butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.
#651 9 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Things to bring to court:
1) Photo ID
2) Alibi
3) Febreeze

CASH.

#652 9 years ago

Court doesn't bother me so much, aside from the waiting around.

I actually enjoy hearing people try to weasel out of something, and their silly excuses.

I have a realtor friend as well, and she is always in court trying to evict someone. Recently, she came across a tenant who was turning his apartment into an outdoor garden. Concrete pavers and everything.

Yes, that's his living room carpet underneath the stones and gravel, lol.

10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg 10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg 10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
#654 9 years ago

He put plastic down, what more do you want!?

#655 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

He put plastic down, what more do you want!?

Oddly enough, she couldn't evict him because of the plastic. The judge ruled that he made efforts to make it reversible when he moves out. What happens when he moves out is a different story though.

#656 9 years ago

This guy thinks differently then normal people....does he have any pinball ideas?

#657 9 years ago

Look at the bright side - free pavers!

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Court doesn't bother me so much, aside from the waiting around.
I actually enjoy hearing people try to weasel out of something, and their silly excuses.
I have a realtor friend as well, and she is always in court trying to evict someone. Recently, she came across a tenant who was turning his apartment into an outdoor garden. Concrete pavers and everything.
Yes, that's his living room carpet underneath the stones and gravel, lol.

10406514_10203436679212182_16211... 68 KB

10462491_10203436680252208_16822... 87 KB

10441178_10203436680092204_57462... 97 KB

Can't this guy grow weed in the bathtub like a normal human being?

#659 9 years ago

some nice colius growing there. Looks better than my yard.
He could have brought sand in and made it a "beach house"

#660 9 years ago

looks like they may have walked into a prank in progress, if not , I would stay away from that wacko, you may end up as fertilizer

#661 9 years ago

free tomatoes and herbs if you play your cards right

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oddly enough, she couldn't evict him because of the plastic. The judge ruled that he made efforts to make it reversible when he moves out. What happens when he moves out is a different story though.

You can almost be certain that there is at least one hole in the plastic. The plants on the left edge don't look like they are in planters, so they will be watered directly...

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You can almost be certain that there is at least one hole in the plastic. The plants on the left edge don't look like they are in planters, so they will be watered directly...

The wet carpet will hold the moisture perfectly to keep those plants alive during a drought.

#664 9 years ago

pay no attention to that mold. I'm sure they will pay for its removal when they leave.

#665 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Funny, because everyone else in the group is looking around at the others and thinking the same thing.

I actually was thinking along those lines . . . maybe it is ME they are looking at!

Quoted from radium:

2) Alibi
3) Febreeze

Screamed with laughter!!! Good one!

#666 9 years ago

Huh?... I was under the impression that this is a thread about a stolen BBB. It seems to have turned into the "Anything you want to discuss, even it it's not about pinball" thread.

#667 9 years ago

Welcome to pinside!

#668 9 years ago

Find me a thread that stays on topic (more than 10 posts) and I will give you a doughnut.

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Find me a thread that stays on topic (more than 10 posts) and I will give you a doughnut.

Vid's guide threads stay on-topic

#670 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPall007:

Huh?... I was under the impression that this is a thread about a stolen BBB. It seems to have turned into the "Anything you want to discuss, even it it's not about pinball" thread.

Just passing the time. Until he gives up on getting his game back, there's no harm in keeping this thread near the top.

My post was less of a waste of time than the posts telling the OP what he should have done to avoid being robbed.

#671 9 years ago

Will Stern make a Tron Premium?

#672 9 years ago

2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg

Here is a picture of my dad playing my Big Bang Bar that I had. Hope the OP gets his BBB back.

#673 9 years ago

Why is the sky blue......???....Hmmm.............Joey

#674 9 years ago

i dont have the time to read thru 14 pages of posts, so forgive me if any of this was answered, but sum up this caper:

1-how much did the bbb cost?

