Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sundog:

If they do , I don’t know if they will tell me

Not sure how busy your police department is up there but I would hope that the detectives working the case would recover your other items and contact you. I'm sure it is part of your police report.

If they are a busy bunch though, I'd be following up with them to make sure they don't forget about you.

#52 1 year ago

Conjecture (on my part), it seems that he fenced for such a low price not due to lack of knowledge but desperation.

No justification for his actions but drugs and mental health disorders drive people to do some pretty desperate things. Selling a Deadpool Pro for 1500 is desperation (he probably knows how to type pinball Deadpool value into Google).

This might be an unpopular opinion but I really hope that, if drugs or mental health are part of the problem, he actually gets the help he needs in addition to paying the legislated debt to society through incarceration.

#53 1 year ago

Great news!!!!!!

#54 1 year ago

I'll give you $2000 sight unseen!

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

Selling a Deadpool Pro for 1500 is desperation

Yup, I think in the stolen TMNT thread, it was pawned for $300.

#56 1 year ago

really glad the op got their game back

#57 1 year ago

Nice to read some good news on this.

#58 1 year ago

OP: I'm thrilled you got your game back. Happy endings are the best kind

#59 1 year ago

So you had to buy your stolen game back for $1500 and the cops didn't just arrest him red handed? What has this world come to...

Glad you got your pin back though.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

So you had to buy your stolen game back for $1500 and the cops didn't just arrest him red handed? What has this world come to...
    Glad you got your pin back though.

I don't think he had to pay for it, it's his property. The pawn shop would be out the money and it's on them to get it back from the criminal.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sundog:

I’m hiding air tags in the games for now on.

Air tags can be easily detected.
    I'm looking into the Helium people's network and some satellite radios (https://swarm.space) .

At this point; loaning out 1500 to get your game back is probably something worth it.
    I imagine; when the thief is charged - the op will have legal ability to recover that money.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't think he had to pay for it, it's his property. The pawn shop would be out the money and it's on them to get it back from the criminal.

The pawn shop helped by buying the machine knowing it was stolen, cause the op had him looking.

Wondering who paid the$1500. It's rare to get money out of criminals after the fact they usually have none

#63 1 year ago

You mentioned the game only has minor damage. I'm assuming cabinet scratches? Is the damage something you can live with or is that why insurance has been engaged? In any case glad this had a relatively happy resolution!

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Air tags can be easily detected.
    I'm looking into the Helium people's network and some satellite radios (https://swarm.space) .
    At this point; loaning out 1500 to get your game back is probably something worth it.
    I imagine; when the thief is charged - the op will have legal ability to recover that money.

I wouldn’t count on ever recovering a penny from a career criminal. But paying 1500 to get it back is a no brainer. Hopefully insurance pays out the 1500.

#65 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes if there any new updates I will let you guys know.

#66 1 year ago

I would love to see a photo of this machine back where it belongs.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from JSC:

a career criminal

The fact that we can put these two words together to describe someone living in our society is pretty disheartening. It paints a clear picture of our legal system.

I am glad you got your game back Sundog.

#68 1 year ago

Did he have help stealing your machine? A pinball machine does not seem like an easy thing to steal single-handedly and quickly as well.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from SuperTurbo:

Did he have help stealing your machine? A pinball machine does not seem like an easy thing to steal single-handedly and quickly as well.

The new Spike games are so light and all you need is a 5/8" wrench. Of course I know what I'm doing but under 3 minutes is all it would take.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

The new Spike games are so light and all you need is a 5/8" wrench. Of course I know what I'm doing but under 3 minutes is all it would take.

I still smh at people who use a wrench for the leg bolts. A little tape on the end of a socket and a cordless drill for the win!

#71 1 year ago

This is fantastic news. The OP did his own investigation to find the machine with very little help! I guess hard work does pay off sometimes. I hope the criminals involved are all found and punished appropriately according to the law. I have no sympathy for the criminal's hard luck story that will probably come later on. Do the crime, do the time.

#72 1 year ago

Great news. Glad to hear this guy was tracked down and your pin is in safe hands. I'm shocked he just decided to try to sell it so local like that and picked the one Pawn shop that was a guy whose interested in pins. Hopefully going forward everything works out so you can move on from this huge mess. Have a great weekend and hope you had a nice birthday!

#73 1 year ago

So glad to hear this update. BTW this criminal is an idiot (duh) lol. He's a felon with a history and he went and stole a $8-9k item? He is going to get tossed away for YEARS onces he's sentenced.

