giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
BE510BE9-AC0E-4B5E-87E0-27840A14BD4E (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Days someone who lives in freaking Ohio. Chrissie Hynde summed that one up a long time ago.

Wherever the military forces me to live.

Whenever outside contractors ask where I'd relocate to work for them: "anywhere but California and New York".

Illinois is quickly joining their ranks....

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It is illegal almost everywhere to set booby traps. Imagine you get pinned under a game and call 911 and a first responder gets hit with that. Or god forbid a kid.
The “I will protect my games made for kids with deadly force” crowd is super cringe. I want the OP to get his game back as much as everyone else but it’s only pinball. All these judge dredd pinsiders ready to kill someone over a stupid game.

What are you even talking about??? It just makes a loud noise?

#454 1 year ago
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
#455 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

What are you even talking about??? It just makes a loud noise?

Yes and a flash.

Its a shotgun shell without the projectiles, a blank.

#456 1 year ago

You have cameras now. Time to put out the bait bikes.

#457 1 year ago

I installed a similar "lock" to the back of my business. Years ago a theif broke in through the attic and fell through the ceiling. When the alarm went off, he ran to the back, slid that board out of the brackets and ran. When me and the cops showed up, I saw fresh blood on the 2x4. He apparently cut his hand while breaking into the attic. They took a sample and put it in CODUS. One year later he was arrested for fraud and his DNA matched the blood in my store.

I never got retribution but at least I got closure. He was a 20 something local with a bad drug habit.

e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpege468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
#458 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Fortunately no, but my friend who fixed doors for a living (also a pinhead) was telling me about it who sold me those track locks.

I meant you knew that from breaking into garages yourself. I was kidding of course.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Every time I see a plate from California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota or Massachusetts driving around I cringe!!

You dont like living in this Country we get it.When is your Court date.

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Whenever outside contractors ask where I'd relocate to work for them: "anywhere but California and New York".
Illinois is quickly joining their ranks....

Illinois is lost. This state and city are done. Especially with the Safe-T act. ( HB 3653). Thanks to the hug a thug leaders and their supporters.

(They really believe this is going to help. Wackity schmackity doo.)

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It is illegal almost everywhere to set booby traps. Imagine you get pinned under a game and call 911 and a first responder gets hit with that. Or god forbid a kid.
The “I will protect my games made for kids with deadly force” crowd is super cringe. I want the OP to get his game back as much as everyone else but it’s only pinball. All these judge dredd pinsiders ready to kill someone over a stupid game.

Move here to Chicago, criminals will love you!

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

That’s a big part of the problem right there. The military generally isn’t going to locate you in sweet spots with high quality of life.

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from Monte:

Move here to Chicago, criminals will love you!

The worst thing I worry about where I live is people walking their dogs and letting them piss in my yard. Puts dead spots in my otherwise pristine lawn.

Could be much worse I guess

#465 1 year ago

Waiting for this to end with OP and his game reunited. Hope they get that warrant ASAP and make this right.

#466 1 year ago

When I lived in Sandy Hook Ct. in the original School House, I went to the store and came back. 30 mins tops. All my tools were stolen, stereo, and credit cards. Cop said don't tell insurance what was stolen for a few days. You will discover more. He also said you live right where there are 3 ways to escape via a car. The safest is on a dead end street. Made sense to me. Insurance paid. Not by check, but by the ACTUAL EXACT tools and stereo from and insurance warehouse. So much crap is stolen, this insurance Co. bought in bulk to save $. Tools and Stereos were obvious targets for fencing. We humans can be pretty pathetic to each other sometimes.

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

We humans can be pretty pathetic to each other sometimes.

“Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.”
-Detective William Somerset

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Grand Theft in Ohio is $7500 . In Ohio, when the value of property or services stolen is $7,500-$150,000, or the property is a motor vehicle or any dangerous drug, the offense is considered grand theft. Grand theft is a felony of the fourth degree punishable by 6 to 18 months in prison and up to $5,000 in fines.Oct 12, 2020.
Absolutely, press charges and give us the details. I am going to guess a delivery guy or home service person of some kind.

The punishment seems very light. How about a good caning as an alternative or maybe in addition to?

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I installed 1 of these, $35 for a very effective shotgun tripwire.
https://fithops.com/products/12-gauge-perimeter-alarm[quoted image]

This just showed up in one of my FB ads.. I didn't look into it, click any links, just by seeing this triggered an ad...

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

This just showed up in one of my FB ads.. I didn't look into it, click any links, just by seeing this triggered an ad...

