giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
BE510BE9-AC0E-4B5E-87E0-27840A14BD4E (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

It's my opinion the cameras do a fabulous job of deterring thieves. The lights go off, they see the camera, and they decide to pick an easier target. I've got this on video, many many times.

I completely agree. I installed motion activated high resolution cameras at every corner on my house that are all connected to a digital video recorder. The cameras are easily visible, since they are on every corner. I tell my neighbors that I think thieves will bypass my house and proceed to houses next door without cameras. Some people even install "Dummy" cameras for this very reason.

#207 1 year ago

May be a good idea as well to keep checking pinballmap over time. Look at games in a radius from you, see if any Deadpools show up. Never know, some dummy could have stole it and put into their bar, or they sold it quietly and it just pops up.

#208 1 year ago

Moderator's comment:

Please refrain from engaging in a debate on weapons/firearms/guns. This is not the main topic of this thread. Thanks

#209 1 year ago

So sorry you had to experience such a miserable thing Op. I hope the collective community finds this scum. As a couple of others have suggested I would retrace every interaction in my mind with anyone who witnessed the pin in the garage. It could have been someone passing by when you unloaded the game from your vehicle, maybe a neighbor within line of sight, hell I wouldn't overlook the mailman until I had the game back in my possession. Hopefully the thieves are not in the position to play the long game and to them 3 weeks is an eternity. I wish you good luck in getting your game back asap!

#210 1 year ago

When they said Guns. I thought they were talking arm muscles. I hope the OP gets his game back. I know how hard it can be to save up for machine.

#211 1 year ago

Thankfully it has a fairly unique combination of mods, including the partial shooter plate. Even if thieves are smart enough to hide the serial number, those mods could be a dead giveaway if this thing shows up in a for sale ad. I doubt even a competent thief would go to the level of researching what's factory vs. modified and removing mods to cover his tracks.

#212 1 year ago

I hope the thieves are reading these posts and realize how stupid it was to steal the Op's stuff and how unlikely they will ever get away with this.

Maybe the game will be returned to the scene of the crime freshly waxed and with an apology note.

#213 1 year ago

Thanks for everyone’s support.
Latest update, I spoke with the local pawn shops I’m told they check items against police records for stolen items, most won’t even buy a pinball game.
I just spoke to Stern also, they are going to flag the game /serial number in case someone uses it with insider connect.
I did buy extra cameras that will go up this week.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

I hope the thieves are reading these posts and realize how stupid it was to steal the Op's stuff and how unlikely they will ever get away with this.
Maybe the game will be returned to the scene of the crime freshly waxed and with an apology note.

That would be nice…

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Moderator's comment:
Please refrain from engaging in a debate on weapons/firearms/guns. This is not the main topic of this thread. Thanks

Very professional message instead of just locking it up. Thank You @Forceflow

-Mike

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

Hopefully body cams strapped to a german shepherd

#217 1 year ago

I have a suspicion someone you know did this. Someone with jealously and entitlement and knowledge of pinball. Know anyone like that? Start there.

#218 1 year ago

Man this just crushes me. When you said all the work you did to save up to get a new game it really hit home with me. I had to do the exact same thing to get my DP pro. It was a huge achievement for me to pull it off. I can't imagine how devastated I would be if I got violated like that.

I'm running Euffy cameras at home now. Luckily I live in a pretty nice area where thefts are fairly rare but they do happen. Better safe than sorry. I like the eufy cams because theres no subscription fee. They have an option to add a solar panel so you never even have to charge them (they're wireless obviously). Plus they are very budget friendly.

Quoted from Sundog:

I just spoke to Stern also, they are going to flag the game /serial number in case someone uses it with insider connect.

This is a cool feature for insider connected!

I really hope this story has a happy ending. It was awesome when that TMNT that was stolen got tracked down. Lets hope we can do it again!

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Cool. But my thief was glad he could see. My thief starred right at my camera with a ski mask.

Well of course he did, you got robbed by FloridaMan.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

THAT is awesome.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

I just spoke to Stern also, they are going to flag the game /serial number in case someone uses it with insider connect

You should delete this post. You're putting out too much info.

#222 1 year ago

If the thief is pinball savvy enough to find this thread, OP is never seeing the game again anyway.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

You should delete this post. You're putting out too much info.

I think it's good info. Personally I'm not an IC user and don't really care for it in general, but this is a good feature of it. I don't think it should be kept a secret. Hell, maybe a dumb seller would even see this post and be stupid enough to say "don't use it online!" when selling which would also be a red flag.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Hopefully body cams strapped to a german shepherd

or my ferocious Boston Terrier…

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

or my ferocious Boston Terrier…

Just his snoring we’ll keep the bad guys at bay

#226 1 year ago

This community is so philanthropic. I’d start a go fund me. Or a go find me in this case. I’d throw you a few bucks towards a replacement.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#227 1 year ago

this sucks so bad. I'm sorry for your traumatic experience. I've also had my garage burglarized and lost tools, motorcycles etc because my garage wasn't locked inside on the rail.

Now, I always lock both garage doors from the inside. also, I've disabled my garage motors so scanners cannot attempt to open my garage and steal my stuff. If someone wants into that garage, they're gonna have to break into a deadbolt, or rip the garage off the frame to get in.

