giphy.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20220905_103912 (resized).jpg
20220918_202129 (resized).jpg
e468e081ffc1d89ffbd1408e7bd7cf2f06586499 (resized).jpeg
20210917_141631 (resized).jpg
BE510BE9-AC0E-4B5E-87E0-27840A14BD4E (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 3 months ago

I just wanted the Pinside group to know that a thief or thieves broke into my garage last night ( in Dayton Ohio) and stole my Deadpool Pro !!
Its a big shock that im still trying to process.
So, if anyone sees a suspicious deal on a DP pro let know.
Lesson learned to beef up security and not to be so trusting.
An air tag your games because some assholes feel entitled to take your pin that you’ve worked hard to get.
I spent the last 5 years saving an trading to get to the point that I could buy a new game back in June.
Heartbroken

4E10D379-BCC2-46BF-B6CA-34F75142733A (resized).jpegA01947AC-E8A8-4D33-9BDD-66DE083A5835 (resized).jpegB9AD5767-ADEE-4D1B-ADC2-CCDBCE91B0EE (resized).jpeg

#2 3 months ago

Contact your insurance company. It might be covered.

#3 3 months ago

Do you have the serial number? Might be hard to identify otherwise

#4 3 months ago

Im so sorry to hear...keep an eye on craigslist, offerup, facebook, as well as pawn shops...you might get lucky.
I feel your pain.

#5 3 months ago

You should let the police know, I think.

#6 3 months ago

Sorry to hear this. Was it registered on insider connected? Can stern flag a machine in case it logs in again?

#7 3 months ago

Look out for a quick cash grab.
More info you have on the game the better.

Believe it or not, a suspicious Pinsider once put a successful police sting out on thieves selling a stolen game on the flip side.

Regardless, sorry to hear this happened.

#8 3 months ago

so sorry man that is brutal!

#9 3 months ago

I’m so sorry, this must be crushing. Hopefully your insurance will cover it or someone here comes across it, it’s happened before.

#10 3 months ago

Have you had any strangers who recently found out you had the game? I doubt this is random. If somebody happened to break into your garage they would have to know how to move it have a vehicle that fits it either in it's setup position or folded down with no legs etc... Most likely more than one person needed or have brought a dolly with them.

Might want to run through your memory if you had any new people or recent delivery,serviceman etc

Any neighbors have doorbell cameras or any other outside cameras that might be pointing at your house or garage?

#11 3 months ago

See if any neighbors have security cameras..you might at least find out the vehicle and that is a start. Lots of ways to look for this game and you might get lucky.

Hope whoever did it gets caught.

#12 3 months ago

Noooooooo! I'm so sorry. That's awful.

Hopefully, whoever did it gets caught and your game is recovered.

#13 3 months ago

Sorry too hear thing this is not good at all I would see if anyone seen something or cameras in your area start there best of luck bud

#14 3 months ago

For every game you own take pics of serial numbers and distinguising marks like scratches and scuffs, damage on playfield etc. These can help prove that a game is yours if it ever comes to situations like this. So sorry to hear and hope the bastards get caught.

#15 3 months ago

Consider putting out a reward and let all you friends etc know. Probably someone that has visited your place or a friend of someone that you know that was told about your fine game. Consider asking some friends/family to put an ad out looking for 3 different pins one of them deadpool (neighboring states too). Hopefully there are some marks on it so that you know it’s your for sure. Hopefully your local pinball community can keep an eye out an help. Good luck!

#16 3 months ago

Who knew it was in the garage?

#17 3 months ago

You shouldn’t have to worry about this…

But…this is reality…

If you keep your garage door open for extended periods of time there’s usually people going around looking in garages as they drive by. All you need is to have it open for 5 minutes and the wrong person drives by. As others say they probably knew it was there and came prepared. Other crimes of “opportunities” is for cash drugs etc.

#18 3 months ago

That really sucks.
Theft is rampant right now in a lot of sectors.

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from Sundog:

I just wanted the Pinside group to know that a thief or thieves broke into my garage last night ( in Dayton Ohio) and stole my Deadpool Pro !!
Its a big shock that im still trying to process.
So, if anyone sees a suspicious deal on a DP pro let know.
An air tag your games because some assholes feel entitled to take your pin that you’ve worked hard to get.
I spent the last 5 years saving an trading to get to the point that I could buy a new game back in June.
Heartbroken
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed, serial number is needed. Maybe withhold it for now so the thieves don’t possibly destroy evidence of it?

