giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
BE510BE9-AC0E-4B5E-87E0-27840A14BD4E (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 1 year ago

Someone or you may have posted this but where in OH?
Not that they may not travel but never know. I'm in Medina/Strongsville which is south of Cleveland

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Not that they may not travel but never know. I'm in Medina/Strongsville which is south of Cleveland

He wrote Dayton OH.

The OP has not been back. Maybe already taking action?

#53 1 year ago

Any neighbours with security cameras?

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Yes! If you track down your machine for sale call the police.
OR ….
you can always go old school like a Eastern European contractor my buddy knows whose truck full of tools were stolen.
He found them listed online and acted like he wanted to purchase them. Showed up to inspect what was offered for sale. Confirmed it was his shit and THEN pulled out a machete and threatened to cut off the thief’s hands!
He got everything back and fortunately didn’t get arrested.
That guy is my HERO![quoted image]

I bought some shirts from a really cool local print company.
When I went to pick up my order there was like 15 guys there and one man bloody and bruised with both eyes swollen shut out in the parking lot.

They explained he had been scoping out the place and broke in overnight and stole tons of tools and cash from them, and he came BACK to grab more, and they anticipated his return.

Thief came back, got his clock cleaned, and then I rolled up on the aftermath.

Crazy stuff!

#55 1 year ago

Buy some ring cameras.
$100 a year charge
You can get them refurbished cheaper.
Personally i like the plug in versions.
Get the high quality hard wired doorbell.
Also the floodlight model is the best sensor light i've ever installed (and i'm an electrical contractor). So much so, that it doesn't even make sense to buy any other sensor light. I got mine refurbed for $149 each.
Sucks that it happened and i do hope someone else's cam picked up on it, just don't let it happen again.

#56 1 year ago

That sucks, Unfortunately, this isn’t something that hasn’t happened before. Along with some of the above suggestions, provide as much info on here as you can on the game/situation. (obviously without divulging personal info that could could make things worse) I’ve found pinsiders can be extremely resourceful and helpful. Make sure to monitor this thread, things can move fast. Good luck.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Wiggles:

Likewise, did you post pics of your pin on social media recently? I know a couple people who had their game collections stolen within weeks of posting a game room photo on Facebook collectors groups.

Not speaking for OP but I did see a post on a pinba group but if he hasn't should also post on a local city group for sure

#58 1 year ago

Maybe put a Deadpool wanted ad in local Craigslist and try to flush it out

#59 1 year ago

If the OP bought it new, there's just about zero chance the serial number isn't available. Either on paperwork or by asking the seller.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Contact your insurance company. It might be covered.

I spoke with them yesterday an filed a claim, waiting for the results.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

If the OP bought it new, there's just about zero chance the serial number isn't available. Either on paperwork or by asking the seller.

The seller had the ID number, I’m kicking myself for not documenting the game. I didn’t take down the serial number. Pretty upset with myself .

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Maybe put a Deadpool wanted ad in local Craigslist and try to flush it out

that’s a great that’s a great idea

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

That sucks, Unfortunately, this isn’t something that hasn’t happened before. Along with some of the above suggestions, provide as much info on here as you can on the game/situation. (obviously without divulging personal info that could could make things worse) I’ve found insiders can be extremely resourceful and helpful. Make sure to monitor this thread, things can move fast. Good luck.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Buy some ring cameras.
$100 a year charge
You can get them refurbished cheaper.
Personally i like the plug in versions.
Get the high quality hard wired doorbell.
Also the floodlight model is the best sensor light i've ever installed (and i'm an electrical contractor). So much so, that it doesn't even make sense to buy any other sensor light. I got mine refurbed for $149 each.
Sucks that it happened and i do hope someone else's cam picked up on it, just don't let it happen again.

I had cameras everywhere except for the alley where my garage faces. Big mistake

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I’m in Dayton Ohio

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

And if your car is parked outside because you have pins where your car should be... don’t leave your garage door opener in the car. Very basic tip but you’d be surprised - I’m sure it’s happened.

