image-548.jpg
00w0w_4GcpXHjJrWV_600x450.jpg
00707_7Inv3eS6KSG_600x450.jpg
00o0o_eBiUoo15h3i_600x450.jpg
Screenshot (1).png
image-792.jpg
12-31-2014 2-58-34 PM.png
282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg
There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

How could you get robbed a dozen times , and not have done something at the first sign of theft.? Really , there are very affordable diy security systems , as well as brinks , adt etc . These security companys that monitor the house while you are away . I have been burglarized once ...thats all it took . I bought a diy security system and installed it in one day. . There's been two attempted burglaries that have been stopped by my home security system...twice. I am sorry for your loss , but I think some precautions on your part should have been exercised. I will do my best to keep an eye for your stolen machines.

Rob has done many things to no positive effect unfortunately. Some of you guys just don't understand where this propery is and the type of area. Please don't judge. It is a very unfortunate and frustrating situation to say the least.

#52 9 years ago

We hang pin-thieves 'round these parts.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I'm sure it's not at all related but CoinOpWarehouse just had a HUO SWE1 on facebook on Monday.

CoinOpWarehouse is sort of in the area, isn't it? Maybe contact them and see if they made a batch purchase that matches the missing list?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

How could you get robbed a dozen times , and not have done something at the first sign of theft.? Really , there are very affordable diy security systems , as well as brinks , adt etc . These security companys that monitor the house while you are away . I have been burglarized once ...thats all it took . I bought a diy security system and installed it in one day. . There's been two attempted burglaries that have been stopped by my home security system...twice. I am sorry for your loss , but I think some precautions on your part should have been exercised. I will do my best to keep an eye for your stolen machines.

You're not helping.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Quoted from Borygard:

Yes, you're missing quite a lot, and this is the reason I hesitated quite a lot before posting. I don't need to be judged, I just need some help in locating these games.
Several trail cameras and even cellular trail cameras were placed on the property and also stolen.

Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

ebay.com link » Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball Machine Home Use Only Extremely Low Plays
10 day old link in Chicagoland.

Rob please review or provide playfield closeups of your Star Wars machines and we can probably help spot little details that we could use to cross examine the machine in the ad.

#58 9 years ago

Sorry to hear this Bory

I work on CCTV, fire, automation & intrusion panels for a living. If you want any advice I'm happy to help. I do repairs/service rather than sales/install so there's no agenda or motive with my offer.

Also I'm in MO and will keep my eyes & ears alert for the titles you mentioned.

Good luck

#59 9 years ago

Terrible news Rob. I'll help spread the word.

LTG

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

CoinOpWarehouse is sort of in the area, isn't it? Maybe contact them and see if they made a batch purchase that matches the missing list?

No, CoinOpWarehouse is way out East, in Maryland. That said, it doesn't hurt to check into everything....

Anyway, sorry to hear about this, Rob! I'll keep my eyes peeled here in Iowa.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

No, CoinOpWarehouse is on the way out East, in Maryland. That said, it doesn't hurt to check into everything....
Anyway, sorry to hear about this, Rob! I'll keep my eyes peeled here in Iowa.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of The Pinball Company, I think. Whoopsie!

#62 9 years ago

I check the local CL adds in Missouri on a daily bases Rob. If something in question pops up , I be sure to let you know. I hope they turn up and the guy gets caught.

#63 9 years ago

Wow - this really sucks. Will be keeping my eyes open in WI for sure. Someone else already posted on the WI Pinball site as well so we're all aware. Here's hoping they turn up soon for you.

#64 9 years ago

Missouri is a mess.

Sorry, Rob.

#65 9 years ago

Hope the pinside community helps in locating these bastards. Sorry this has happened to you. Will also keep an eye out.

#66 9 years ago

littlerock.craigslist.org link

A new listing today for a SWE1 out of AR.

#67 9 years ago

I helped spread the word w/ pinball people down here in the ArkLaTex & Ms southern states.

Seems like the bad guy(s) are likely within a 10 mile radius of you or closer, and if not, then probably someone you know.

#68 9 years ago

I don't think that one's it.

12-31-2014 2-58-34 PM.png12-31-2014 2-58-34 PM.png
#69 9 years ago

whoops!

#70 9 years ago

Sorry Rob,

Hope you get the machines back. In your case they have robbed many other items so once they locate these dirtbags, that should be all the proof the police need to make a bust.

But I am wondering what would happen if all the crooks took were pinball / arcade machines. Other than pics, which are circumstantial evidence, how would you be able to prove the machines were yours? I never write down serial numbers and don't believe anybody else does either. What is a good method of marking pins to identify ownership?

#71 9 years ago

Rob - Sorry to hear this. I hate to see this happen to anyone, much less one of the good guys. I will keep an eye out for you as well.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What is a good method of marking pins to identify ownership?

Personally, I have a secret word that I write in a hidden spot inside the cabinet just in case something like this happens.

#73 9 years ago

Really sorry to learn of this. Terrible.

