police-police-chase.gif
giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
BE510BE9-AC0E-4B5E-87E0-27840A14BD4E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#189 1 year ago

I always say I lock my doors for the thief's protection, not mine.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If you make it through the door, you have already signaled ill intent.

I've never heard of someone breaking in with the intent of having hot tea, coffee cakes and an educated discussion of world events.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I am not a profiler, but based on the list of items stolen, I am betting that the culprits are adolescents acquiring expensive "toys". And these cannot be enjoyed fully without interaction with others that would want to play with the machine and other items that were stolen. That being said, I would bet that a monetary reward will provide a lead from some young friend of the culprit or culprits that sees the items in question.

Have you seen today's adolescents?

They are way too lazy to move a pinball machine.

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

These kids today just ain't right, lazy good for nothins! -boomers on kids throughout all of history.
in the 1900's it was kids reading books and magazines
in my day we were all too busy playing nintendo
these days all they care about is tik tok and being influencers
I wonder what the next generation of boomers is gonna have to say about the next generation of kids
This has literally been going on since ancient times.

The tile guy working at my house is 33. He says it’s amazing the difference he sees in people just 5 years younger than him. He doesn’t know how most of them function.

I’m 44…the term “failure to launch” is not something used for my generation. Today’s 20 year olds and younger, failure to launch is all too common.

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

There’s never been a generation this fat, unskilled, unathletic, bad postured & batshit crazy.
I’ve tried hiring dozens of them, all they wanna do is look at their phone.
This is truly a real break from past generations.
Ask them to read a tape measure if you wanna laugh.

Or an analog clock.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Have you honestly dealt with people who can't read an analog clock? Kids are taught this by first grade in pretty much every curriculum.
And to the guy complaining about someone who can't read a tape measure - maybe they never had to and never learned? Yes it's easy, but maybe you could spend a minute or two and TEACH them? We all started somewhere. Some were fortunate enough to learn a lot of this stuff at a young age and some didn't have the education or family support to learn some of this stuff we took for granted.

What I have found with the under 30 crowd:

Can’t read a tape measure, can’t read an analog clock, can’t fill out a check, can’t budget, can’t use tools, BUT, they know how to use an iPhone.

And the expectation is for everyone else (namely their parents) must be responsible for them.

Check out my thread and you’re going to see some crazy ass stuff from 20 year olds.

That’s why I highly doubt that’s who stole this machine. It’s more than likely someone who knows about that game and is probably sitting in someone’s basement.

I know it isn’t gaming, but look at this article about things stolen: https://nypost.com/2022/08/29/restaurants-open-up-about-the-stuff-their-customers-steal/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=message_app

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

What I am curious about is since stern has been "notified" and "flagged" the game what does that mean? They will block IC registration? cool but not really sure how that helps OP get his game back, if anything, they should allow the IC registration and share the IP with Law Enforcement, but honestly Law Enforcement probably cares almost nothing about this crime, property crimes in general generate low interest and low effort from law enforcement.

When the "new owners" register the game or make it go online, Stern will have the IP Address.

I can't imagine it would be that hard for the cops to find the house at that point.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I imagine the issue would be getting the cops to care enough to take the next steps to talk to the ISP, etc. Especially with the possibility that it could have traded hands, even multiple times by the time someone attempts to register it.
I had my house broken into years ago. One of the things that was stolen was a PS3, but other more valuable things were stolen (including a firearm) and there was a rash of such break-in smash and grabs in the neighborhood at the time. I told the cops I could register the console to be flagged by Sony the moment it connected online - they were entirely disinterested at using that information.

a PS3 is only a few hundred dollars vs. several thousand a pinball machine costs.

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I would not expect Stern to be monitoring serial numbers through the Insider Connected platform. They most likely flagged the serial # in their system so when someone calls up for tech support / service they will see the game has been flagged.

I don't ever remember giving them a serial number for tech support.

For my replacement playfields, yes, but for general questions, no.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

No new developments on the Stolen game, but I am in the market for another Deadpool pro if anyone knows of a good deal in or around Ohio. Thanks

Did you ever talk to your homeowner’s insurance? If so, how did it go?

#358 1 year ago

Here’s a cool insurance story.

1 year anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, where I was half an inch from getting water into my townhouse, I come home at 11pm at night, to find water everywhere in my kitchen. Water is just pouring down from my kitchen light.

The line feeding my hot water tank, sprung a leak inside the wall. Insurance rep comes over to look at. Decides it’s like $8,500 in damages. Sends me a check for $7,500 (minus the deductible). My builder charged me $800 to fix everything. I used the balance to buy a NIB Star Trek LE.

What’s funny, when I stopped by his house to pay him, he asked how much insurance sent me. When I told him, he immediately said “OMG!!!! You’re going to buy Star Trek LE!!”

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from Monk:

I hate to derail this thread more than it already has been, but I had a similar story with a fire in the house. Ended up writing a check for new composite decking that even the agent suggested we don't replace and just paint the entire thing.

Thread is already derailed.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yup, OP took his ball and went home.
FYI no one responded to the CL ad wanting to sell a DP pro in Dayton for $7500. I tried...

Outside of any updates, it’s impossible not to have the thread derailed.

1 week later
#424 1 year ago

I may have missed how they thieves got into the garage. Here’s what I did to mine.

1 - cut the handle off the garage release.

2 - camera. Granted the camera won’t stop them, but now I have visual evidence (note: outside of my house has cameras too).

1A59DEB0-8E8F-4EA0-B8A8-80D09615CB0D (resized).jpeg1A59DEB0-8E8F-4EA0-B8A8-80D09615CB0D (resized).jpeg845B7949-206F-428A-A865-670909B35AA1 (resized).jpeg845B7949-206F-428A-A865-670909B35AA1 (resized).jpeg
#443 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Every time I see a plate from California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota or Massachusetts driving around I cringe!!

It’s only the people from Newark, Elizabeth, Camden and Trenton. The rest of NJ is on the safer side.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Don't forget Passaic and far worse neighbor P-town - Patterson might be worse than Newark.

I forgot those 2.

Real shame with Patterson, they have these awesome waterfalls and the locals just treat it like crap.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i just can't bring myself to think of shooting someone over an insured toy box full of lights. i dont and never will own something worth shooting someone over
defending life is a lot different than defending property. some of y'all have weird hardons about punishing criminals that haven't done anything to you personally
my $.02

Breaking into someone’s house is personal.

It’s not like the OP left the game in the driveway for someone to just take.

His house was broken into.

Break into my house and it will not end well for the trespasser….I’m a very good shot.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the dream of every wannabe NRA vigilante
*steel- grey cold eyed 45 year old with a beer gut guns down the desperate drug addict in cold blood as his family clutches at him*
then what

You totally nailed it. My dream is to shoot people.

While I’m at it, I push old people over with walkers.

Take candy from babies.

Steal food from the homeless.

You really need to grow up. No rational person wants the safety of their home invaded.

Same reason why I wear seatbelts…being prepared for the worst case scenario.

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Dude you can’t even get your kid and her boyfriend to stop eating snacks in your house

You haven’t been keeping up. Looks like there’s a lot you have missed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.99
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-game-?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.