strike.

No one is rubbing it in his face as far as I can tell. Sometimes I wonder how peoples' feelings supercede their logic because I just don't think that way. I can state with absolute certainty if these items pop up within 500 miles of me on CL, I will spot them. Now do you want to slam me for asking for clarification of the facts as written?

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

Couple of things *I* would do. Hopefully they checked for fingerprints on the locks the thief(s) placed, and fingerprinted the house, etc. I'd make inquires to local storage places describing the guy/pins/large property missing, same with local U-Haul, Penske, etc. A large amount of stuff moved has to be someplace, not like a handful of jewelry can be tucked under a bed. I'm sure there is a paper trail somewhere - maybe even the locks, if they were new, you could find out who local to the area sells that kind of lock. They used to have a show on TV, that showed just how vulnerable your house was, 2 guys, one acted as lookout, ex thieves. They could ransack the place in under 15 minutes, and if there were large valuables, they had people/trucks on standby. Show was called 'it takes a thief.' On one of the episodes, the hit a house that had a gameroom, and took the games.

You should quit watching TV. I think your comment is the least helpful of any in the entire thread.

#141 9 years ago

I'm betting it is someone who has been to your place to "buy" a machine and didn't. I know I had a guy do this to me with a truck bumper once.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Were the games stolen from your property or out of a rented storage unit?

This question has already been answered . The storage units are on his property (not rented ).

Quoted from Borygard:

Storage units on the 74 acres. Locks removed when the proper equipment could be brought out.

#143 9 years ago

Hi Rob, sorry to hear about the theft of your machines. We will keep watch in the Arkansas/Springfield,MO areas for machines like you have have lost.

It would seem the crook found a way to liquidate your machines before he went through the trouble of stealing them. It would also seem he has a partner as those P2K machines are not easy to move with the heads attached. I don't think the common crook would have the smarts to know how to remove the heads.

If you have trouble with bears getting your chickens, a bear trap or two will do some good. Common animals such as dogs, coons and such are not heavy enough to trip the trap. Unfortunately if a human sets it off it will cause great pain and likely will break a leg so you have to be careful where you place them. (just kidding folks!) Digging a well in front of a storage door with a poor cap is also a dangerous thing to do.

Protecting an old farm house with a security system is a pain. I am guessing you can't gate your driveway either. I would go with a driveway pressure switch and hidden wireless camera that calls your cellphone if you expect the crook to return. We have the problem of trespassing hunter thieves stealing game cameras all the time, but not pinball machines.

I do hope the thief tries to sell your machines at the Texas Pinfest -- that'l be the end for him.

#144 9 years ago

I'm definitely hyper sensitive to the subject at the moment, but don't want to discourage any help locating the games, so my apologies if I am a bit over sensitive.

However, I'm not asking for or need anyone to understand anything about how, or what lead to the games being stolen. I'm simply asking the community to let me or the Sheriff know if these games turn up. And they will turn up, or have come up for sale, this guy's not keeping three SWE1s.

Also taken with the games were two NIB Happ Controls VisionPro 19" monitors with black sharpied "Rob Anthony" written on the brown box with red factory VisionPro lettering. It's very possible one of these could end up in the SWE1 with bad monitor. I have serial numbers for these as well. A googled photo of the Happ boxes..

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (1).png

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#145 9 years ago

This was posted on RGP...

oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

An RFM on the left, and tough to tell in the photo, but it looks like a Gladiators on the right. All three games taken from my place at the same time. Highly unlikely to see a Gladiators in most any collection, let alone sitting next to two of the same games stolen from the same place.

Anyone near this guy in Oklahoma City that can go take a look and snap a photo of the serial number on the head of the SWE1 with their cell?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#147 9 years ago

I come up with Metro Pinball and video - 3809 n. Portland in Oklahoma city
http://okcpinball.com/

#148 9 years ago

Notice on the window it says "Cash paid for Pinballs".

#149 9 years ago

The game on the right in that picture in the OKC ad is No Good Gophers.You can see the gopher at the front of the lower cabinet.And look at the speaker panel its the type Williams used in the late 90s.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

The game on the right in that picture in the OKC ad is No Good Gophers.You can see the gopher at the front of the lower cabinet.And look at the speaker panel its the type Williams used in the late 90s.

Good catch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-games-mid-missouri-help-request/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.