I would forget the GPS tracking devices and surveillance cameras, although I do think the GPS location based trackers are great idea. Instead, go Rambo first blood. Build a few boobi traps in the entrances you think they've been coming into and you'll have DNA samples all over your place to catch them with. A bear trap by the front door? Shit, if a kid in home alone could build some kick butt traps - someone like Rob Anthony with his Macgyver skills could do something rad.

Will keep an eye out in Chicago for you.

#74 9 years ago

I hate to hear that Rob. I grew up in a house out in rural area and understand how vulnerable you can be out there. We are going to be watching and hopefully we catch the bas$tard$ trying to sell these off.

#75 9 years ago

I had a second home in the middle of nowhere. After having some issues, I finally caught the guys. Turned out to be the biggest punks on the street. Even though I caught them caught them coming to the front door dressed in camo with weapons, the sherrif said he could not do anything because I did not have no trespassing signs posted.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

I had a second home in the middle of nowhere. After having some issues, I finally caught the guys. Turned out to be the biggest punks on the street. Even though I caught them caught them coming to the front door dressed in camo with weapons, the sherrif said he could not do anything because I did not have no trespassing signs posted.

On my railroad, this is the biggest hassle we have -

Hundreds of thousands of damage to equipment, and at first the case was thrown out because we didn't have signs up. Then, once we GOT signs, they weren't enough. Even with hidden cameras and fantastic pictures of the perpetrators. D'oh.

#77 9 years ago

Another Chicagoland fella on the lookout....

#78 9 years ago

Happy to see this plastered all over the interwebs. It's present in at least 5 different arcade and pinball groups on Facebook. Hope the items are found and crooks reported.

#79 9 years ago

It is definitely someone local that feels comfortable enough to come into your home with a friend/truck on multiple occasions.

#80 9 years ago

Rob,
I was thinking that you told me they got a starship troopers as well. I didnt see that on your list.

troy

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Build a few boobi traps in the entrances you think they've been coming into and you'll have DNA samples all over your place to catch them with. A bear trap by the front door? Shit, if a kid in home alone could build some kick butt traps - someone like Rob Anthony with his Macgyver skills could do something rad.

The only problem with building traps (and mind you, my grandfather was the master of building man-killing traps) is that if legitimate personnel show up like firefighters or sheriff, they can be needlessly killed or injured.

I would think the punishment would severe if one of your traps maimed the sheriff....

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#83 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I like just saying boobi

Maybe you should tilt this. j/k

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

On my railroad, this is the biggest hassle we have -
Hundreds of thousands of damage to equipment, and at first the case was thrown out because we didn't have signs up. Then, once we GOT signs, they weren't enough. Even with hidden cameras and fantastic pictures of the perpetrators. D'oh.

Isn't messing with Railroads an automatic federal offense? Hell if they are messing with anything that carry chemicals you could just call them Terrorist!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Isn't messing with Railroads an automatic federal offense? Hell if they are messing with anything that carry chemicals you could just call them Terrorist!

Yup. Doubly so in our case, since our line is officially owned by the state (we just operate on their track). Yet, still, we couldn't get anything from the courts.

#86 9 years ago

Sorry to hear of the situation Rob. When you are robbed, it isn't so much the value of what was taken, its the psychological impact that comes with it. I was robbed years ago, and I found the culprits. I followed them all the way to court, but since they were minors, there was no remedy. Our law enforcement is not set up to provide restitution for victims.

Great to see the entire community on the look out.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Sorry to hear of the situation Rob. When you are robbed, it isn't so much the value of what was taken, its the psychological impact that comes with it. I was robbed years ago, and I found the culprits. I followed them all the way to court, but since they were minors, there was no remedy. Our law enforcement is not set up to provide restitution for victims.

This post is right on. 8 years ago our house was burglarized. I startled the burglars coming home before they were done (while carrying my sleeping daughter in my arms) so they didn't get away with everything but all our jelwery. Thankfully they ran and did not confront me in that situation. It's the psychological impact that stinks the most. And as cool as the police were/are, they set our expectations it will be unlikely they will ever get prosecuted. I hope your luck is better Rob.

#88 9 years ago

Rob,

how long ago were the games possibly stolen?

In other words, when is the last date you can confirm they were still there?
This may be important as if it was a while ago and the burglary could have been a few months back then we should also get the word out that games may have been already purchase a bit back and not just looking for active sales.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This post is right on. 8 years ago our house was burglarized. I startled the burglars coming home before they were done (while carrying my sleeping daughter in my arms) so they didn't get away with everything but all our jelwery. Thankfully they ran and did not confront me in that situation. It's the psychological impact that stinks the most. And as cool as the police were/are, they set our expectations it will be unlikely they will ever get prosecuted. I hope your luck is better Rob.

Wow - glad that it turned out the way it did for your family. Mine was a car radio that they stole as my car was in a parking lot. It was 20 years ago, but it really was the first time I felt personally violated. I assume that a home invasion must feel so much worse, and pinballs add to the effect.

