butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.
#551 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ummmm.... Hello OP? Are you here ??

#552 9 years ago

ball_blue.jpgball_blue.jpg

Hope OP gets his pin back without a scratch on it.

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why wouldn't people want to live in Texas? Inquiring minds want to know.

All my ex'es live in Texas.

#554 9 years ago

If a Texas Pinsider happens to find it and loads it up before the cops get to it, you might be having it for awhile--by all accounts the OP is super busy, has a life, MIA...

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Texas is a proud state, but we know how to take a joke.
A girlfriend and boyfriend are making out in a parked car. They are both in the mood for getting it on.
The girl leans over to him and says “kiss me someplace where it’s hot and stinky”
He thinks about, starts the engine, and then drives her to Beaumont, TX

Hey! That clearly would be Vidor, TX!

What's the definition of Happiness? Plano, TX in your rear view mirror.

#556 9 years ago

Didn't want to say this at first but I will now.....20+ pins....wouldn't this be the 1st pin to move..???!!!......would you leave the most rare behind....???............Joey

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Didn't want to say this at first but I will now.....20+ pins....wouldn't this be the 1st pin to move..???!!!......would you leave the most rare behind....???............Joey

If I understand the facts correctly he moved all the others in a rental truck like a uhaul or something. The BBB was going to be moved in his personal vehicle alone so it wouldn't get scratched. If I'm wrong on this someone feel free to chime in.

#558 9 years ago

Yes....so follow the truck with your prized possession in your personal vehicle....not leave it behind..........Joey

#559 9 years ago

Yes....so follow the truck with your prized possession in your personal vehicle....not leave it behind..........Joey

Quit aggravating the victim.

#560 9 years ago

I would have moved it separate as well. Its a pinball machine and its not like you guard it with your life. Someone purposely planned on stealing this, OP could have went out of his was to guard it and it wouldn't matter. Stop acting like he left it in the driveway. It was secured in his garage, locked. That is enough for me.

#561 9 years ago

I would have hired 10 identical SUVs and drivers to launch from my house in 10 different directions so that the thief wouldn't know which vehicle had the BBB.

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I would have hired 10 identical SUVs and drivers to launch from my house in 10 different directions so that the thief wouldn't know which vehicle had the BBB.

Nine of the them Black......and one White one, you know, just to be an ass.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

close - 1 asian:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ylskbp/nathan-for-you-private-investigator-pt--1

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That's because YOU could afford to do this, considering your profession!

#565 9 years ago

Mike - I wish!

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

With the Haunted House in it!

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

What's the definition of Happiness? Plano, TX in your rear view mirror.

That one rings close to my heart....

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This thread is only 2 days old, not a year old. Police investigations take time.

I was waiting until I finished the thread to post a sentiment like this.

1) The guy just moved. That alone is reason enough to be insanely busy and to not prioritize pinside.

2) He has solid people vouching for him.

3) And above all, this is a serious criminal matter, not something you discuss publicly until it's all worked out. When the police and/or court system are or could be involved, the less you air publicly, the better. People on here are so quick to pass judgement within a 48-72 hours..

#569 9 years ago

17 bikes ? Wtf.

#570 9 years ago

I wouldve moved to the beautiful hills of southern Indiana on the fourth or fifth.

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

People on here are so quick to pass judgement within a 48-72 hours..

More like 48-72 seconds. I pass judgement on people as soon as I see their avatar.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from radium:

More like 48-72 seconds. I pass judgement on people as soon as I see their Avatar.

Does your opinion of o-din change quite often?
I hope you don't think I'm a hot looking green haired woman that hangs out with aliens?

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I hope you don't think I'm a hot looking green haired woman that hangs out with aliens?

Are you trying to say you are not?

#574 9 years ago

I'm just a white guy that hopes mikeflan gets his BBB pinball machine back soon.
Looking fwd to hearing some good news soon from the owner.

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

3) And above all, this is a serious criminal matter, not something you discuss publicly until it's all worked out. When the police and/or court system are or could be involved, the less you air publicly, the better. People on here are so quick to pass judgement within a 48-72 hours..

I totally agree. But he did come on here, presumably to ask for help, and for people to keep an eye out for him, which many here have done. The least he can do is update the people that care enough to help, or let us know that the cops have told him to lay low and then we'll leave him alone. I don't care how many people vouch for him...the whole thing doesn't sit right with me.

And yes...you can presume that I own an AC/DC with my face on the PF. It's the ultra-rare douchebag edition.

#576 9 years ago

Looks like the CL ad was removed now what?
Joe

#577 9 years ago

Post up the Police report, I'd love to see it. that way if anyone really finds it then the proof is right here.

#578 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I totally agree. But he did come on here, presumably to ask for help, and for people to keep an eye out for him, which many here have done. The least he can do is update the people that care enough to help, or let us know that the cops have told him to lay low and then we'll leave him alone. I don't care how many people vouch for him...the whole thing doesn't sit right with me.
And yes...you can presume that I own an AC/DC with my face on the PF. It's the ultra-rare douchebag edition.

Hello Folks-

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been out of town for the last two days and trying to deal with all this from 250 miles away. An update: The BBB appears to have popped up on craigslist, initially for $5000, and then for $11,000. The thief, going by the name Duane, made contact with a fellow pinside in response to a craigslist ad, and offered to sell. All this happened before I was involved, though even if I was around, nothing would change:

When I heard about it, the police were called. Queue circus music. Initially, they needed an incident number, which of course I left at home. Then the computers were down on HPDs end: I believe this entirely, as I work for the Houston Fire Department, and a citywide server migration has pretty much shut down everything on my end as well.