Not surprising at all. This is one of the most common ways thieves break in houses around our neighborhoods.

Unlocked car door leads to garage door opener, unlocked service door in the attached garage to the house. Crimes of opportunity.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Have you had any strangers who recently found out you had the game? I doubt this is random. If somebody happened to break into your garage they would have to know how to move it have a vehicle that fits it either in it's setup position or folded down with no legs etc... Most likely more than one person needed or have brought a dolly with them.
Might want to run through your memory if you had any new people or recent delivery,serviceman etc
Any neighbors have doorbell cameras or any other outside cameras that might be pointing at your house or garage?

It feels like an inside job. I’ve been too trusting in the past,

#68 1 year ago

I had my storage broken into a while back and had 2 slot machines stolen, kept a eye on craigslist,offerup, and 3 year later some lowlife posted them for sale , called police and got them back luckly i had serial numbers , Good luck

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

It feels like an inside job. I’ve been too trusting in the past,

It is someone you know.
Make a list of every possible person who's seen the game since purchase. Plumber, Gardners, anyone come to house once to fix something?
Who do you know with a drug problem? Start there first.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Better yet….

Even better.....

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#71 1 year ago

That really sucks.

I hope you get your game back and in good shape.

If you ever have the garage door open, could the game have been seen from the street ?

Definitely check your home owners insurance.

LTG : )

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

We used to have pinballs in an unattended truck stop laundromat. Fish tales and afm. 5 feet from the door. 24/7 unattended.
I Slept like a baby lol. They did well.

You were lucky. Same time frame or earlier an operator reported on RGP that he went to collect his Corvette pinball machine in a laundromat and it was gone.

People have been stealing games for years.

And it doesn't take a lot of time if you have two strong guys and vehicle. Grab and run takes but a few minutes.

LTG : )

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

The seller had the ID number, I’m kicking myself for not documenting the game. I didn’t take down the serial number. Pretty upset with myself .

Message the seller and ask them for it. I always document mine

#74 1 year ago

Sucks about the loss, I've had a previous house broke into and it's very infuriating, even years later. In my case it was most likely one of the sketchy construction workers that were still working in the neighborhood building out the development. Was obvious we were packing vehicles for a long weekend away and they just kicked in the front door, opened the garage, pulled in, ransacked the whole house, loaded up the goods and then left, leaving the door open.

Since then have moved and alarm and cameras for added reassurance (including the garage). The alarm at least gives them less time. Back then the police actually dusted for prints and made an effort, but these days it would most likely be next to nothing since Calif stopped making crimes a thing. Easier to shoplift with no prosecution than break and enter. Park the truck in the garage to avoid getting the cats stolen.

Some good advice already, I'd just add that if you have decorative windows across the top of your door you can buy a spray can of frost tint to keep the light but no one can easily look in to see what you have and/or if you are parked inside or maybe gone. You probably also should take off the t-handle from the emergency release on the opener. It's easy to fish a wire through the crack at the top of the door and hook the handle and disconnect the opener from the door. Not easy to hook a hanging rope with nothing easy to grab on to.

Hope you find your game or get some insurance coverage. In my case it wasn't worth a claim since that would have raised the rates by a lot and that "claim" follows the property and all carriers share the information making it more expensive for future purchasers too. It sucks all around.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Not surprising at all. This is one of the most common ways thieves break in houses around our neighborhoods.
Unlocked car door leads to garage door opener, unlocked service door in the attached garage to the house. Crimes of opportunity.

It's a stupid design, I know at least Ford leaves the door opener operational with no key.
So it may be best to get a wifi access unit for your garage door opener with notifications.

#76 1 year ago

Weird.

Whoever took it had to know it was there first. You don't just break into a place and steal an entire pinball machine impulsively.