#90 9 years ago

i personally dont know the OP but im sorry that someone has done this to you. i know how much money you must have had into these things.... probably more then the cost of a new car. my collection is probably worth around 7-8 grand in 4 seperate machines and i cannot imagine someone stealing them. allot of hard work and money goes into obtaining these things. funny thing was i thought they were too heavy and large for someone to steal them. the thief must have had adaquate time to remove and load them and made multiple trips, had multiple vehicles OR a single large vehicle large enough to accommodate multiple machines. it takes a fairly large vehicle to handle multiple pinball machines in one load. also i would venture to guess that the scumbag was not operating alone as pinball machines are large, cumbersome, and very heavy. i know when i first started moving my own pins i though they had lead in the cabinet

#91 9 years ago

A dozen times?? A few years ago some dude thought it was cute to sneak into my side yard and break into my buick...Right after that i threw up some cameras and one of those liquor store ding-dong things and sure enough he came back 6 weeks later...this time I popped out of nowhere with the tactical 12ga mossberg to the back of his head and my wal-mart steel toe boots to the back of his neck until the Sac. County sherrifs dept. showed up....After they thanked me, i went inside and crawled into my warm bed...

#92 9 years ago

Have anyone there leave the house. You hide in the house and wait for the pos to make a return trip.
When they enter your home hit them with a taser.
Keep giving them the jolt until they are subdued.
Then take the pos out to your back 40 and bury him alive.

Yes, I'm completely serious.
Nothing I hate worse than a thief.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you get your games back.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Great to see the entire community on the look out.

the laws in this country have been manipulated to protect criminal elements of society…..there's an excuse to get out of anything: under 18, minority, temporary insanity, you name it. Law abiding citizens are the ones who suffer the most….I hope they catch these guys and have good hard evidence to be prosecuted.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

There you go being all logical again.
Ok, let's put a sign in the windows that says "Danger: Security System with deadly boobi traps" (I think I like just saying boobi )

Bowen might frown upon this....

#95 9 years ago

Sorry to hear Rob, sounds just awful...

#96 9 years ago

Man, it really sounds like it could be someone you know or have had out there. If they knew to remove the hidden cameras then maybe they knew they were there. Sorry for what happened to you, I hope everything works out.

#97 9 years ago

Sorry to hear Rob. I think it's safe to say we will all keep are eyes on the look out for you.

#98 9 years ago

Back to what's important here. Sorry about your troubles Rob. I will keep an eye out on the web.

Quoted from Borygard:

The games stolen are as follows...
-3 (yes three) Star Wars Episode One. One of which was Home Use Only, bought by me in '99,
with less than 100 plays. The game was immaculate and it kills me that it's gone.
-Revenge from Mars
-Complete Star Wars Episode One kit, in original box, including PRISM and ROM board.
-2 Space Shuttle
-Gottlieb Gladiators
-various pinball parts, including NOS AFM, SttNG assemblies, R&B backbox character plastics
-not pinball, but worth noting since they're large boxes and likely with the pins-NIB portable AC/Heater and NIB Craftsman shop/bar stool
These pins were taken from mid-Missouri, near Davisville, within the last couple of weeks. If
you see anything turn up anywhere in the country that doesn't seem right, please let me or the
Crawford County Sheriff's department know.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#99 9 years ago

Thanks for the support guys, it's really very greatly appreciated. The toll this has taken on me is immeasurable, I can't put into words the affect it has on me. The simple act of going there now makes me physically ill, and the only thing I want to do is leave.

As some have said, it's not so much about the stuff that's gone, though the amount of things that are no longer mine is staggering, it's the violation that someone's been in my home, through all of my belongings and rifled through everything they could touch, everything that's ever meant anything to me. The feeling is indescribable, and you can't possibly know unless it has happened.

I have very bad photos of the guy from the cameras that weren't stolen, each time he's there he's fully armed. I won't go there alone any more, this could be so much worse than simply some physical items no longer in my possession. The thought of stumbling across this guy and Taro going into protect mode and getting shot comes to mind, and would simply be the end of me.

A couple of buddies have wanted to help by staying out there to catch him, or be out there alone to get some things out of there. I won't allow it, if something happened to them, I couldn't live with myself.

The could've, should've, would'ves, and second guessing are non-stop, I wake up every hour or so at night thinking about this. No doubt I'd do things differently having been through it now, but that's not what this is about. It's about the simple fact that someone in the pinball community will come across these games, and I just need help with finding them.

I have serial numbers of the games, I don't think it's a good idea to post them, but yes, there's definitely a way to identify these as mine.

One of the SWE1s had a bad monitor and the monitor board removed. The Space Shuttles had backglasses removed.

Starship Troopers was not stolen, it went to a friend.

It's difficult to pinpoint an exact date they were taken. The guy recently cut my locks off the storage units and put his own on. There was a period I couldn't get into them to see things. Between 12/3 and 12/30 is when they were taken though, so not too long ago. Likely near the 22nd as the Sheriff was there and said it looked like they just missed him.

Thanks again for the support everyone.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#100 9 years ago

It's hard to imagine your place has been robbed this many times by likely the same person and never caught.

I'd be all over that jurisdictions police chief.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-games-mid-missouri-help-request/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.