butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jake35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

$20,000,...no legs,,,,shrink wrapped. Stolen from a garage, guy was moving. Friend told him to hold it, then disappeared....Put on the curb and sick of it....slurring and rambling....we where able to get an address by the number...can’t remember. Was a crazy ordeal. Should have got it for. $500....think I offer 5...then he rambled on about $20,000,...no BS.

It's probably rotting away in a landfill if someone put in a curb, city may have hauled off to the dump. Shame if true, maybe it will surface someday if it's not been disposed of. Question is if it does what happens then? Wouldn't it technically be the property of the insurance company or is it "finders keepers" at that point.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Even if the machine turns up it’s kind of tainted at this point. It’s serial numbered after all.
Technically at this point if the machine actually does surfaces the insurance company is the legal owner as they paid out on the claim.
That said, an insurance company has no desire to own a rare pin.
They would liquidate it to recoup their loss if contacted. Hard to say what they would do. Perhaps contact the owner to see if he wanted it, perhaps auction it etc.

I can't remember but I think the serial number is only on the instruction card plate on mine, if so and that's disposed of not sure how to tell who owned it before or prove history of it. I could be mistaken but I don't recall anywhere it's located. Maybe on the inside of the cab?

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Maybe so.
I’m just saying that “as is” or “as was” whatever the case may be the serial number has issues going forward that would have to be sorted out before it could trade openly.
I’ve had a couple of insurance claims over the years where items were stolen in transit and I collected on the insurance.
In two cases the items resurfaced and the insurance company was made aware and sold the items back to (thankfully at a discounted rate). Either way it cleared the title of ownership as title doesn’t legally transfer on stolen property.

no I agree, I wouldn't touch it unless the owner could show paperwork where it was settled with the insurance company. Otherwise they would have legal claim to it, as they should.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jake35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston?tu=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.