Topic Stats

• 987 posts
  • 308 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by captainadam_21
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Stuart.jpg
good hands.jpg
jack-handey-1.jpg
download (2).jpg
IMAG4894.jpg
download-191.jpg
image-800.jpg
download.jpg
butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg

There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

His home owners policy will cover the value. He will have to fight but he will get it.
The thief doesn't know what he has, chances are someone is getting a bbb for $500 lol

The thief knows. 90% of all burglaries are done by someone you know. My bet....Inside job.

#52 5 years ago

wow. hope you find them and get to break every finger off.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Did u have any movers or other outside folks in your house in the last couple weeks? Somebody new you were moving and worked an inside job after eyeing up a few items they wanted??

I agree that is a possibility. Another possible way is that someone nearby that drives that street regularly/occasionally had noticed recent moving activity and saw inside the garage when driving by one day. Then scoped out for time window to give an opportunity to come back and make the heist.

I recall the theft story in Jersey or PA the owner eventually got his machine back through word of mouth channels (more to the story than that). It turned out that it was some guys that lived nearby, but were not friends/neighbors.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

We were in the middle of a move to a new house, and I had already moved 20 of the pins via Uhaul. BBB was folded and wrapped to be delivered by car so as to not scuff it up. The only other game was a Haunted House set up on legs: they didn't touch that.
They did steal a pretty valuable antique bed, some tools, and (strange) all the chain link gates around the backyard. Scrap metal I guess. That why I'm afraid they will scrap the game for copper or something stupid along those lines.

Be sure to contact all local scrap yards and pawn shops within a 50 mile radius if possible. I'd call on friends to help. Form a call list and knock it out.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

His home owners policy will cover the value. He will have to fight but he will get it.
The thief doesn't know what he has, chances are someone is getting a bbb for $500 lol

Yea, but what is his deductible? Mine is $5k.

#56 5 years ago

Some of you guys on other forums should re-post this. Even the video groups etc.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Be sure to contact all local scrap yards and pawn shops within a 50 mile radius if possible.

Agreed, but since it is Houston area, I suggest a much larger radius, even though this creates much more effort on your part. May be worth it, as BBB is valuable. Only problem is if certain employee of a certain pawn shop is not a straight up person. But don't let that discourage you. Got to try several avenues/methods to get it back.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Anyone else scared of DeathHimself?

Not me, he is a nice guy! (well sometimes anyway)

Now let's find this douchebag folks, they can only keep it for themselves and stay underground with and not tell a soul about it or only attempt to sell it to one of us at some point. We are a small community of hobbyist and this will come by one of us.

Just my thoughts here but most likely this was taken for resale purposes so watch for a defaced BBB popping up ( or even BBB parts listing going up), what the hell good is it getting a machine that you cannot bring folks over to appreciate with you? The thief could never justify where it came from that easily when only 191 units were made and they are hardly ever up for sale especially without someone to support they sold it to them.

Reposted to facebook Pinball Enthusiasts Group

#59 5 years ago

OP, sorry about this, I hope you do end up tracking this down, and reporting to the police when you find out the # / address of who is trying to sell this.

I have a friend who had a stolen motorcyle, and was able to recover it by waiting for it to be listed on craigslist, identifying the bike, then reporting it to the police. This may be possible in this case if you play your cards right...

But, I'm sitting here wondering about whether this thread will help the thieves or not.

Positive: It gets the word out to a large fraction of the people who might see this come up for sale and report it to you
Negative: If the thief googles "stolen big bang bar houston", this thread will show up, warning them that they may have a high likelihood of getting tracked down if they post this for sale anywhere near houston any time soon.

OP, it may be better to keep posting of this to non-googleable forums like non-public visible facebook groups, and request pinside admins to delete this post ASAP.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The thief knows. 90% of all burglaries are done by someone you know. My bet....Inside job.

I doubted that statistic once.............I got robbed 3 times..........I was a fool............It was a friend

#61 5 years ago

If it gets sold by the thief to a non-pinball fan, then it will likely get sold for much less than what it is really capable of being sold for. Then at sometime in the future the person that bought it from the thief may decide to sell it on CL, ebay, other, and THEN true owner or one of us may see this machine come up for sale. That seller may not even know he is selling a stolen machine. Hope this story has a good ending, but time table could be anywhere from 1 day to 10 years.

#62 5 years ago

Dude, this really sucks. I suspect a police report will help with both insurance and potential recovery. Don't forget to include the serial number in the police report if you can - will help prove it's yours if it's recovered.

#63 5 years ago

This sucks. Houston has a great pinball community. What a black eye this piece of shit is giving us. I may not have many connections here but I promise if I ever come across it, it will be returned.

#64 5 years ago

well check here https://offerupnow.com/ this is similar to craiglist free to post here also.

#65 5 years ago

terrible news...hope it surfaces!

I think I would have made sure that one was in the garage the least amount of time possible and moved it first.

#67 5 years ago

Bump. Damn this sucks. Everyone keep a eye out on CL, EBay, Pinball Classifieds. I am so sorry this happened to u.

#68 5 years ago

Sorry Mike. My house in Humble was broken into when I moved out. Luckily I had all my games out. My business has been vandalized twice in the last 2 months by people stealing copper. Thieves coming out of the woodwork here in Houston.

Anyway, hope you get it back.

#69 5 years ago

could turn up anywhere...we all will scan CL and other sites in our local area...not that it makes you feel better but a BBB is much easier to identify than if they had stolen a MM, ATM, and TOTAN...worth the same but easier do sell on the down low...