2-how much do they go for today?

3-is there a serial number on it, or something else to singularly id it?

4-what's to prevent someone from just showing up at some obscure show in say, atlanta, and selling it to an unsuspecting buyer?

5-if it is worth thousands of dollars and being sold over state lines, then the fbi would be interested, no?

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

5-if it is worth thousands of dollars and being sold over state lines, then the fbi would be interested, no?

#676 9 years ago

really into the house-garden dude.

#677 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

i dont have the time to read thru 14 pages of posts, so forgive me if any of this was answered, but sum up this caper:
4-what's to prevent someone from just showing up at some obscure show in say, atlanta, and selling it to an unsuspecting buyer?

Really....?
Sorry to bother you

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

What does OP think of TWD photos?

I know this thread is no laughing matter by any means, but as far as good clean humor goes this had me rolling. Good stuff.

#679 9 years ago

all i want is the guy to get his BBB back in one piece. i would fken hate that to happen to me.
and a beautiful pin as well.
hope theres an update soon.

#680 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

1) I don't think it was mentioned.
2) $10k-$30k
3) Yes, #153
4) That's why this thread exists. I've also seen it pop up on other pinball forums, as well as facebook pinball groups, and on twitter. The word is out throughout the pinball community.
5) In the OP's last update, the case was open with the Houston PD.

#681 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

1 - A new BBB cost $4500 plus tax or shipping when new. This was paid in advance of receiving ANYTHING but a promise.
2 - $17k+
3 - Serial numbers are stamped into the wood in multiple places.
4 - I know that at least 5 BBBs were originally shipped to GA. I bought one of them. We would be all over it.
5 - I'd think that makes sense - it has to show up. Also, they are going to have to sell to a collector to get the big bucks. That's where the problem comes in for them.

#682 9 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Here is a picture of my dad playing my Big Bang Bar that I had. Hope the OP gets his BBB back.

2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg 186 KB

Hmmmm.... well well well what do we have here...
Has your dad been making trips to Houston lately?

#683 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Also, they are going to have to sell to a collector to get the big bucks. That's where the problem comes in for them.

They could easily get $2000 from a non-collector. Sure, it's worth a lot more, but $2000 is a good ROI on $0 invested.

#684 9 years ago

The whole idea of it being stolen by someone that know you is unsettling. I've had a few Pinside parties where I've invited Pinside people I've never met into my home to play pinball. I'd hate to think that someone would target me after that. But that's just life I guess, and we can't live in fear.

Hope the OP is having some luck and gets his game back. And that the the culprits to to jail.

#685 9 years ago

Here is the other issue/caveat.
If the OP decides to go the insurance route, first, I'm sure there would be a deductible.
Second, he'd probably have to settle between original cost and current value, his policy probably holds a few clues in that regard. Third, once he accepts payment, if the game shows up in the future, the insurance company may make a claim to take it, as they would have rightfully paid for it at that point. If they don't care, op may have a possible windfall - insurance + game back. Also, maybe tigerlaw can answer - is there a timeframe when the owner loses any claim to the property, or is it considered stolen as long as someone can prove a claim to it?

Hoping op gets it back with as little headache as possible....

#686 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The whole idea of it being stolen by someone that know you is unsettling. I've had a few Pinside parties where I've invited Pinside people I've never met into my home to play pinball. I'd hate to think that someone would target me after that. But that's just life I guess, and we can't live in fear.
Hope the OP is having some luck and gets his game back. And that the the culprits to to jail.

Then again, I own Avengers, and who'd steal that? People probably just feel sorry for me, and move on to to the next pinsiders house.

#687 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Funny, because everyone else in the group is looking around at the others and thinking the same thing.

Sounds just like every pinball show, minus the kids

#688 9 years ago

If anyone wants to see a bit of BBB history, take a look at my website at http://www.bbbpictures.com . There are some descriptions to give you an idea about what you are looking at.

