giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
BE510BE9-AC0E-4B5E-87E0-27840A14BD4E (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 1 year ago

Be glad if you don't live in Florida, home owners insurance here is crazy. The major companies like All State, progressive etc basically won't insure you. You have to use these weird companies nobody has heard of that are impossible to deal with. Another issue is that roofing companies sometimes encourage people to submit claims caused by "weather", its a whole scam, they show up, ask if you want a new roof and then basically tell you step by step how to scam it our of your insurance company which causes everyone's rates to go up.

Its a vicious cycle down here, prices go down in Florida, then companies have too much risk so they jack up rates and then start dropping people, (as of right now if your roof is older than 10 years in florida they will tell you to get a new roof or they will drop you). After they drop a bunch of people over time and risk is acceptable they start to lower prices and add people and then the whole cycle repeats.

Unfortunately in general, when you submit homeowner's claims your rates tend to go up or you get dropped. Honestly if the loss is minimal after your deductible its not worth it to go through insurance as you will wind up paying more than you save in the long run.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Insurance companies kinda all suck. So far the only one that hasn’t let me down is USAA. You have to be military or military related to be a customer but they pay claims and don’t drop you after the fact. The worst I got from USAA was a letter saying my claim rate was higher than their national average once. They didn’t raise my rates or drop me. Just sent the goofy letter. It was a bad year. I had 3 claims in one year.

Dropped USAA almost two years ago, hated them. Refinanced my mortgage and noticed how high my home owners was. Called USAA, told me to pound sand. Switched to Liberty Mutual and pay around a third of what USAA was charging me (no claims). Then I switched to Geico from USAA for auto insurance, chopped what I paid in half.
On another USAA note, I was hit in a rotary by another vehicle (100% their fault). Spent over two hours on the phone with the most incompetent USAA rep, mind blowing experience. I would have had a better conversation with pavement. Then I noticed my auto insurance went up, so I inquired and found that the Moron listed the accident as my fault. USAA has been the worst insurance company I ever dealt with.

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Another issue is that roofing companies sometimes encourage people to submit claims caused by "weather", its a whole scam, they show up, ask if you want a new roof and then basically tell you step by step how to scam it our of your insurance company which causes everyone's rates to go up.

They do that around here too, if someone gets a roof repaired/replaced after a storm they'll knock on every door and try to talk you into it too.

I suppose the insurance company sees a bunch of houses all in the same area, built at the same time, needing repairs after the same storm and it's more plausible.

#354 1 year ago

Quoted from Irishbastard:

On another USAA note, I was hit in a rotary by another vehicle (100% their fault). Spent over two hours on the phone with the most incompetent USAA rep, mind blowing experience. I would have had a better conversation with pavement. Then I noticed my auto insurance went up, so I inquired and found that the Moron listed the accident as my fault. USAA has been the worst insurance company I ever dealt with.

If possible, it is always a good idea to get a police report that proves that the accident was not your fault.
That police report proves who is at fault and you don't have to rely on an insurance rep to make that determination.

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

They do that around here too, if someone gets a roof repaired/replaced after a storm they'll knock on every door and try to talk you into it too.
I suppose the insurance company sees a bunch of houses all in the same area, built at the same time, needing repairs after the same storm and it's more plausible.

There is even a roofing company around here called Roof Claim.

#356 1 year ago

Hey Op, any update since this is turning into an insurance thread? LOL

#357 1 year ago

I worked for a print shop years ago and after anytime after a big storm the roofers would come into town and get their fliers on how they get the insurance to pay for everything.

#358 1 year ago

Here’s a cool insurance story.

1 year anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, where I was half an inch from getting water into my townhouse, I come home at 11pm at night, to find water everywhere in my kitchen. Water is just pouring down from my kitchen light.

The line feeding my hot water tank, sprung a leak inside the wall. Insurance rep comes over to look at. Decides it’s like $8,500 in damages. Sends me a check for $7,500 (minus the deductible). My builder charged me $800 to fix everything. I used the balance to buy a NIB Star Trek LE.