Chances are it was druggies, but there was a local theft of several machines this year that seemed high-end. It happens and perhaps there is some bizarre black market for pins

#20 3 months ago

What has the world come to? I officially hate everyone now...

#21 3 months ago

Can't add anything, just shaking my head in disbelief.

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Sorry to hear this. Was it registered on insider connected? Can stern flag a machine in case it logs in again?

That is an interesting question that would be good to know the answer to.

Sorry this happened OP. Thieves suck, things like this are happening far too often. My uncle had his TWD pro stolen during shipping earlier this year.

#23 3 months ago

Good idea in garage game rooms, which a lot of us have, clamp a pair of vice grips in door track. Tag them, make a note so you don't forget of course. Extra lock inside your door. Hope you get a lead or covered by insurance.

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

clamp a pair of vice grips in door track.

Better yet….

11243F10-26EF-4A83-A720-BB0579253FBC (resized).jpeg942BCCE1-7D97-4AF8-BA1D-C5BCD0AF5A79 (resized).jpegD2B67808-2909-4FCF-A14B-46A790E5A12B (resized).jpeg
#25 3 months ago

Damn man I'm sorry. Definitely let the police know if you haven't already. Maybe check with neighbors that might have security cameras or a ring doorbell or something? This is obviously not a quick run in and out type of theft, maybe someone caught them or their car on camera.

Do you have any kind of homeowners insurance? Bummer man I'm sorry. Hope you get it back or at least get it covered and can buy yourself a new one. Good luck.

#26 3 months ago

Thieves really should have their hands cut off.

HATE this.

#27 3 months ago

Still no serial number stolen game feature on game profile pages....super easy to implement....asked over 5 years ago.

#28 3 months ago

Itwould take a decent amount of time to load that thing into a truck/car. Whoever did it probably had it scoped out and planned…maybe a neighbor has a ring or someone noticed something suspicious.

#29 3 months ago
Quoted from MaxAMillion:

Do you have the serial number? Might be hard to identify otherwise

Prob not. Everyone blocks them out on pics like they are a SS number for some reason

#30 3 months ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Prob not. Everyone blocks them out on pics like they are a SS number for some reason

If they registered it with insider connected they can log into their account and under ‘machines’ it will show the serial number

#31 3 months ago

"Contact your insurance company. It might be covered."

I had a laptop I spilled coffee on and it died. My insurance company for apartment renters insurance had a clause that specifically covered laptops. It's property, it should definitely be covered. Such a weird thing to steal based on the size and work to get it out and then selling it.

#32 3 months ago
Quoted from Sundog:

Sounds like you may suspect someone of taking it possibly. Have you recently made some new “friends” that have been over or seen your pin?

Have you made a police report yet?

I'm sure stealing a 7k plus machine is considered a Felony. Due to the price point, I believe you wouldn’t have a problem having the police look into this matter.

All is not lost, make your report in person, including photos serial numbers, and any other details that stand out about the machine (mods, etc.).

Get a case number and find out who's working the case and stay in touch with that person.

Keep an eye out on craigslist, offer up, etc. If you see your machine up for sale let the police know take screenshots etc. Maybe worth creating a new craigslist account to make contact with the seller to obtain additional information (totally up to you).

Take steps to protect your other pins/property from future theft.

Keep us updated.

#33 3 months ago

We used to have pinballs in an unattended truck stop laundromat. Fish tales and afm. 5 feet from the door. 24/7 unattended.
I Slept like a baby lol. They did well.
Back in early 2000,s . Now I wouldnt dare. With craigslist etc. The game could be listed for sale before its even stolen to see the money potential.
People are desperate. They will break into live electric boxes risking death to steal copper for resale.
Sadly, I see this becoming more common in the future.

#34 3 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

Better yet….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Slide bolts , vice grips, large screwdrivers, Etc all work great BUT…

ALWAYS! Unplug your door operator if you use this method of security. My buddy installs overhead doors. He said he gets a couple calls a month from people who used this method of security and someone (wife, child, etc ) uses a remote, exterior keypad or the operator button and damages their garage door panels.

In the last year over head doors increased 100% in cost and now take 16-20 weeks lead time from order compared to the pre Covid 4 weeks.

#35 3 months ago

If you have or can get the serial number let us know and I will post a deappool wanted ad all over the net (as well as other in this group should) and see if it pops up.

