Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CAM00131.jpg
00707_7Inv3eS6KSG_600x450.jpg
00w0w_4GcpXHjJrWV_600x450.jpg
00o0o_eBiUoo15h3i_600x450.jpg
image-195.jpg
image-548.jpg
00w0w_4GcpXHjJrWV_600x450.jpg
00707_7Inv3eS6KSG_600x450.jpg
00o0o_eBiUoo15h3i_600x450.jpg
Screenshot (1).png
image-792.jpg
12-31-2014 2-58-34 PM.png
282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

Over the past several months my house in mid-Missouri has been burglarized more than a dozen
times. The person(s) doing the burglaries figured out pretty quickly that I wasn't there a
lot, and began stealing everything I own.

The property is a very rural 74 acres that have been in my family for three generations. We'd
never had any kind of problem like this until earlier this year. Up until recently my pinball
machines have been untouched, too heavy, too big to get out of there easily, I'm sure. That's
changed over the past couple of weeks, and several games have now been stolen.

This brings me to my request of the pinball community. There's no way this guy is going to be
able to do anything with these games without one of us seeing something. The pinball community
is just way too small. Any info on any of these games turning up anywhere will be greatly
appreciated. Most of the games out there had been removed prior, in anticipation of this
happening, so luckily they didn't get most of my collection. The games stolen are as
follows...

-3 (yes three) Star Wars Episode One. One of which was Home Use Only, bought by me in '99,
with less than 100 plays. The game was immaculate and it kills me that it's gone.
-Revenge from Mars
-Complete Star Wars Episode One kit, in original box, including PRISM and ROM board.
-2 Space Shuttle
-Gottlieb Gladiators
-various pinball parts, including NOS AFM, SttNG assemblies, R&B backbox character plastics
-not pinball, but worth noting since they're large boxes and likely with the pins-NIB portable AC/Heater and NIB Craftsman shop/bar stool

These pins were taken from mid-Missouri, near Davisville, within the last couple of weeks. If
you see anything turn up anywhere in the country that doesn't seem right, please let me or the
Crawford County Sheriff's department know.

Thanks for any help.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#2 4 years ago

Hey rob this is Ed from potosi, sorry about your loss. I'll be on the look out. Ed

#3 4 years ago

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but can't you put up some hidden cameras to catch this loser? Sounds like you could nail this guy with a simple placement of 1 or 2 hidden motion cameras placed in inconspicuous locales... there's simply no reason to allow this to continue... or am I missing something?

#4 4 years ago

I'll keep a lookout here in PA. If you could post the serial numbers, or PM them to me, that would make it easier for a quick ID should I see one on Craigslist or Ebay.

#5 4 years ago

I'll be on the lookout here in Cuba.

#6 4 years ago

Very sad

That feels like it adds up to "grand theft". When you catch these folks.... they will get ROASTED!

faz

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but can't you put up some hidden cameras to catch this loser? Sounds like you could nail this guy with a simple placement of 1 or 2 hidden motion cameras placed in inconspicuous locales... there's simply no reason to allow this to continue... or am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing quite a lot, and this is the reason I hesitated quite a lot before posting. I don't need to be judged, I just need some help in locating these games.

Several trail cameras and even cellular trail cameras were placed on the property and also stolen.

Ed, I thank you my friend. You're actually very close to my property in Potosi.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#8 4 years ago

I'd place one of those SpotTrace GPS trackers hidden inside a game.

The motion sensor will call your phone the moment the game is moved and it's location will be constantly updated to you.

Don't call the cops when the items reach their destination, have some bikers ready to fertilize some of that 70 acres you have.

#9 4 years ago

That sucks; I am not sure what other security options exist (cameras that record and upload data to the cloud... even if they have to use satellite uplink?).

I hope they get the guy. When my house was broken into when I was ~19 years old, they ended up getting at least one of the rich kids who had done it as I had kept my VCR box for ? reasons. Stupid crime, caught by some stupid stuff.

#10 4 years ago

Do you have serial numbers for the games? Asking in case something shows up in the KC area so we could take a quick look and determine if it is yours.

#11 4 years ago

Sorry to hear of this Rob.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

#12 4 years ago

The only way someone is getting away with this is if they keep them. Otherwise if they come up for sale in the Midwest someone will surely spot them. I'm not the brightest guy but even I can spot some of my old pins when they come up for sale. It would be great if they needed pin2k board work and had to send it in to Rob to fix. I'm sure that won't happen, but it would be hilarious. Best of luck Rob!

#13 4 years ago

This really sucks, I hope the Pinside community is able to help spot your stuff if any of it pops up on CL or e-bay. Some of what you describe should not be hard. HUO Star Wars with very low plays, and a NIB SW kit should stick out anywhere. Will keep a look out here in the East. Let's help catch these thieves!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't call the cops when the items reach their destination, have some bikers ready to fertilize some of that 70 acres you have.

I can supply the bikers!

#15 4 years ago

Some people really suck.