What’s funny, when I stopped by his house to pay him, he asked how much insurance sent me. When I told him, he immediately said “OMG!!!! You’re going to buy Star Trek LE!!”

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from Dent00:

If possible, it is always a good idea to get a police report that proves that the accident was not your fault.
That police report proves who is at fault and you don't have to rely on an insurance rep to make that determination.

Yup, PD was involved, MVA report clearly stated other driver was at fault, and he was issued a citation for failure to yield. USAA was just that incompetent.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here’s a cool insurance story.
1 year anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, where I was half an inch from getting water into my townhouse, I come home at 11pm at night, to find water everywhere in my kitchen. Water is just pouring down from my kitchen light.
The line feeding my hot water tank, sprung a leak inside the wall. Insurance rep comes over to look at. Decides it’s like $8,500 in damages. Sends me a check for $7,500 (minus the deductible). My builder charged me $800 to fix everything. I used the balance to buy a NIB Star Trek LE.
What’s funny, when I stopped by his house to pay him, he asked how much insurance sent me. When I told him, he immediately said “OMG!!!! You’re going to buy Star Trek LE!!”

I hate to derail this thread more than it already has been, but I had a similar story with a fire in the house. Ended up writing a check for new composite decking that even the agent suggested we don't replace and just paint the entire thing.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Honestly if the loss is minimal after your deductible its not worth it to go through insurance as you will wind up paying more than you save in the long run.

This 100%. So many people don’t understand how insurance really works. It’s for very large claims that you can’t afford to pay for like when your house needs to be replaced. Any small claims you make just watch your rates increase as they want their money back. Windshield replacement claim anyone?

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from Monk:

I hate to derail this thread more than it already has been, but I had a similar story with a fire in the house. Ended up writing a check for new composite decking that even the agent suggested we don't replace and just paint the entire thing.

Thread is already derailed.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Thread is already derailed.

Yup, OP took his ball and went home.

FYI no one responded to the CL ad wanting to sell a DP pro in Dayton for $7500. I tried...

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yup, OP took his ball and went home.
FYI no one responded to the CL ad wanting to sell a DP pro in Dayton for $7500. I tried...

Outside of any updates, it’s impossible not to have the thread derailed.

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Dropped USAA almost two years ago, hated them. Refinanced my mortgage and noticed how high my home owners was. Called USAA, told me to pound sand. Switched to Liberty Mutual and pay around a third of what USAA was charging me (no claims). Then I switched to Geico from USAA for auto insurance, chopped what I paid in half.

Yeah, I had USAA for about a year back when I first got my commission. Then they raised my auto rates by quite a bit, even though I didn't have any claims or tickets, and had paid my premiums on time.

I called them up, and they made little effort to retain me and wouldn't budge on my rate. So I dropped them, went with Geico or Progressive (can't remember), and saved a ton of money.

#367 1 year ago
geico-gekko-switch-cannabis-weedmemes-608x608 (resized).jpggeico-gekko-switch-cannabis-weedmemes-608x608 (resized).jpg
#368 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Did you save 15% or more?

Are you criticizing Geiko?

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Are you criticizing Geiko?

No, the tagline is just burned into my brain

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

This 100%. So many people don’t understand how insurance really works. It’s for very large claims that you can’t afford to pay for like when your house needs to be replaced. Any small claims you make just watch your rates increase as they want their money back. Windshield replacement claim anyone?

Yeah i made that mistake once years ago, some siding blew off the house, called insurance.

It happened again a couple years ago, called someone local, $900.00.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Be glad if you don't live in Florida, home owners insurance here is crazy. The major companies like All State, progressive etc basically won't insure you. You have to use these weird companies nobody has heard of that are impossible to deal with. Another issue is that roofing companies sometimes encourage people to submit claims caused by "weather", its a whole scam, they show up, ask if you want a new roof and then basically tell you step by step how to scam it our of your insurance company which causes everyone's rates to go up.
Its a vicious cycle down here, prices go down in Florida, then companies have too much risk so they jack up rates and then start dropping people, (as of right now if your roof is older than 10 years in florida they will tell you to get a new roof or they will drop you). After they drop a bunch of people over time and risk is acceptable they start to lower prices and add people and then the whole cycle repeats.
Unfortunately in general, when you submit homeowner's claims your rates tend to go up or you get dropped. Honestly if the loss is minimal after your deductible its not worth it to go through insurance as you will wind up paying more than you save in the long run.

Same thing here in the Texas gulf coast. Premiums have skyrocketed recently from recent bad flooding and freeze. However, people trying to scam insurance is universal. Sucks. It makes all your rates go up and difficult to file a legit claim.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I had USAA for about a year back when I first got my commission. Then they raised my auto rates by quite a bit, even though I didn't have any claims or tickets, and had paid my premiums on time.
I called them up, and they made little effort to retain me and wouldn't budge on my rate. So I dropped them, went with Geico or Progressive (can't remember), and saved a ton of money.

Yea you always have too be on top of them and switch things around from time to time there's always better out there if u look for it

#373 1 year ago

Any update Op?

#374 1 year ago

Hello everyone, I have some news , but I can’t share too much right now.
The game is still in the Dayton area and I’m working with the police on recovering it.
It’s a thief not a pinball enthusiast like everyone here.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

The game is still in the Dayton area and I’m working with the police on recovering it.

Wish I could double or triple upvote this one. Awesome news.

#376 1 year ago

Good. I hate thieves.

#377 1 year ago

Looking forward to hearing the details about recovery. I hope you press charges and teach them a lesson.
-Mike

#378 1 year ago

That's awesome news -

Smart enough to know how to move the game but still stupid enough to get caught.

Grand larceny due to the value, I think - he won't be playing pinball for a while.

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

That's awesome news -
Smart enough to know how to move the game but still stupid enough to get caught.
Grand larceny due to the value, I think - he won't be playing pinball for a while.

He'll be out of jail before OP gets his game back. It's the sad reality of the justice system!

#380 1 year ago

Cut his right hand off

#381 1 year ago

I’m definitely pressing charges.
I think it’s grand larceny …

#382 1 year ago

Was is someone you knew?

#383 1 year ago

Given the tighter Ohio pinball community, there is a fairly short list of people that would end up meeting pinball thieves.

Quoted from meSz:

He'll be out of jail before OP gets his game back. It's the sad reality of the justice system!

It's sad that every part of the criminal justice system has become a privatized money grab. Most populated cities have no means to jail anything but felonious assault. And even then, only the severest of those criminal offenses only see SOME SMALL AMOUNT of jailtime. I do understand why people don't support the funding of jailing people until the crimes directly effect their own life. But, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Why are we spending so much money on building walls and strategizing how to more efficiently kill people in a war that does not exist? Why can't our country deal with the criminals that are already here? All the criminals know there are no consequences for their criminal actions. Keeping more criminals out of the asylum does not really solve these problems, it only slightly delays the rate of such things. Most people seeking refuge in our country are actually running away from horrible situations and circumstances in their own country.

Yes, it's too easy to take advantage of our systems that exists to help people. But just like capitalism, the police, criminal justice, and immigration systems, there will always be a few that ruin it for everyone that is actually doing the right things. There are very few if any morals at all in any of these systems that are essentially fueled by money and personal gain. Making systems better takes tech and money and most communities will not invest in protecting their citizens.

There's been dozens of vehicular hit and runs in my city this year, many of them homicides. People are critically hit and drivers just drive away. People don't care any more. Yesterday, two 15 y.o.'s tried to kill each with guns while driving down I-75... People only seem to care about themself. Not just criminals but all citizens, all voters. It's really tragic.

