butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Assuming he filed a police report when it was stolen with details like the serial number, he could show up to "check it out" with the cops in tow, couldn't he? :shrug:

Of course he could. But that's assuming that the CL ad was actually posted by the thieves. I know many criminals aren't exactly smart, but that would be pretty f'in stupid even for them.

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If the police are involved, they will not send the victim into a thieves den to scope it out or them. They'll send an undercover officer. The victim should not and probably will not come face to face with the thieves.

I hope you are right. If the thieves don't get prosecuted, they could remember his face and/or name and seek him out later on for retribution. Let's hope the police use an undercover guy. Also hope they film this on "Cops"! Wouldn't that be a hoot?! Maybe tonight we can get a report that the police busted these guys . . . "Book-em Dano!"

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pretty sure Patty J posted that ad.

While I get you're trying to be funny, probably not the best idea to joke about who posted the ad since this is a serious matter currently unfolding.

#404 9 years ago

Mike lives in a WAAAAAAAAAY nicer place than that.

#405 9 years ago

Alright, I have purchased the pin for $4K cash.

$500 less that the original price from IPB.

Guys knew nothing about pinball, but seemed pretty cool. I showed them that their pin was a remake, and was not worth $30,000

Still in good shape.

bbb.jpgbbb.jpg bbb01.jpgbbb01.jpg
#406 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Of course he could. But that's assuming that the CL ad was actually posted by the thieves. I know many criminals aren't exactly smart, but that would be pretty f'in stupid even for them.

Considering the ad was "big bang pin ball", like the backglass says, rather than "big bang bar pinball", and that they were unfamiliar with its worth seems to indicate that they are ignorant as to what they have.

#407 9 years ago

Quoted from vid1900:Alright, I have purchased the pin for $4K cash.
Guys knew nothing about pinball, but seemed pretty cool. I showed them that their pin was a remake, and was not worth $30,000
Still in good shape.

Awesome. Can I see the 5 better.

bbb.jpg 230 KB

bbb01.jpg 50 KB

#408 9 years ago

Whats on the name plate? ..............................

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Still in good shape.

Wait, what?

#410 9 years ago

Loosen up those glasses Clark, we're all hoping for a happy ending here.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Considering the ad was "big bang Pin Ball", like the backglass says, rather than "big bang bar pinball", and that they were unfamiliar with its worth seems to indicate that they are ignorant as to what they have.

People posted exactly that in this very thread before that CL ad ever appeared! So anyone who wanted to post that CL ad as a prank used the very language that people said the thieves would probably use right here in this thread.

#412 9 years ago

I think the whole thing stinks. I honestly have a feeling someone is f'in with the OP and this a bogus ad on craigslist. I really wish craigslist would require you to leave a contact phone number for ads. I know of some up here in Dallas that have posted bogus ads before as their idea of cheap entertainment...and obviously too much time on their hands.

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Loosen up those glasses Clark, we're all hoping for a happy ending here.

I never said anything otherwise. I'm rooting for the happy return of the machine as well.

#414 9 years ago

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. First of all, some thieves happen to have the right equipment and manpower to steal a pin right out of a garage just at the right time. The have no idea of the value and don't even spell it correctly. They also leave another pin there right next to it, but take the time to steal a bed and some chain link fence. They then post immediatly on craigslist, find out the "real" value and expect someone to meet them in public and fork over 11 grand without laying eyes on the machine or even seeing pictures.
something is not right here

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

People posted exactly that in this very thread before that CL ad ever appeared! So anyone who wanted to post that CL ad as a prank used the very language that people said the thieves would probably use right here in this thread.

I kind of thought the same thing. The exact same wording from earlier in the thread.

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Color me an idiot but what is "the OP"

Original Poster.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Still in good shape.

bbb.jpg 230 KB

bbb01.jpg 50 KB

Dude!!!!!!!!!

I did not have time to read the whole thread, but if it's in good shape, you practically robbed those guys!

#419 9 years ago

he keeds he keeds

#420 9 years ago

Probably not a good time to joke around.
Serious matters are unfolding.
Tell em Clark.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Serious matters are unfolding

#423 9 years ago

I was just gonna say the same thing mighy odd the price is quickly dropping, hope for a happy ending

#424 9 years ago

The CL ad must be a joke or the dumbest thieves ever. They want someone to show up in a public place so they can get a sick laugh out of it. Odds are the machine is stashed somewhere. Stolen by someone who knew about it and its value.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. First of all, some thieves happen to have the right equipment and manpower to steal a pin right out of a garage just at the right time. The have no idea of the value and don't even spell it correctly. They also leave another pin there right next to it, but take the time to steal a bed and some chain link fence. They then post immediatly on craigslist, find out the "real" value and expect someone to meet them in public and fork over 11 grand without laying eyes on the machine or even seeing pictures.
something is not right here

From my understanding BBB was packed and ready to go. The other pin was still setup. So it's very easily conceivable that two thieves not knowing what the pin is worth or how to transport one to just grab the already packed one and leave the other.