#74 1 year ago

I really dont think a common thief could steal a pinball machine without the help of someone who has had experience in breaking one down.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

So glad to hear this update. BTW this criminal is an idiot (duh) lol. He's a felon with a history and he went and stole a $8-9k item? He is going to get tossed away for YEARS onces he's sentenced.

I suspect that is the least of his thefts if career criminal.

#76 1 year ago

Congratulations and happy birthday. I also will be playing deadpool and drinking beers for my birthday this weekend.

#77 1 year ago

fifteen hundo? Did one of the fuses break or something? I'm sure it's just a bad bulb socket or a fuse. lol

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I really dont think a common thief could steal a pinball machine without the help of someone who has had experience in breaking one down.

Even if they have no idea what to do with the head, anyone with even rudimentary mechanical aptitude will notice those eight shiny legbolts. Or heck, just unplug and lift into a truck, legs on & head up. They don't care.

#79 1 year ago

So should this entered in the Pinside Market as a sale?

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

fifteen hundo? Did one of the fuses break or something? I'm sure it's just a bad bulb socket or a fuse. lol

Pawn shops commonly pay as little as 10-20% of retail. Thief surely knows this by now and was probably thrilled to pocket $1,500.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

He's a felon with a history and he went and stole a $8-9k item? He is going to get tossed away for YEARS onces he's sentenced.

I hope you are correct but if he gets a WOKE-Cancel Culture judge he'll walk with a probation plea deal.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Pawn shops commonly pay as little as 10-20% of retail. Thief surely knows this by now and was probably thrilled to pocket $1,500.

No doubt when $1500 was mentioned, it was instantly translated in the thief's brain as "I can buy XX amount of meth, yea - this is a good deal."

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Agreed. How the heck would a thief take off with a pinball machine? Would take 2 to move it with the head up, really 2 to move it unless it is broken down.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

I hope you are correct but if he gets a WOKE-Cancel Culture judge he'll walk with a probation plea deal.

True

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I would love to see a photo of this machine back where it belongs.

Something tells me the OP won’t be rushing to post photos of his stuff for the next perp to digitally case his next heist.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

How the heck would a thief take off with a pinball machine? Would take 2 to move it with the head up, really 2 to move it unless it is broken down.

Agreed, takes basically one experienced pinhead or two idiots to move a game.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Agreed, takes basically one experienced pinhead or two idiots to move a game.

That sounds like the beginnings of a good joke. How many stupid theives does it take to move a pinball machine?

#88 1 year ago

I think the thief had help, it’s a guess. According to the detective the thief’s place looked like a rummage sale full of stolen stuff.
    He has friend is what I’m told

#89 1 year ago

Good time while awaiting your game to review and act on security. Object stolen bad thing.
    Property damage= worse.
    Family hurt/ freaked out by theft in home much worse.

Lost my beloved Airedale last year. Adopted two wonderful German Shepherds. Instant security and great companions.

Enjoy the game and beerfest!

Shane

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Two guys lift a machine in the bed of a truck or trailer, drive around the corner and semi tie it down.

Why take of the legs or drop the head?

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Two guys lift a machine in the bed of a truck or trailer, drive around the corner and semi tie it down.
    Why take of the legs or drop the head?

I would bet that stupid criminals did not even know that the head would lie down or the legs would come off.
    I would also bet that they were in so much of a hurry that they did not even bother to think about it.

#92 1 year ago

Folks move pins with head up and legs on all the time. Load it in their van and split.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I would bet that stupid criminals did not even know that the head would lie down or the legs would come off.
    I would also bet that they were in so much of a hurry that they did not even bother to think about it.

You honestly think this was a spur of the moment thing.
    They thought about doing this for days and looked up info on moving too.
    Even those with greed in themselves have a plan when they follow through with stealing.
    -Mike

1 week later
    #94 1 year ago

It’s home now

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #95 1 year ago

So happy for you, how about some details if you can.
    -Mike

#96 1 year ago

Great news.

#97 1 year ago

Cheers to a happy ending! I'll be firing up my Deadpool to play along side you this evening.

#98 1 year ago

Very cool. Now you have a good excuse to let your wife let you bring it into the house.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sundog:

It’s home now
    [quoted image]

No damage or anything? They took the legs off and put the head down and all the normal pin moving stuff when they stole it and then the cops properly broke it down, took the balls out, wrapped it and returned it?

#100 1 year ago

He'll yes quite a story Once Upon a Deadpool!!!

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-deadpool-game-update-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.