I sent op post to everybody I know...It will turn up

#70 5 years ago

Im so sorry this happened to you. Ill help keep this bumped until its found. Try to stay positive!

#71 5 years ago

Some one go on the local Craigslist and post wtb bbb might find the idiot

#72 5 years ago

hmmm anyone want to buy a mona lisa! Ok maybe not that rare however rare enough to eventually turn up. Sorry for your loss, hold tight the bastards will be caught

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I doubted that statistic once.............I got robbed 3 times..........I was a fool............It was a friend

I had a neighbor get robbed 3 times by the same "friend". I told him who it was. He refused to believe. 3rd time well the thief took checks from him and wrote a series of checks for $8k; $7k; $7k and $2k. $24k in all. I finally told my neighbor someone is going to die. Only until this happen did if finally get dealt with.

In this case; there is a good possibility the scum bag is reading this.

I feel deeply sorry for Mike F. who is such a great guy. He does not deserve any of this crap.

#74 5 years ago

Sorry to hear. LMK if I can shake down the ins co for you (obviously no charge). Price has been established--quite recently--on Pinside.

#75 5 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Truly terrible.

#76 5 years ago

The good news is that he got room for another pin now.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Some one go on the local Craigslist and post wtb bbb might find the idiot

Yes, but just keep it generic and say "want to buy pinball machines, any condition, cash paid", or something similar to that.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

might be too soon for a comment like this....

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Your an ass.....This is the most ridiculous comment I have seen in many years. Not much of a joke.

#80 5 years ago

More ridiculous then getting a BBB stolen from your garage?

Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Your an ass.....This is the most ridiculous comment I have seen in many years. Not much of a joke.

#81 5 years ago

Very sorry to hear this, and hope they catch the scumbags that did this.....

Pisses me off the more I think about it....they took more than your machine, they violated your home!!!

Have a bad feeling ( hopefully wrong) that RobT's theory could be right....they knew what they wanted, and took the other stuff to just throw you off....a sad reality/ possibility......very well could be someone you know, or has played your machine in the past....I'll keep an eye in my little corner of the country.....mark

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Why would you say something like that!!!

#83 5 years ago

I'm pissed off and it wasn't even my game. I've got your back if it turns up anywhere around AL.

#84 5 years ago

I would also be on the look out for someone buying the Astros because the machine is worth about that amount.

#85 5 years ago

Well, the two issues pinball collectors face which limits how many they can buy is room and money.

Obviously I feel bad for the guy, but there isn't much i can do behind my pc in my undies so i tossed out a joke related to the above.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Why would you say something like that!!!

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Quoted from ZenTron:

More ridiculous then getting a BBB stolen from your garage?

Quoted from ZenTron:

Well, the two issues pinball collectors face which limits how many they can buy is room and money.

you might want to stop digging the hole deeper and just move on...

#87 5 years ago

I didn't make a personal attack, but rather a general joke that really wasn't that bad. Ya'll just emotional tonight.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

you might want to stop digging the hole deeper and just move on...

#88 5 years ago

I am going to post on CL in Dallas area looking for a few machines and list it as one to see if it pops up. That sucks and maybe they will try and move it. It's worth a shot and free. They might want to try and get it out of the area.

dallas.craigslist.org link

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I didn't make a personal attack, but rather a general joke that really wasn't that bad. Ya'll just emotional tonight.

Put yourself in the OPs shoes and see how funny you think it is...

#90 5 years ago

big bang bar sites:craigslist.org

if you type that in google it would search every craigslist site, like pinball sites:craigslist.org

also http://www.searchcraigslist.org/

Quoted from wdpvideo:

I am going to post on CL in Dallas area looking for a few machines and list it as one to see if it pops up. That sucks and maybe they will try and move it. It's worth a shot and free. They might want to try and get it out of the area.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Obviously I feel bad for the guy, but there isn't much i can do behind my pc in my undies so i tossed out a joke related to the above.

nc2.jpg
nc.png

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Who the hell steals a pinball machine ???

I know a guy on another forum who had his MM & CV stolen several years ago.

Those were the only titles they stole out of his collection.

Happened to be the most valuable games in his collection.

Games/thieves were never found.

#93 5 years ago

I'm sure if i cared enough to google Colorado state jokes or any state for that matter I can find the same non funny images.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm sure if i cared enough to google Colorado state jokes or any state for that matter I can find the same non funny images.

Well you were such a riot tonight I figured I'd try and top you.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

nc.png 41 KB

nc2.jpg 48 KB

Fortunately, we don't all fit the mold.....given the posts by ZenTron, you are however entitled to post as such....no offense taken on my part....

#96 5 years ago

So ZenTron tried to tell a joke that fell flat. We don't need 3 pages of fighting about it. Let's just ignore it and move on. On topic, if possible.

#97 5 years ago

i guess we'll continue to wait for you to then.

Quoted from bemmett:

Well you were such a riot tonight I figured I'd try and top you.

#98 5 years ago

houston.craigslist.org link

A long shot but this antique bed was just posted a few mins ago.

#99 5 years ago

FYI: PMI stamped into the wood the serial number of all of their BBBs on the lower back of the head as well as the top back part of the cabinet.

They can remove the numbered plaque, however, if the stamped serial number has been tampered with or obscured it should raise suspicion on the next BBB you see.

Sorry to hear about your loss!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

" target="_blank">houston.craigslist.org link
A long shot but this antique bed was just posted a few mins ago.

and my scouring says that is not far from OPs old house.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 0.35
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside