butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 21.
#951 9 years ago

We will never hear

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I keep checking this thread hoping to hear some good news.

Ditto

#953 9 years ago

Well, without an update pretty soon...it's gonna go SDTM....

#954 9 years ago

An update: Yesterday I settled with the insurance company. They offered me what I considered a fair offer after I threw their initial one back along with a list of a half dozen pinball companies who provided written estimates on the value of a BBB. In the end the settlement was what the last couple BBBs sold for minus the $2500 deductible. I did have plenty of documentation and photos of the game to prove condition, including photos of it being opened NIB when I purchased it.

If the game turns up with police (which I doubt will happen - more luck of it being found by a pinsider) the insurance company somehow will be notified, and I will (supposedly) get first shot at buying it back. At least that is the way the adjuster explained it to me. And in lessons learned, I'll be taking a lot more photos of the rest of my collection to prove condition, from A-listers to the dogs.

Not sure how all this will affect my premiums, but it was, in the end, a relatively painless process. Gut wrenching at times, sure, but painless.

I hope none of you ever have to go through it.

Thanks for all the concern - I love this community.

Mike

#955 9 years ago

wow.
glad to hear you got some level of closure with it.
hey, at least now you have space & cash for the new Alien or TBL

#956 9 years ago

Good deal! And good job keeping records.

#957 9 years ago

glad to hear at least that much of positive resolve ........but I'm still hoping for you to get that Baby back someday & soon too

#958 9 years ago

Be sure to also put up security cameras everywhere and hide the DVR or NVR someplace safe.

#959 9 years ago

Coulda been worse, man. Coulda been worse. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

#960 9 years ago

Glad this was resolved, though I'm sorry you had to go through it

#961 9 years ago

Glad it was settled for you Mike.

Just for the other guys reading, with my collection the insurance company has a list of my machines and values. I have insurance to cover what they owe me in case of total loss (theft, fire, disaster)

Something I learned many years ago, with everything - not just insurance ... Get every deal you do written out in black and white so if there is any problem down the line, you have it all there in front of you, and all parties are on the same page.

Hope that info can help people out down the track.

rd.

#962 9 years ago

I was wondering if you are going to replace it with another BBB or are you totally bummed ? It reminds me of when my ATC got stollen and I just said forget it

#963 9 years ago

I was hoping to hear it was recovered. I am glad you were able to settle with the insurance company for an amount that was fair.

Thanks for the update on the resolution.

#964 9 years ago

What bugs me is there is a likelihood that the a$$hole that made off with this OR now has it in his possession is reading this thread now.

#965 9 years ago

Glad this was taken care of. I still hope the machine turns up somewhere...

#966 9 years ago

Glad to hear this was taken care of! I've been checking this thread every time it got bumped.

#967 9 years ago

Awesome to hear. Although I imagine getting the BBB back in perfect condition would have been the best outcome.

#968 9 years ago

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.....

#969 9 years ago

Sooner or later this game will turn up. What happens when it does depends upon who finds it...

#970 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Sooner or later this game will turn up. What happens when it does depends upon who finds it...

Hard to keep a BBB hidden forever. Just takes one person to notice the # and then whoever bought it will be SOL.

#971 9 years ago

#153, folks. commit it to memory. you never know.

#972 9 years ago

Congrats on the insurance $$$ without issues. Hopefully your game will show up in the future... I'm sure this thread will ignite when it does.

#973 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

#153, folks. commit it to memory. you never know

every time I even just think about BBB the # 153 pops into my head

#974 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What bugs me is there is a likelihood that the a$$hole that made off with this OR now has it in his possession is reading this thread now.

Just what I was thinking , kind of makes you want to throttle his neck.

#975 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.....

Ask for Jake

#976 9 years ago

Why ask for Jake? He sounds hideous.

#977 9 years ago

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open. Hope it finds it way back to you OP. I had the pleasure of playing a BBB at expo for the first time and showing it to the ol' girlfriend. Definitely a cool and fun machine.

#978 9 years ago

Hope it doesn't pop up for sale from a clueless genuine buyer who got screwed buying it from the real thieves. That situation can turn ugly, fast.

#979 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hard to keep a BBB hidden forever. Just takes one person to notice the # and then whoever bought it will be SOL.

The person who stole it knows it's value and I'm sure has had a trophy shop make a new plate with new number.

#980 9 years ago

Never underestimate the stupidity of a thief- anyone for that matter.

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The person who stole it knows it's value and I'm sure has had a trophy shop make a new plate with new number.

my fear is that it is now someone's "cool coffee table"

#982 9 years ago

Great to hear you got resolution. Hope the BBB turns up soon and in good shape still...

#983 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

my fear is that it is now someone's "cool coffee table"

No way.

It was stolen because the thief knew exactly how much it was worth (scrappers don't break into garages).

Even in the 1 in 10,0000000000,0000 chance it was stolen on a whim, everyone has Google.

#984 9 years ago

Congrats on the monetary recovery OP!

What insurance company?

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No way.
It was stolen because the thief knew exactly how much it was worth (scrappers don't break into garages).
Even in the 1 in 10,0000000000,0000 chance it was stolen on a whim, everyone has Google.

Depending on location scrapers break in to anything where they think they can get enough copper for their next drug fix. I have seen houses & garages broken into just to steal $50 worth of copper piping. I have also heard of people having their A/C units stolen from their yards while they were sleeping at night.

