butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Rest assured that Houston pinsiders are on the case!

I know you are. Don't mess with Texas.

#352 9 years ago

Yep. A Houston person is trying ot offer to buy it to get seller information now.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Color me an idiot but what is "the OP"

Original Poster

#354 9 years ago

Been emailing back and forth and they wont send pics but said it looks new and someone is coming to look at it .they seem not to know much about pinball it dam well is the one in question. I really hope the person that is coming to see it is a pinsider or the owner .

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Color me an idiot but what is "the OP"

You're not an idiot. OP is the Original Poster, the person who started this thread.
And I hope he gets his game back, and the slimy thieves go to jail.

#356 9 years ago

This is either the worst taste "joke" in Pinside history or the thieves:

1) Not greatest part of town
2) Language makes them sound dumb = thieves. Dumb people can't afford BBB.
3) Fencing item for fraction of value (because why do they care?)
4) Want it gone fast

Hopefully OP has the cops on this already.

#357 9 years ago

I got this from them: No address will meet in public because worth too much too risk BS. Meeting someone at Chikfila in Sawyer tonight so won't be around in morning.

#358 9 years ago

Ya'll do realize that the more you contact them, the greater the chance they'll get spooked and run off?

#359 9 years ago

That is a pretty rough area of Houston. I don't know that I would want to drive over there knocking on doors with much cash in my pocket. The fact they are quoting Bing and prices - maybe this is the one that was stolen, or else it's a really twisted prankster.

Listing it as a "pin ball" will maybe keep it from being robo-flagged by the Houston Craigslist pinball flagger. Don't think any ad has lasted more than a couple of hours this week.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ya'll do realize that the more you contact them, the greater the chance they'll get spooked and run off?

Eh, anytime something on CL is listed low the poster gets slammed. Can we confirm it is a pinsider or OP that is the one meeting in Sawyer? It would just be a relief to the community in general I think to know this is handled by someone who is in the know that it is a hot game.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

That is a pretty rough area of Houston. I don't know that I would want to drive over there knocking on doors with much cash in my pocket. The fact they are quoting Bing and prices - maybe this is the one that was stolen, or else it's a really twisted prankster.
Listing it as a "pin ball" will maybe keep it from being robo-flagged by the Houston Craigslist pinball flagger. Don't think any ad has lasted more than a couple of hours this week.

I know! I had to search Big Bang to find it as Pinball didn't pull it up.

#362 9 years ago

I agree with Ben; we as a community need to back off and let this get resolved. I'm sure the Police have been alerted.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I agree with Ben; we as a community need to back off and let this get resolved. I'm sure the Police have been alerted.

Completely agree!!

#364 9 years ago

If I was here in NY, I might be scared, but in Texas you put your gun on your hip and walk right up in there. I'm sure the locals that are looking for this will dish out some Texas justice, and I hope they do.

#365 9 years ago

untitled.pnguntitled.png

#366 9 years ago

Some random community member liberating that game isn't going to look much better than when the thieves stole it in the first place.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Anytime there is a deal on a pinball that person gets bombarded with emails so nothing unusual there

#368 9 years ago

sooo they expect someone to show up in public, in bad part of town, with 11 grand, without ever seeing the machine? Tread lightly, don't scare them away. Definitely have police involved. As someone posted earlier, its a major crime because they know machine is worth 11 grand now.

#369 9 years ago

Regardless of what anyone thinks, no one is going to be barging in with a gun and saving the day. Local pinsiders are trying to get contact info and a location to pass on to the OP and police.

Life is not a western and not every Texan walks around with a revolver eager to dispense justice like the media would have you believe.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Some random community member liberating that game isn't going to look much better than when the thieves stole it in the first place.

As long as the owner gets it back it will. Screw thieves. If more people got together and stood up against people like this, the next guy will think twice about it. Haven't you seen Batman?

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Completely agree!!

Quoted from NextoPin:

If I was here in NY, I might be scared, but in Texas you put your gun on your hip and walk right up in there. I'm sure the locals that are looking for this will dish out some Texas justice, and I hope they do.

I hope you are kidding. Do you think we are a bunch of idiots who run around looking for a gunfight? No one wants to shoot anyone. Well, sane people don't want to kill anyone and we certainly don't go running somewhere with a drawn gun looking for trouble. Come in my house without knocking and that is another story.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

sooo they expect someone to show up in public, in bad part of town, with 11 grand, without ever seeing the machine? Tread lightly, don't scare them away. Definitely have police involved. As someone posted earlier, its a major crime because they know machine is worth 11 grand now.

Excellent point. Has anyone confirmed the theft of this pin?

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I hope you are kidding. Do you think we are a bunch of idiots who run around looking for a gunfight? No one wants to shoot anyone. Well, sane people don't want to kill anyone and we certainly don't go running somewhere with a drawn gun looking for trouble. Come in my house without knocking and that is another story.

I was just talking about too many people contacting the guy. Nothing else. I have my gun if we need a posse

#374 9 years ago

Well in that case, Im in. If a bunch of people want to go acting like idiots then include me That is a bad part of town, all Houston is a shithole, I wouldn't go over there without a tank or a whole bunch of people.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I'm not saying anyone should be killed, and nowhere did I mention drawing a weapon, I'm just sayin that in Texas you can carry, and walking into a situation with a loaded sidearm holstered makes a difference.