That said: once I finally got the incident number, it was after 3:30 pm. HPD burglary shuts down at 330 Friday and doesn't reopen til Monday morning. Note to self: if I become a burglar, work weekends. Every phone call to supervisors went to voice mail, and even well meaning desk guys said I was pretty much SOL.

Now, I suppose if I was there, I could have conducted an elaborate sting with fellow pinheads acting as snipers, we could wear wires, use long range lenses, go totally vigilante on his ass and all sorts of other stuff. That said, these guys are crooks, I don't own a gun, and my life is certainly more valuable that the $20K the Big Bang Bar could fetch. At least I think so. My pinhead friends' lives as well, even the idiots on here who suggest that I should be updating the entire newsgroup on a dynamic, changing incident in real time, despite not having internet access.

Hell, come to think of it, I'm a bit of a pacifist, and even the crook's life is worth more than $20K. I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

I posted on here asking for help, but also to warn people so they might not lose their money by buying stolen merchandise. I appreciate all the support. Like the human body, this group runs on heart, and the outpouring of support I've received proves that the community is a great bunch of folks.

Losing the game is a crap situation. Getting it back would be awesome. Hopefully it will happen. If it does, I have a lot of people to thank.

Mike

#579 9 years ago

How much info did that Pinsider get from the seller?

Phone number??

Address on where to see the pin?

#580 9 years ago

Shoot I hope that the CL ad coming down doesn't mean they got spooked - could be harder to catch them, and your game might get dumped.

#581 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How much info did that Pinsider get from the seller?
Phone number??
Address on where to see the pin?

If he knows that information per the pinsider who helped him, he needs to try to keep it to himself until something (or notthing) comes of this. Best of luck to the owner!

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Shoot I hope that the CL ad coming down doesn't mean they got spooked - could be harder to catch them, and your game might get dumped.

You can still reach out after craigslist ads go down, I've done it a few times.

#583 9 years ago

First of all, don't apologize for not posting immediately, its obvious you have a lot on your plate right now. Take care of things on your end first. I hope everything works out. You're absolutely right, $20,000 is not worth the risk of anyone getting hurt. Good luck.

#584 9 years ago

Post edited by ForceFlow: nevermind, wasn't new info

#585 9 years ago

if you have a ton of people trying to get in there to look at this game, might end up backfiring. better off having someone go in as a buyer, tire kick, then work out the details on making the sting operation. Maybe case the joint to make sure nobody else buys it and leaves with it.

If it was one of my friends. I'd do it. No danger in going to go look at it to make sure it's the target game. Just doing some research and intel is nothing.

#586 9 years ago

well i hope that fellow pinsider has some info for you, and the authorities. HPD closes up shop at 3.30pm in the afternoon ? damn. given its importance to the community, you wonder why they dont keep extended hours.
best of luck getting the pin back.

#587 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

HPD closes up shop at 3.30pm in the afternoon ?

At least it's the Central Time Zone.

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you have a ton of people trying to get in there to look at this game, might end up backfiring. better off having someone go in as a buyer, tire kick, then work out the details on making the sting operation. Maybe case the joint to make sure nobody else buys it and leaves with it.
If it was one of my friends. I'd do it. No danger in going to go look at it to make sure it's the target game. Just doing some research and intel is nothing.

i tend to agree here, i unfortunately am one that go take an "active hands on approach", go kick over some rocks,
see what i can discover. altho i know its not the right way to go about it i guess.

#589 9 years ago

yes, but you don't want to do that right off the bat. You don't know if more people in the house, and it's not like you can lay him out and quickly load the game up and peel away. going to take a bit of planning and help with friends and the police. If a report is already filed on it's initial loss, the police should have no problems helping you follow up if you have located it. Especially with something as valuable as this. That's a hardcore felony. Shit, my van probably doesn't even count as a felony anymore it's so worthless.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

If he knows that information per the pinsider who helped him, he needs to try to keep it to himself until something (or notthing) comes of this. Best of luck to the owner!

lol

No shit Sherlock. I wasn't asking him to post that information here. I was simply asking if that information was obtained from the Pinsider who contacted him.

#591 9 years ago

Thanks for posting Mike. I'm sure everyone is happy to hear what is going on and hoping for the best.

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Does your opinion of o-din change quite often?

I knew it would.

#593 9 years ago

Good luck Mike. I hope you get it back.
I'm glad you took the passive approach and didn't do anything rash on a whim. Like Neo said, with these CL ads, you never know who or what is on the other end. Google Timothy Bosma (it was kijiji - Canadian Version of CL). Your life IS worth more than a potential 20K.

#594 9 years ago

Man..
This kinda blows up the 'it was a pinball collector that stole your pin...and took the metal stuff as a cover' theory.

Good luck on getting that game back.

#595 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Google Timothy Bosma (it was kijiji - Canadian Version of CL). Your life IS worth more than a potential 20K.

Whoa.....that was a chilling story. No more test drives for me.

#596 9 years ago

Good luck with everything, Mike. I agree with the sentiment that if someone was hurt or worse, the words "this was not worth it" would be repeating in their heads. Hopefully you have better luck with the police today.

#597 9 years ago

I just really hope that the CL ad was not a prank but a real lead to getting your machine back.

#598 9 years ago

That CL ad was a total prank.

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Hell, come to think of it, I'm a bit of a pacifist, and even the crook's life is worth more than $20K. I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Nah, I feel the same way. You've been really cool and calm having suffered the loss of a rare and likely irreplaceable game. I totally have tons of respect for the attitude and demeanor; puts a lot of things in perspective. Hope everything works out ok and you get your game back.

#600 9 years ago

I say we petition PPS to let Mike have #153 of the BBB remakes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.