As a thief, you're probably not going to try to unload this thing locally, and maybe not immediately. Wait until the dust settles and then look to unload. 1-3 months.

Sorry OP. This hurts my soul.

#77 1 year ago

Sorry dude. Will keep my eyes peeled for this. Between IN, OH, KY, and MI we'll find this sumbitch.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Weird.
Whoever took it had to know it was there first. You don't just break into a place and steal an entire pinball machine impulsively.
As a thief, you're probably not going to try to unload this thing locally, and maybe not immediately. Wait until the dust settles and then look to unload. 1-3 months.
Sorry OP. This hurts my soul.

if the thief doesnt keep it he probably already had a buyer

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

if the thief doesnt keep it he probably already had a buyer

Oh, good point. Minimal risk that way and the buyer could be completely oblivious.

#80 1 year ago

I have to agree with other people.
If nothing else was missing and they just took the pinball machine, this was a planned theft by someone who knew exactly what they were coming for.
You need multiple people as well as a specific kind of vehicle to pull this off. Especially if they left it on its legs. You would have to be pretty ballsy to stay long enough to take the legs off and fold it up, so I presume they moved it legs attached.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I have to agree with other people.
If nothing else was missing and they just took the pinball machine, this was a planned theft by someone who knew exactly what they were coming for.
You need multiple people as well as a specific kind of vehicle to pull this off. Especially if they left it on its legs. You would have to be pretty ballsy to stay long enough to take the legs off and fold it up, so I presume they moved it legs attached.

Takes about 30 seconds to fold the head over. You'd still need a big vehicle - even with the head over I don't believe it will fit in a cargo van (tried it once with a CFTBL and it wouldn't clear the roof).

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Takes about 30 seconds to fold the head over. You'd still need a big vehicle - even with the head over I don't believe it will fit in a cargo van (tried it once with a CFTBL and it wouldn't clear the roof).

Even so, folding the head down on a modern Stern requires removing two bolts from the back.
In order to do so in a timely and efficient manner, the perp/perps would have to have some minimal knowledge of a pinball machine (if this was even done). I’m betting on larger vehicle, grab it and go.

#83 1 year ago

The thief might just keep it. I mean it is Deadpool! Might have wanted it for their own. MY PRECIOUS

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Sundog:

Do you have any pics of the carton or when you got the game first set up? It’s possible you incidentally photographed the SN

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Another thing people do around here is look for opened garage doors during the day and hit the program button and add their own opener to the registry. Come back at their convenience with easy access to garage.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from danisme:

I'd just add that if you have decorative windows across the top of your door you can buy a spray can of frost tint to keep the light but no one can easily look in to see what you have

Garage windows = “what would you like to steal display window”.

#87 1 year ago

SATOT- sick and tired of thieves

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

See if any neighbors have security cameras..you might at least find out the vehicle and that is a start. Lots of ways to look for this game and you might get lucky.
Hope whoever did it gets caught.

I have gone to several neighbors, no cameras but there is a couple more I need to speak with
An I’ll stop by the Pawn shops today also

Quoted from brokenticker:

I had my storage broken into a while back and had 2 slot machines stolen, kept a eye on craigslist,offerup, and 3 year later some lowlife posted them for sale , called police and got them back luckly i had serial numbers , Good luck

I think they will lay low for a bit then post it for sale

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

Garage windows = “what would you like to steal display window”.

I had the had the windows frosted but I’m sure the sounds and flashing lights were noticed.
The garage is small so the door is a bi- fold door not a regular garage door. They prayed it open enough to cut the locks on it.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

SATOT- sick and tired of thieves

Me too, need harsher punishment for their actions

#100 1 year ago

Just a thought but but did this have the new insider connect or whatever it’s called. If connected to internet, won’t your serial number be visible to Stern servers? Perhaps you could contaxt Stern to monitor this serial number?

Anyone know if this is possible?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 39.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
6,800 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-game-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.