In the 90's I had a operator contact me about a stolen Addams Family and sure enough it landed in my driveway about a week later. I declined on buying the game, got the plates off the truck and gave the info to the police. The operator got his game back.

#36 3 months ago

I bet you have some great leads on this no way it's random you got this I'm looking fwd to the resolved edit just wanted to drop you a line!

#37 3 months ago

Tough thing to be violated. Pin can be replaced.
Wake up call to improve security. Longer door hindge into frame screws. Sliding door tract removable wood movement stop etc.

EZ to do. Cheap. Long term and no maintainence. You and your family deserve to be safe.

Hope you get made whole on your loss
Shane

Ps thanks ultimategameroom suggestion unplug
garage door opener!

#38 3 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

ALWAYS! Unplug your door operator if you use this method of security

Why? These are hooked up to the door. How could anything get damaged? If one of these fails to unlatch the system will detect it and cease to open.

#39 3 months ago

Damn, that sucks - I can offer no more suggestions than have already been offered.

I used to put a screwdriver in the hole of the track and door to prevent it going up and I didnt even have pins in the garage, just as a safeguard.

When we were house hunting several years ago, we wanted to get a pole barn and talked about keeping the games out there but I told the wife I'd never get a good nights sleep, I'd constantly be worried about thieves/temperature/etc. I sleep soundly with them below us in the basement. Someone's really gonna have to work to get them out, not to mention bypass an alarm and dog.

#40 3 months ago

Dude..........I hope this matter resolves itself quickly for you. I have a feeling it will. I'm also going to make a guess that you have a list of suspects.

Don't go all Dirty Harry on it. Your local law enforcement should be able to handle this.

If the machine ends up down here in Florida (weird shit happens here.......cue in Florida man) I can step in if needed. I'm sure the rest of the community here would echo my sentiment wherever this machine turns up.

#41 3 months ago

I'm on the case. Are there any mods that could help identify it?

#42 3 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

Why? These are hooked up to the door. How could anything get damaged? If one of these fails to unlatch the system will detect it and cease to open.

Manual slide bolts,vice grips ,large screwdrivers, Etc.
Not the Automatic version that you have.

#43 3 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Manual slide bolts,vice grips ,large screwdrivers, Etc.
Not the Automatic version that you have.

Ah gotcha. Yeah definitely only do this if everyone on the same page. Just like you my friend actually installed my system who fixes doors for a living too and back order the same issue. Springs especially.

He joked about me ordering upgraded panels with better R value this fall for the winter and he said they’d arrive just in time for spring!

#44 3 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thieves really should have their hands cut off.
HATE this.

Yes! If you track down your machine for sale call the police.

OR ….

you can always go old school like a Eastern European contractor my buddy knows whose truck full of tools were stolen.

He found them listed online and acted like he wanted to purchase them. Showed up to inspect what was offered for sale. Confirmed it was his shit and THEN pulled out a machete and threatened to cut off the thief’s hands!
He got everything back and fortunately didn’t get arrested.

That guy is my HERO!

0ADE8F6A-BD6B-42A4-9EA9-1056F3CECE15 (resized).jpeg
#45 3 months ago

And if your car is parked outside because you have pins where your car should be... don’t leave your garage door opener in the car. Very basic tip but you’d be surprised - I’m sure it’s happened.

#46 3 months ago

Could this have been an inside job?

#47 3 months ago

If nothing else of value was stolen I'd bet money the person who stole it has seen your pin before. I'd carefully try and remember anyone whose been by over the past year or so and start there. And as someone said check with neighbors for security camera footage. A 300lb pin isn't just something you can slip into your pocket and quietly walk away with.

#48 3 months ago
Quoted from Wiggles:

If nothing else of value was stolen I'd bet money the person who stole it has seen your pin before. I'd carefully try and remember anyone whose been by over the past year or so and start there. And as someone said check with neighbors for security camera footage. A 300lb pin isn't just something you can slip into your pocket and quietly walk away with.

#49 3 months ago

Likewise, did you post pics of your pin on social media recently? I know a couple people who had their game collections stolen within weeks of posting a game room photo on Facebook collectors groups.

#50 3 months ago

Never good to be the victim of theft! Many peripheral details left out of the story. I reread the original post, nothing about garage door just being left open, I would imagine the too trusting comment led to that speculation. None the less, theft is a bad, but common practice. I would like more specifics. I will aid the recovery in any capacity that is within my reach.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
York, ME
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!