If I had a BBB and was in Texas and you took it from my house and I was able to find you, I'm pretty sure nobody else ever would. just sayin.

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I hope you are kidding. Do you think we are a bunch of idiots who run around looking for a gunfight? No one wants to shoot anyone. Well, sane people don't want to kill anyone and we certainly don't go running somewhere with a drawn gun looking for trouble.

(3 minutes later)

Quoted from KingNine:

I have my gun if we need a posse

Quoted from zr11990:

Well in that case, Im in. If a bunch of people want to go acting like idiots then include me That is a bad part of town, all Houston is a shithole, I wouldn't go over there without a tank or a whole bunch of people.

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

(3 minutes later)

Its called humor.

#378 9 years ago

Ad states that he is moving which could be wrong but this house is for sale on the street that might be his. ONLY A GUESS!!! 5136 Bungalow Lane, Houston, TX

image.jpgimage.jpg

#379 9 years ago

Yes I was joking

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

The silence from the OP is suspicious. I certainly hope this is not. Or isn't someone else on here. Regardless, they added an address, either intentionally or unintentionally.

Quoted from RobT:

OP has made 2 posts in this whole thread.

Hello? OP--things seem to be happnin'--anyone home?

#381 9 years ago

I posed the question on the Houston FB page and many many people know him and said he just isn't a social media kind of guy.

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ad states that he is moving which could be wrong but this house is for sale on the street that might be his. ONLY A GUESS!!! 5136 Bungalow Lane, Houston, TX

image.jpg 100 KB

why are you posting pictures of the OP's home?

(edit: never mind, it's a possible address from the craigslist ad)

#383 9 years ago

More humor.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

why are you posting pictures of the OP's home?

How do u get that???

#385 9 years ago

I do know the OP and he definately is a great friend. He has a busy life so please forgive him for he does not live on Pinside. Seems like he will be getting his machine back. I can't believe it was posted so soon after the theft.

Thanks for all for the positive thoughts.

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How do u get that???

oh is that the address from the craigslist ad? it wasn't clear. never mind.

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I do know the OP and he definately is a great friend. He has a busy life so please forgive him for he does not live on Pinside. Seems like he will be getting his machine back. I can't believe it was posted so soon after the theft.

Like most thieves stupid and greedy, what's not to believe?

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

why are you posting pictures of the OP's home

Read the thread instead of jumping to conclusions and throwing out wild accusations.

houston.craigslist.org link

There is the CL ad that people think is of the stolen pinball machine. In the add it clearly states that he wants to sell quickly as he is MOVING. Individuals used the map on the CL ad to find a house for sale on that street.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

oh is that the address from the craigslist ad? it wasn't clear. never mind.

It's all good. This could be the guys house that has the BBB. I NARROWED it down to this street. This house is for sale. Who knows. Wish I could help more.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What makes you think he's getting his machine back?

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Read the thread instead of jumping to conclusions and throwing out wild accusations.

no need to be a dick about it. i've followed the whole thread - merely misinterpreted a post.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It's all good. This could be the guys house that has the BBB. I NARROWED it down to this street. This house is for sale. Who knows. Wish I could help more.

That house was for sale when google street view went by. Who the heck knows when that was. Not like it matters, the "I need to sell fast because I'm moving" is BS anyway.

Quoted from RobT:

What makes you think he's getting his machine back?

Assuming he filed a police report when it was stolen with details like the serial number, he could show up to "check it out" with the cops in tow, couldn't he? :shrug:

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

houston.craigslist.org link
There is the CL ad that people think is of the stolen pinball machine. In the add it clearly states that he wants to sell quickly as he is MOVING. Individuals used the map on the CL ad to find a house for sale on that street.

...yet they didn't want to meet there, rather in public.

Which means it isn't their house.

#394 9 years ago

oh man, this is gonna be interesting.

i hope it's the machine, can't wait to hear more from the op or whoever is going to meet this guy.

#396 9 years ago

Hopefully we get some sort of resolution

#397 9 years ago

The suspense is killing me...does the OP know what's going on?

Also, the company that I work for has a startup accelerator program that helps startups get ground and one of the companies we helped is called: http://www.thetrackr.com/ He put this device on his bicycle, it was stolen and he was able to track it to a random guys house and got it back!!! Maybe not a bad idea to hide these on our prized pins!

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

oh is that the address from the craigslist ad? it wasn't clear. never mind

Quoted from Skyemont:

Ad states that he is moving

Yes, he was

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That house was for sale when google street view went by. Who the heck knows when that was. Not like it matters, the "I need to sell fast because I'm moving" is BS anyway.

Assuming he filed a police report when it was stolen with details like the serial number, he could show up to "check it out" with the cops in tow, couldn't he? :shrug:

If the police are involved, they will not send the victim into a thieves den to scope it out or them. They'll send an undercover officer. The victim should not and probably will not come face to face with the thieves. Good luck to the OP, god I hope this has a happy ending for team justice.

#400 9 years ago

Pretty sure Patty J posted that ad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.