Rob: I will share this info with some of the pin resellers here in Minnesota. They do a lot of business out state too.

Hope your stuff turns up.

Brian

#16 4 years ago

Shared all over the web - Sorry Rob

#17 4 years ago

#18 4 years ago

Man, that is just terrible.
Hopefully they contact us trying to sell them. I'll forward this link to Nic and Brooke so they are aware.

What a violation. Hope they turn up.

#19 4 years ago

Rob I'll put a notice on Big Daddy

#20 4 years ago

I put it on my web site too as well as on FB. It is also posted in the KC Pinball FB group.

#21 4 years ago

- - TOPIC STICKIED - -

282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg

#22 4 years ago

Dang. As one of the true good guys in pinball I can't believe this happened to you Rob. I'm really sorry to hear it

For everyone - the person who would have these would probably NOT know that it was a HUO game, so don't put out a search for HUO Star Wars. Also, look for someone wanting to make a package deal - who maybe says they have one thing, and then tells you they can have some others if you get it. Don't expect these to be sold the 'traditional' way.

I hope so much they and everything else is recovered. That's absolutely horrible.

#23 4 years ago

I will let you know if any of these games are offered to me. Todd from TNT

#24 4 years ago

Makes me sick. hope you get your stuff back.

#25 4 years ago

Sorry to hear about the bad news and hoping for a speedy recovery.

#26 4 years ago

I would look closely at neighbors , friends and family, sounds like someone may know you schedule, it is usually someone you know that breaks into your house, f-ing scumbags

#27 4 years ago

So sorry Rob this has me really pissed. I keep a heads up at Modern.

#28 4 years ago

Have my eyes peeled.

I hate liars and thiefs

#29 4 years ago

Man some people suck.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I would look closely at neighbors , friends and family, sounds like someone may know you schedule, it is usually someone you know that breaks into your house, f-ing scumbags

I was thinking the same thing....Anyone come to mind?

#31 4 years ago

Sorry to hear of your loss Rob.

#32 4 years ago

Rob -

Will be on the lookout in Eastern PA. Sorry this happened to someone as nice as you. Hope you can get your items back.

Chris

#33 4 years ago

Watching for you here in Southern Indiana

#34 4 years ago

Rob,

I will keep an eye out in Western Ky as we are not that far apart.

#35 4 years ago

Sorry to hear this Rob, I will keep an eye out in CO and let the other pin heads around here know about the theft. Hope you get your stuff back.
KC at LCP

#36 4 years ago

I'm sure it's not at all related but CoinOpWarehouse just had a HUO SWE1 on facebook on Monday.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I'm sure it's not at all related but CoinOpWarehouse just had a HUO SWE1 on facebook on Monday.

If someone stole a machine how would they know it is huo unless the receipt was in the cabinet, and they were a collector?

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I saw this as well. They buy from all over the place. I think they were selling it for $2300.

#39 4 years ago

I will keep a lookout Rob.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

The problem is everyone knows his schedule due to posting when he's at shows.

#41 4 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Hope you nail the bastards.

#42 4 years ago

We will keep an eye open down here in the Southwest.

#43 4 years ago

I'll keep a look out in mid CA. But I would suggest have a game or some item that needs to be plugged in to work, and then buy a wire in gps tracker for it. Just like ones in rented or leased cars. Then wire it into the game, make a bait game. Let it get stolen then track it to hopefully the others. I wonder if you could befriend an auto dealer to let you borrow a unit for 1 to 2 months.

#44 4 years ago

I'm real close to davisville. I just put out a wanted to buy ad for a space shuttle pin. We will see what happens. In my small town everybody knows me as I own a heating and cooling co. And come in contact with lots of people daily and they all know that I buy pins.i have bought many a pin that way. Hopefully someone contacts me to buy the stolen pins. Ed

#45 4 years ago

This really sucks. I'm sorry to hear this Rob. Good luck in finding these scumbags.

#46 4 years ago

Rob, sorry for your loss and I hope your local Sherriff Department gets these dirt bags! Like the rest of us I will spread the word in northern Cali.
Harley D.

#47 4 years ago

Wow, I'm sorry this keeps happening to you. What about a house sitter with a 12g shotgun? Seriously.

#48 4 years ago

Are there any storage units nearby?

#49 4 years ago

How could you get robbed a dozen times , and not have done something at the first sign of theft.? Really , there are very affordable diy security systems , as well as brinks , adt etc . These security companys that monitor the house while you are away . I have been burglarized once ...thats all it took . I bought a diy security system and installed it in one day. . There's been two attempted burglaries that have been stopped by my home security system...twice. I am sorry for your loss , but I think some precautions on your part should have been exercised. I will do my best to keep an eye for your stolen machines.

#50 4 years ago

Will keep a lookout for these games. I say if Rob does not get these games back... we start a fundraiser for him. This just reminds me why I have done the security measures I have. It only takes one douchebag to wreck years of collecting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Mirage, CA
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside