butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#936 9 years ago

I have been following this post from the beginning and basically keep checking in from time to time to see if OP lets us all know how he made out. Reading through 2 things really amaze me about some of the replys.

First off a good many people question why he would leave his best machine behind instead of moving that early on. I think I would have done the same thing if I was moving. Logically the guy was moving from where he lived and felt safe into a new environment - logic would tell me I am safer somewhere I have been a while than someplace new. You know you neighbors - know the neighborhood - etc. So why would he move the most expensive stuff to the new house first?

Second - insurance companies - everyone has had different experiences with them but bottom line until you have a claim you really have no idea how things will be handled. From my experience insurance companies love getting your money but they are hell to get money out of when you have a claim regardless of type of insurance or what an agent tells you.

Bottom line is this guy lost a very expensive pin and no one will know how things turn out until he settles with his insurance company or pin is recovered (which seems highly unlikely). My bet is it became scrap metal (really sad!).

In any event hopefully OP will update us at some point. I wish him well and feel very sorry for anyone who has to deal with a loss like this.

2 weeks later
#985 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No way.
It was stolen because the thief knew exactly how much it was worth (scrappers don't break into garages).
Even in the 1 in 10,0000000000,0000 chance it was stolen on a whim, everyone has Google.

Depending on location scrapers break in to anything where they think they can get enough copper for their next drug fix. I have seen houses & garages broken into just to steal $50 worth of copper piping. I have also heard of people having their A/C units stolen from their yards while they were sleeping at night.

One thing for sure - it will be a hard machine to sell being owner knew the serial number. Kind of like stealing an original piece of art - it might be worth a ton of money but it will be a tough sell if that was their intent.

And I sure as hell would not want to have a stolen machine sitting in my collection - very risky all the way around!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.