Al

#689 9 years ago

Uhhhh no. If you do not live here you have no idea. 50% of these people have no idea what a bath is and still throw shitty toilet paper on the floor. They have no earthly idea of personal space and will squeeze in right on top of you and they smell like ass. (Racist remark edited out by moderator). You get there at 7AM and are lucky to leave by 12 or 1 PM and that is if you have a lawyer. But when you have 2 sets of 3 tickets you have no choice. I would rather sit through the hell than pay the bastards

Post edited by moderator: Racism is not tolerated on pinside.

#690 9 years ago

Lets not get carried away. (Odd thing to say in this thread I know...)

The stolen game in this case was wrapped up sitting on its butt in a garage. My guess is they back up and were gone in three minutes or less. Most people have their games in a basement. That means breaking into a house, drilling the machine locks, breaking the game down, wrapping it up and hauling it up and out.

And in my case, I have a sixteen foot ball bowler in the middle of my game room surrounded by pins. They'd have have to play several levels of pinball Tetris to get to any one particular game.

Could it happen, sure but you're overreacting to a unique situation here.

I also have a security alarm and I'm a gun enthusiast.

#691 9 years ago

I've had a few Pinside parties where I've invited Pinside people I've never met into my home to play pinball.

Er, Nelson, when are you going on vacation?....just curious...

#692 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, Nelson, when are you going on vacation?....just curious...

i'm on vacation now! Sitting in the dark corner of my basement, aiming a double ought six at the door.

#693 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Uhhhh no. If you do not live here you have no idea. 50% of these people have no idea what a bath is and still throw shitty toilet paper on the floor. They have no earthly idea of personal space and will squeeze in right on top of you and they smell like ass. Another 20% are ghetto monkeys with their pants dragging the ground. You get there at 7AM and are lucky to leave by 12 or 1 PM and that is if you have a lawyer. But when you have 2 sets of 3 tickets you have no choice. I would rather sit through the hell than pay the bastards

"ghetto monkeys"?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#695 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

What he really wants to say is n_ggers but he is trying not to look like a full on un-pc redkneck. Last time he said something like this he said personal problems were making him unfriendly.

t00ef37_emailjokes_c_44062_1-nag... 38 KB

That was such a funny episode.

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Uhhhh no. If you do not live here you have no idea. 50% of these people have no idea what a bath is and still throw shitty toilet paper on the floor. They have no earthly idea of personal space and will squeeze in right on top of you and they smell like ass. Another 20% are ghetto monkeys with their pants dragging the ground. You get there at 7AM and are lucky to leave by 12 or 1 PM and that is if you have a lawyer. But when you have 2 sets of 3 tickets you have no choice. I would rather sit through the hell than pay the bastards

Sounds like San Berdoo only here they break into your car and steal your stuff while you are inside the gates of hell.
I seldom get tickets but if I do I mail in the money.
We also have 2 hour parking @ the courthouse so everyone has to play musical cars, if you don't then a 65 dollar parking ticket goes with the deal.
You also have a good chance of being carjacked and robbed while you are down there, I don't care what the fine is I just pay it.
People with money and a nice car have no business in Berdoo, I drive up the mountain and down 330 to Redlands to avoid the place.

#697 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Seriously, get that bigoted, racist nonsense out of here.

#698 9 years ago

Before all the bleeding heart, PC sops start jumping on this guy for being a bigot, come and spend a day down here in court and you'll see and smell exactly what he described. The only demo he missed was the inbred rednecks.

Yeah, zr11990 is pretty crude and I don't tent to agree with much that he says, but he's pretty spot on here.

#699 9 years ago

Don't forget the one guy who brings his wife and four kids under the age of six! I haven't been to the the downtown courthouse in over eight years, good riddance.

#700 9 years ago

Boshie!! This kind of talk is not OK. I am certainly a bit of a nutcase partier potty mouth but not this crap. Never acceptable!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 209.00
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.