#230 1 year ago

Anyhoo, as has been said, this is a crappy situation.

And I agree that this is unfortunately probably someone who has been in your home already. As we all know, these things are a bitch to move, and the majority of people have no idea what machines are worth or how to sell them. You need a vehicle that can move it, etc. So it all kind of points to some level of prior knowledge and preparedness.

But I do think getting the word out to everyone has been a good idea. No one knows how to track down pinball machines better than pinheads.

Sorry for your loss and hope it gets recovered soon. Will keep my eyes peeled.

#232 1 year ago

I hope you get your pin.

There was another pin stolen here somewhat recently that was eventually recovered. Someone stole a TMNT Pro and pawned it... for $300.

Here is all of the info if there is something in that story that helps you find it. A sting was setup through pinside too!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Anyhoo, as has been said, this is a crappy situation.
And I agree that this is unfortunately probably someone who has been in your home already. As we all know, these things are a bitch to move, and the majority of people have no idea what machines are worth or how to sell them. You need a vehicle that can move it, etc. So it all kind of points to some level of prior knowledge and preparedness.
But I do think getting the word out to everyone has been a good idea. No one knows how to track down pinball machines better than pinheads.
Sorry for your loss and hope it gets recovered soon. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks, I appreciate it

#234 1 year ago

Hey Sundog so sorry to hear this. I own Pinball Garage in Hamilton and would love to hook your family up with a bunch of free pinball play. I know it’s no replacement for your game but we have a Deadpool Pro and 50 other pins here to get your fix while you sort things out. Message me if interested.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Hey Sundog so sorry to hear this. I own Pinball Garage in Hamilton and would love to hook your family up with a bunch of free pinball play. I know it’s no replacement for your game but we have a Deadpool Pro and 50 other pins here to get your fix while you sort things out. Message me if interested.

Really awesome gesture from someone that didn't need to do anything. Kudos to you sir!

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

Thanks for everyone’s support.
Latest update, I spoke with the local pawn shops I’m told they check items against police records for stolen items, most won’t even buy a pinball game.

Any word from you insurance Company?
If they are going to pay the claim, what is your deductible? I'll kick in a few $'s and possibly some others will too to maybe take that deductible bite away.
Just a thought.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Moderator's comment:

Apologies. Didn’t see this before my previous post.

#238 1 year ago

Sundog this thread is heartbreaking, glad to see so many Pinsiders trying to help you.
I truly hope you will get your game back!

#239 1 year ago

So, if stern knows when this game connects to wifi, and knows the serial # do they have any way to disable it completely, like a LoJack?

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Thanks, message sent.
Been to the garage a couple of times but have yet to see the new addition.
You have a great pinball location!

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Any word from you insurance Company?
If they are going to pay the claim, what is your deductible? I'll kick in a few $'s and possibly some others will too to maybe take that deductible bite away.
Just a thought.

They said to submit an itemized list.
Deductible is $1100

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Sundog this thread is heartbreaking, glad to see so many Pinsiders trying to help you.
I truly hope you will get your game back!

thanks
The community support is blowing my mind.
I appreciate it.

#243 1 year ago

Has OP or anyone cross posted to the Deadpool owners thread?

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Has OP or anyone cross posted to the Deadpool owners thread?

Also be good to get a post on RGP as well.

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

They stole a large Deadpool figure , custom arcade sign , new gum ball machine and a hybrid race bike

Hearing this random list of items makes me think it was local teenage burnouts with a borrowed truck and not a B&E team. If that is the case I bet the word has spread and other local teens may have info since it is hard to hide a pin from friends and parents. Maybe posting a local reward for info/return signs or something in the local paper?

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

thanks
The community support is blowing my mind.
I appreciate it.

If the thieves know you, and you were home, wouldn't they be pretty ballsy to break in knowing you were there ? Also if they know you, one would think they might know your work schedule and steal when you were not home.

#247 1 year ago

I am not a profiler, but based on the list of items stolen, I am betting that the culprits are adolescents acquiring expensive "toys". And these cannot be enjoyed fully without interaction with others that would want to play with the machine and other items that were stolen. That being said, I would bet that a monetary reward will provide a lead from some young friend of the culprit or culprits that sees the items in question.

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Hearing this random list of items makes me think it was local teenage burnouts with a borrowed truck and not a B&E team. If that is the case I bet the word has spread and other local teens may have info since it is hard to hide a pin from friends and parents. Maybe posting a local reward for info/return signs or something in the local paper?

Unless they were into pins, they’d have no clue how to move it.

My guess is this is someone op knows. Or someone was paid to steal it for another.

Random teens aren’t the party imo.

#249 1 year ago

I hope these scumbag bottom feeders get caught and the owner gets his game back soon. Best of luck sir.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I am not a profiler, but based on the list of items stolen, I am betting that the culprits are adolescents acquiring expensive "toys". And these cannot be enjoyed fully without interaction with others that would want to play with the machine and other items that were stolen. That being said, I would bet that a monetary reward will provide a lead from some young friend of the culprit or culprits that sees the items in question.

Have you seen today's adolescents?

They are way too lazy to move a pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
6,800 (Firm)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-game-/page/5?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.