Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I hate reading threads about peoples games being stolen. While we read these once in a while I always end up forgetting which game was stolen. As time goes by and my brain focuses on new releases or code updates or new mods....I forget It would be nice if Pinside could include an area on under each specific game title for stolen games. A place where people can put down the serial number of the game and location it was stolen.

It could help:
    a)users that have had their game stolen
    b)protect unknowing potential buyers of stolen games
    c)get scumbags off the street / justice

Wondering if this could be a realm of possibility for the pinside staff.

What if entering serial numbers was mandatory? While I don't wish this on anyone but it would be even easier to flag stolen games if someone would buy a game and enter the serial number only to realize that the game is stolen. Or people could search by serial at the persons house to check for confirmation. Would just be a way to protect everyone in the community.

Thoughts anyone?

#5 6 years ago

Hi Robin,
    I doubt thieves will use this site, but alot of pinsers find deals on craiglist, ebay, kijiji, online classifeds. If there was a way to easily search stolen games serial numbers database on this site, I think everyone would benefit. It doesn't have to be huge but can be positioned right beside the "On The Market" on each games page.

People could do a quick search and you could use ajax to pull the results right under. Or people could use the button below the fields and randomly check.

Created this example:

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#6 6 years ago

Apparently not Still think it's worth thinking about Robin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-database-feature?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.