This is why I use the Brave browser which blocks ads, trackers, and scripts that sell your data to Facebook and others.

20220918_202129 (resized).jpg20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
#471 1 year ago

I am not sure what the law is on things that are stolen, but if the thief is positively identified and ANYTHING is missing that should be returned and ANYTHING is damaged as a result of the crime, the thief should have to pay for the items that were not returned as well as pay for any damage to the stolen items, no matter how minor that damage might be, to the satisfaction of the orignal owner with paperwork from that owner to prove the monetary damages. There could be other damages besides just the stolen items. Perhaps the garage door was damaged or a window was broken (for instance). That is just my thoughts. The thief should be punished for the crime by a monetary award to the person that he stole from as well as whatever the law states is the punishment for the crime. The thief was caught so he should have to make restitution for the crime. Perhaps things like this will take a lawsuit where the thief is sued for monetary damages.

#472 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I believe it’s a blank, just makes a loud noise.

Doesn’t even matter if it’s a blank or a live round shotgun shell. It’s not lethal and unlikely it will even harm someone unless they were right up on it.
The way projectiles work the gas pressure builds up in the barrel of a firearm propelling it down the barrel. Without a barrel it’s just going to make a small explosion (like in this video).
Because the round isn’t in a chamber a lot of the powder doesn’t even ignite and just goes flying with everything else (wadding, shot etc.)
These things are meant to be trip alarms, not bootstraps.
Basically a scenario like your camping or on a hunting trip and want to set a perimeter around your camp in case of a bear or something along those lines.

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Perhaps things like this will take a lawsuit where the thief is sued for monetary damages.

Not the first time ... what about those who break in and get injured and sue you?
World is a stupid place, hope the OP gets his game back !

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

That’s a big part of the problem right there. The military generally isn’t going to locate you in sweet spots with high quality of life.

Not always the case. My nephew is up at JBLM outside Tacoma. Absolutely loves it up there. He's camping and/or hunting pretty much every weekend. When he comes home to visit he brings us all kinds of great meats.

A buddy of mine who was a marine for 21 years was stationed in Tokyo for a number of years(even had an R32 Skyline as his daily driver), then after that was stationed in Hawai'i for a while as well. Then, they transferred him to San Diego for his last few years of service before he retired. Sounds pretty sweet to me!

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not the first time ... what about those who break in and get injured and sue you?

That should easily be defeated in court, the thief damaged the victim's property and created a hazard for himself. Photos of the site when he broke in and entered showing sharp metal edges or other materials as a result of him breaking in. I believe people are stupid enough to try that before a judge.

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Not always the case. My nephew is up at JBLM outside Tacoma. Absolutely loves it up there. He's camping and/or hunting pretty much every weekend. When he comes home to visit he brings us all kinds of great meats.
A buddy of mine who was a marine for 21 years was stationed in Tokyo for a number of years(even had an R32 Skyline as his daily driver), then after that was stationed in Hawai'i for a while as well. Then, they transferred him to San Diego for his last few years of service before he retired. Sounds pretty sweet to me!

Of course there are exceptions to every general rule.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

You have cameras now. Time to put out the bait bikes.

Vegas Police are doing it now. Look at the cruiser near the doors to the store.....

20220905_103912 (resized).jpg20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
#478 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Vegas Police are doing it now. Look at the cruiser near the doors to the store.....
[quoted image]

Who parks their bike in a parking stall in the middle of a parking lot and not near the entrance of the business they might be frequenting? Whomever gets busted for this, if it's to good to be true...

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

Their is a Youtube channel that did that.. the bike was rigid to fall apart or explode.
One of the worst was having a moving truck that had manure in the back... The guys closed
the doors on the victims and drove around... nothing like slip sliding around in cow poop.

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Their is a Youtube channel that did that.. the bike was rigid to fall apart or explode.
One of the worst was having a moving truck that had manure in the back... The guys closed
the doors on the victims and drove around... nothing like slip sliding around in cow poop.

Not victims if they planned on stealing from the back of the truck.

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

Whoever falls for this one, is one stupid thief........

#482 1 year ago

Posted in error

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not victims if they planned on stealing from the back of the truck.

He's probably from California. We protect and care about our criminals

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Who parks their bike in a parking stall in the middle of a parking lot and not near the entrance of the business they might be frequenting? Whomever gets busted for this, if it's to good to be true...

I agree. They would be better off, having a giant box, propped up with a stick and a string tied to the stick with a $100 bill under it.

#485 1 year ago

Except it's not illegal to pounce on money found lying around...