On a side note, it's fairly easy these days to track people down if you need to "ask someone some polite questions". If you need help figuring out the whereabouts of someone, most often you can just google search them. People's data is everywhere, especially career criminals with a public record. You can determine the day they are released, probably figure out who they are dating, and even who their parents are, ect.. It's a fairly small world out there. You would be surprised that most people don't care if their kids steal shit and run amok. And the one's that DO care... a lot of times, they are just as helpless as the victim to try and solve anything.

I am sympathetic of those involved for certain and tried to get the word around that this happened to all my Ohio pinball friends.

I am ashamed of so many things that are left unresolved in our communities. THAT fact saddens me much more than the single crime of a stolen object. Not trying to be political, just my random observances of the state of these things. I try to not associate with any particular ideal or belief because we have the right to believe in all different things. The most diplomatic of leaders not only knows this but, also understands it completely and attempts to act accordingly. There may never be anyone in our existence to ever be up to the task to be this kind of leader. You can't even teach these things because no one can hear the voices of reason over all the shouting at each other. That's the main big picture problem that I see today.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I have some serious questions here for you.
You say the machine was in your garage? Detached garage, that faces an alley. OK, does your garage have windows that if you were playing your machine at night, it would cause a bit of a light show in a window? How old is the neighborhood and and how many stories are the homes?

Quoted from Sundog:

I’m definitely pressing charges.
I think it’s grand larceny …

Grand Theft in Ohio is $7500 . In Ohio, when the value of property or services stolen is $7,500-$150,000, or the property is a motor vehicle or any dangerous drug, the offense is considered grand theft. Grand theft is a felony of the fourth degree punishable by 6 to 18 months in prison and up to $5,000 in fines.Oct 12, 2020.

Absolutely, press charges and give us the details. I am going to guess a delivery guy or home service person of some kind.

#385 1 year ago

Awesome! Throw the book at that piece of Shit Bottom feeder! Good guy for the win!

#386 1 year ago

Get em!

dahliabunni-popcorn (resized).pngdahliabunni-popcorn (resized).png

#387 1 year ago

Let's hire Deadpool to kick his ass... poetic justice!

#388 1 year ago

I'm kind of wondering if there is any damage to the game. Hopefully not and good luck with getting it back in one piece!

#389 1 year ago

FYI - The new no cash bail system in Illinois starting 1/1/23 is quite concerning to say the least. It’s like we’re inviting more crime. Sad pathetic times…

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

It's easy to spread negativity when you have no skin in the game. Yes much of the justice system is corrupt. That being said, I'm hoping for a good outcome for the victim's sake. You should too.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's easy to spread negativity when you have no skin in the game. Yes much of the justice system is corrupt. That being said, I'm hoping for a good outcome for the victim's sake. You should too.

Here we go. Let's ignore reality and just hope and pray for everyone. That will fix everything. The truth is not spreading negativity.

Trust me, everyone here wants to see this guy to get his game back AND have justice served.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Let's ignore reality

Quoted from Crash:

Yes much of the justice system is corrupt.

Let's get back on topic instead of getting political.

#393 1 year ago

I wonder what the ratio of stolen games on the coasts (or where basements aren't common) is compared to the midwest.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

Great news! So, instead of him playing pinball he gets in jail, where other people with play with his balls.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Was is someone you knew?

Nobody I knew, he’s a career criminal. I’m thinking a friend of his must have tipped him off.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

Let's get back on topic instead of getting political.

We were doing just fine, previous to your comment.

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

Nobody I knew, he’s a career criminal. I’m thinking a friend of his must have tipped him off.

So glad you found it! Hoping that you get it back without too much more fuss and that it is not damaged. Godspeed!

#398 1 year ago

It’s kind of surprising a criminal would have the wherewithal to move a pinball machine and then get caught. I am assuming he was trying to unload it to a pawn shop or Craigslist type situation. Glad for the community that hot machines are very hard to unload.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

So glad you found it! Hoping that you get it back without too much more fuss and that it is not damaged. Godspeed!

#400 1 year ago

Sundog, how was it found???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-game-/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.