One thing for sure - it will be a hard machine to sell being owner knew the serial number. Kind of like stealing an original piece of art - it might be worth a ton of money but it will be a tough sell if that was their intent.

And I sure as hell would not want to have a stolen machine sitting in my collection - very risky all the way around!

#986 9 years ago

serials are nearly useless on a pin, being on sticker that can disappear easily. unless they UV'd it like TZ they are removeable

#987 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Not sure how all this will affect my premiums

I am curious how this will affect your premiums as well.

5 years later
#988 3 years ago

I was offered this BBB on CL a few years ago...On Craigslist. I declined, he said it given to him stolen. Folded with no legs, shrink wrapped. Person was in the process of moving and had it stolen from his property, midmove... The guy I was communicating with sounded highly medicated at the time but I thought it was a police sting operation.... He said he was sick of it and was going to put it on the street for the trash to take away....

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I was offered this BBB on CL a few years ago...On Craigslist. I declined, he said it given to him stolen. Folded with no legs, shrink wrapped. Person was in the process of moving and had it stolen from his property, midmove... The guy I was communicating with sounded highly medicated at the time but I thought it was a police sting operation.... He said he was sick of it and was going to put it on the street for the trash to take away....

WTH! Get the OP in here!

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

WTH! Get the OP in here!

Quoted from Gorgar666:

a few years ago

Probably long gone by this point...

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

A few years ago or 5 years ago?? Are you saying this resurfaced years after being stolen??

#992 3 years ago

The thief has probaly been reading this thread the whole time,and maybe even posted a responce here ,thats the disturbing part

#993 3 years ago

The owner was notified, but he long haves had a settlement from what I understand . He wanted to have nothing to do with the resurface. Dude sounded drunk or smoked out....he said “make me an offer”...he keep repeating that it didn’t have the legs....this was about 4-5 years ago.

#994 3 years ago

$20,000,...no legs,,,,shrink wrapped. Stolen from a garage, guy was moving. Friend told him to hold it, then disappeared....Put on the curb and sick of it....slurring and rambling....we where able to get an address by the number...can’t remember. Was a crazy ordeal. Should have got it for. $500....think I offer 5...then he rambled on about $20,000,...no BS.

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

$20,000,...no legs,,,,shrink wrapped. Stolen from a garage, guy was moving. Friend told him to hold it, then disappeared....Put on the curb and sick of it....slurring and rambling....we where able to get an address by the number...can’t remember. Was a crazy ordeal. Should have got it for. $500....think I offer 5...then he rambled on about $20,000,...no BS.

It's probably rotting away in a landfill if someone put in a curb, city may have hauled off to the dump. Shame if true, maybe it will surface someday if it's not been disposed of. Question is if it does what happens then? Wouldn't it technically be the property of the insurance company or is it "finders keepers" at that point.

#996 3 years ago

Even if the machine turns up it’s kind of tainted at this point. It’s serial numbered after all.

Technically at this point if the machine actually does surfaces the insurance company is the legal owner as they paid out on the claim.

That said, an insurance company has no desire to own a rare pin.
They would liquidate it to recoup their loss if contacted. Hard to say what they would do. Perhaps contact the owner to see if he wanted it, perhaps auction it etc.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Even if the machine turns up it’s kind of tainted at this point. It’s serial numbered after all.
Technically at this point if the machine actually does surfaces the insurance company is the legal owner as they paid out on the claim.
That said, an insurance company has no desire to own a rare pin.
They would liquidate it to recoup their loss if contacted. Hard to say what they would do. Perhaps contact the owner to see if he wanted it, perhaps auction it etc.

I can't remember but I think the serial number is only on the instruction card plate on mine, if so and that's disposed of not sure how to tell who owned it before or prove history of it. I could be mistaken but I don't recall anywhere it's located. Maybe on the inside of the cab?

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I can't remember but I think the serial number is only on the instruction card plate on mine? if so and that's disposed of not sure how to tell who owned it before or prove history of it.

Maybe so.
I’m just saying that “as is” or “as was” whatever the case may be the serial number has issues going forward that would have to be sorted out before it could trade openly.

I’ve had a couple of insurance claims over the years where items were stolen in transit and I collected on the insurance.
In two cases the items resurfaced and the insurance company was made aware and sold the items back to (thankfully at a discounted rate). Either way it cleared the title of ownership as title doesn’t legally transfer on stolen property.

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Maybe so.
I’m just saying that “as is” or “as was” whatever the case may be the serial number has issues going forward that would have to be sorted out before it could trade openly.
I’ve had a couple of insurance claims over the years where items were stolen in transit and I collected on the insurance.
In two cases the items resurfaced and the insurance company was made aware and sold the items back to (thankfully at a discounted rate). Either way it cleared the title of ownership as title doesn’t legally transfer on stolen property.

no I agree, I wouldn't touch it unless the owner could show paperwork where it was settled with the insurance company. Otherwise they would have legal claim to it, as they should.

#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I can't remember but I think the serial number is only on the instruction card plate on mine, if so and that's disposed of not sure how to tell who owned it before or prove history of it. I could be mistaken but I don't recall anywhere it's located. Maybe on the inside of the cab?

It’s stamped on the back of the cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.