police-police-chase.gif
giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
BE510BE9-AC0E-4B5E-87E0-27840A14BD4E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#39 1 year ago

Damn, that sucks - I can offer no more suggestions than have already been offered.

I used to put a screwdriver in the hole of the track and door to prevent it going up and I didnt even have pins in the garage, just as a safeguard.

When we were house hunting several years ago, we wanted to get a pole barn and talked about keeping the games out there but I told the wife I'd never get a good nights sleep, I'd constantly be worried about thieves/temperature/etc. I sleep soundly with them below us in the basement. Someone's really gonna have to work to get them out, not to mention bypass an alarm and dog.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Chances are some low-IQ rube saw it, did a Google search and nabbed it. These people don’t know how to sell them, set them up nor value them properly. Crime stats from the Gov. suggest that knowing a gun is in the household is the single largest deterrent to thieves. No burglar, not even crack addicts want to risk their life when easier targets (Proud gun-free household! sign outside) exist.

This was someone who knew exactly what they were doing and how to do it quickly. 2 guys could have the legs off, slide it into the back of a pickup and throw a blanket over it in under 5 minutes.

As for the gun angle, I've yet to drive past a house that says GUN INSIDE. If you don't wake up while they're doing it, you can have a bazooka in the house, it's irrelevant.

My gut feeling is it's someone that wanted the game for themselves - i wouldn't expect to see it for sale anytime soon, unfortunately.

Best of luck to you - I know pinsiders will keep their eyes peeled for the game.

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes Stern can pass this along to police, will they? Yes the police can act further on that info, will they? Gotta have all the stars align but it's possible.

I doubt Stern will be tripping over itself to get involved.......

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Since they probably needed a truck or van to haul it off, maybe someone further down the ally will have camera footage of the vehicle with your game on board. If you’re lucky, you might even get a license plate.

Right Howie, I'd think any car on the street between 11pm and 3am would be suspect -

1 week later
#353 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Another issue is that roofing companies sometimes encourage people to submit claims caused by "weather", its a whole scam, they show up, ask if you want a new roof and then basically tell you step by step how to scam it our of your insurance company which causes everyone's rates to go up.

They do that around here too, if someone gets a roof repaired/replaced after a storm they'll knock on every door and try to talk you into it too.

I suppose the insurance company sees a bunch of houses all in the same area, built at the same time, needing repairs after the same storm and it's more plausible.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

This 100%. So many people don’t understand how insurance really works. It’s for very large claims that you can’t afford to pay for like when your house needs to be replaced. Any small claims you make just watch your rates increase as they want their money back. Windshield replacement claim anyone?

Yeah i made that mistake once years ago, some siding blew off the house, called insurance.

It happened again a couple years ago, called someone local, $900.00.

1 week later
#378 1 year ago

That's awesome news -

Smart enough to know how to move the game but still stupid enough to get caught.

Grand larceny due to the value, I think - he won't be playing pinball for a while.

#393 1 year ago

I wonder what the ratio of stolen games on the coasts (or where basements aren't common) is compared to the midwest.

#428 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Awesome.
[quoted image]

Ok, first thought that entered my mind was "wow, that would be kinda cool if those were all magnets on a refrigerator door"

#432 1 year ago

I had a claw hammer that I used to hang the claw part through the holes in the door and the track. Or a large screwdriver. Door ain't going nowhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-game-?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.