They could use drugs instead and then charge them with possession, maybe!

#486 1 year ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#487 1 year ago

I would be the idiot arrested for trying to move it out of the way and putting it over by the cart return.

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

[quoted image]

Slick! They didn't even notice.

#489 1 year ago

Canadian police chase !

police-police-chase.gifpolice-police-chase.gif
#490 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

Canadian police chase !
[quoted image]

Lol that's about it bud

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

[quoted image]

Reminds me of 1:15.

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

My Insurance went up 40% this year. And when I looked for new quotes from other companies they said I was disqualified from coverage unless I completely fenced in my trampoline & pool. In the end I decided it was cheaper to keep my existing policy and pay the huge damn increase.

lets say you're paying $500 more per year, will you keep the insurance for 5 years? does the fence job cost more than 2500?

#493 1 year ago

Don't run...........you'll only die tired.....NUFF SAID

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I just can't resist responding to this idea. Criminals are stupid in the first place, normally desperate because they are not smart enough to live a normal life like regular people and possibly angry because of their predicament. If they are stupid enough to attempt a crime and get hurt in the process, that goes under dumb crook news that everyone will laugh about. In my mind, there is no way a thief gets compensated for doing stupid stuff that gets them injured when they trespass on the owners property and stole items or attempted to steal items that did not belong to them while in the act of committing a crime. A video of the criminal getting injured during the process just increases the viral level of the news. Karma can be bad stuff...

#495 1 year ago

Can a burglar sue for injury USA?
The short answer is yes, it is possible to sue for almost anything, though many claims will be dismissed as frivolous and may cost those attempting to litigate the issue for both their own court costs and the costs of those they intended to sue.

Quoted from Dent00:

I my mind, there is no way a thief gets compensated

Didn't say they would win , however should you google it...
Yes a criminal in the USA has sued and won ...
Go figure

Mind-boggling and scary at the same time

There are some unbelievable cases of burglars actually attempting to sue homeowners, though in most of those cases, the lawsuit, for understandable reasons, fails. However, there is one negligence lawsuit against the property managers of a school that did go in favor of the would-be thief. In the 1980s, in California, 18-year-old Rick Earl Bodine climbed to the roof of a high school gymnasium to steal a light from on top of the building. Having stolen one, he moved to steal another when he fell through the skylight, landing in the building and becoming a mute, quadriplegic in the process. He sued the school and was awarded $260,000 upfront and an additional $1200 for the remainder of his life.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Can a burglar sue for injury USA?
The short answer is yes, it is possible to sue for almost anything, though many claims will be dismissed as frivolous and may cost those attempting to litigate the issue for both their own court costs and the costs of those they intended to sue.

Didn't say they would win , however should you google it...
Yes a criminal in the USA has sued and won ...
Go figure
Mind-boggling and scary at the same time
There are some unbelievable cases of burglars actually attempting to sue homeowners, though in most of those cases, the lawsuit, for understandable reasons, fails. However, there is one negligence lawsuit against the property managers of a school that did go in favor of the would-be thief. In the 1980s, in California, 18-year-old Rick Earl Bodine climbed to the roof of a high school gymnasium to steal a light from on top of the building. Having stolen one, he moved to steal another when he fell through the skylight, landing in the building and becoming a mute, quadriplegic in the process. He sued the school and was awarded $260,000 upfront and an additional $1200 for the remainder of his life.

I guess there are exceptions and I am sorry that the stupid criminal was severely injured. However, it still falls under dumb crook news and this criminal is really lucky that he did not have people with opinions like mine as the judge and jury. He would rot in jail while he got treatment for his injuries.

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from Dent00:

He would rot in jail while he got treatment for his injuries

No disagreement here... criminals have more rights than victims...

#499 1 year ago

Anyone else just waiting to hear the story about OP getting his game back? How about we knock off the keyboard vigilante, justice system sucks, half the states suck, violent wet dreams, and all around crazy-facebook-uncle posting.

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Anyone else just waiting to hear the story about OP getting his game back? How about we knock off the keyboard vigilante, justice system sucks, half the states suck, violent wet dreams, and all around crazy-facebook-uncle posting.

That’s one way to look at it. Another way is that thievery would be less of an issue with a lot less repeat offenders if the consequences were more severe. Like with any crime, the punishment has to be a deterrent. And if that fails, it should be severe enough that the criminal never does it again. And if that doesn’t work, society should be assured that the offender never sees the light of day again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 64.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-game-/page/10?hl=bubbak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.