#426 9 years ago

Did vid really convince them it was a remake?

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

I was just gonna say the same thing mighy odd the price is quickly dropping, hope for a happy ending

I'm still curious about what vid posted. I'm still missing something between that, the serial number plate, and the ad's price change.

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm still curious about what vid posted. I'm still missing something between that, the serial number plate, and the ad's price change.

Vid's is #133 with some convenient "glare."

#429 9 years ago

Why is no one driving to bungalow lane with a baseball bat?

#430 9 years ago

I really hope this is real, They catch the thief, and the owner gets his pin back.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

From my understanding BBB was packed and ready to go. The other pin was still setup. So it's very easily conceivable that two thieves not knowing what the pin is worth or how to transport one to just grab the already packed one and leave the other.

Its still a 300 pound machine. You have to have the manpower and/or equipment, plus the right transportation. What were they prepared for, a safe? Then why go after bed and fence. It would have taken same amount of time to grab the other pin. I'm just saying, they had to be prepared or they are the luckiest thieves ever to happen on a $20,000 machine

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I think because Vid drove there with $4k.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Did vid really convince them it was a remake?

At 6' 7" he is very convincing.

#434 9 years ago

Looks like a 153!

#435 9 years ago

The other pin HH is a hundred pounds heavier, larger triple level WB, and had it legs on. Twice as hard or more to move and is only worth what like $3k so not in any sense like BBB.

However it seems to me to be a targeted theft most likely.

Quoted from jesster64:

Its still a 300 pound machine. You have to have the manpower and/or equipment, plus the right transportation. What were they prepared for, a safe? Then why go after bed and fence. It would have taken same amount of time to grab the other pin. I'm just saying, they had to be prepared or they are the luckiest thieves ever to happen on a $20,000 machine

#436 9 years ago

OP took this machine to the 2013 Texas Pinball Festival. I know he will he happy to have this machine back.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

because we're talking about a pinball machine mumber one. I would think no pinball machine in the world is worth someone getting hurt.
number two, at $20,000, this is now a major crime with real jail time involved, something the thieves would probably like to avoid and could possibly involve guns.
number 3, "moving: is a bs excuse used to justify why they are selling machine instead of saying "just stole machine, need to unload" so probably not their house

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

The other pin HH is a hundred pounds heavier, larger triple level WB, and had it legs on. Twice as hard or more to move and is only worth what like $3k so not in any sense like BBB.
However it seems to me to be a targeted theft most likely.

exactly, they must have known what they were going after, left the $3000 machine, and grabbed bed and fence as smokescreen.

I hope op gets machine back, crooks are in jail, and everything works out. but this story has taken bizarro twist with the cl ad and talk of guns and hanging.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

No idea which house its in.

No idea what vehicle its in.

No idea how many guns, bats, or people are in the sellers house.

You're bringing over $11,000 in cash to the hood...shit will go down.

#440 9 years ago

ad has changed a little - last line was added. Still looks to be $11,000.

sorry about image.

HPD will likely not take the time to get involved with this any time soon, imho. We got some dumber-n-dirt criminals down here, but don't think they would show their exact neighborhood on Craigslist.

Post edited by PMcGee: more info

#441 9 years ago

This is like that episode of the Twilight Zone where they conducted tests in each state and got the same results each time...

If this is all real, I hope that the OP gets his machine back.

#442 9 years ago

I am betting the for sale ad is someones idea of a joke

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Still in good shape.

bbb.jpg 230 KB

bbb01.jpg 50 KB

Um... why aren't people all over this post? Did you seriously just buy the stolen machine??

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Um... why aren't people all over this post? Did you seriously just buy the stolen machine??

image-556.jpgimage-556.jpg

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

#446 9 years ago

The house in the pic Brock posted is not very ghetto. Driveway needs fixed sure, but that aint ghetto. I grew up in a lot worse than that, as Im sure we have all seen worse.
I have a hard time believing anyone, even a couple dumb ass 17 year old punks, could be..this stupid.

#447 9 years ago

That must be the north side of MLK.

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That must be the north side of MLK.

And if you know your MLK Blvd's in any given town, you know they have some interesting people living around them.

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

And if you know your MLK Blvd's in any given town, you know they have some interesting people living around them.

All joking aside, that seems true in every city I've been in.

#450 9 years ago

A lof of times with CL, unless someone posts their specific address, it will just default to the zip code from where it was posted. Then, the "pin" that gets dropped on the corresponding map defaults to the geographic center of that zip code. Nothing more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.