butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.
#501 9 years ago

now THAT is funny....

#502 9 years ago

I need resolution !
Hope you got em Mike !

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

because we're talking about a pinball machine mumber one. I would think no pinball machine in the world is worth someone getting hurt.

I wasn't serious.......you are absolutely right

(Also not worth going to jail for a pinball machine)

#504 9 years ago

This is starting to smell fishy....maybe this should have been done on April 1st....???!!!............Joey

#505 9 years ago

I'm amazed at how many people think you need a Hand tuck or dolly to move a pinball machine. 2 guys with 30 seconds could grad a wrapped up game and throw it in the back of a minivan, easily. Especially if they don't care about scratching it a bit. I've loaded 3 games in the back of a 2010 grand caravan with room to spare, so it's not like the thieves needed a big truck. A 300lbs game is not difficult for 2 strong men to move. Y'all haven't been eating your wheaties.

Time is on the OP's side. Such an easily identifiable game will turn up sooner or later. Hopefully it's left in good condition when it's found.

#506 9 years ago

I am believing this for the most part and it makes sense that the op would be quiet during the investigation. I agree that the thieves are among the stupidest idiots that I have ever seen, putting that CL add out there right away (and locally)
One thing that comes to mind is that if they are smart enough to research the value of this pin, they almost couldn't help but find this very thread. That would spook the hell out of them you would think. Anyway, if it is all real, I hope the op gets his property back very soon and in top condition!

#507 9 years ago

I just read the ad and if not a hoax which I don't believe this is, this is the prick that stole the machine. "He was told they were rare and the real name is Big Bang Bar so he owned it and didn't know a thing about it GTFOH!!!!!! Obviously not the owner or anyone involved with Pinball and someone who probably never saw a Pin in his twisted life.

Many here give thieves too much credit for thinking smart or rational they don't, Thats why they are criminals. Brought up on drugs no schooling going and to jail is a sign of coming into manhood a badge of honor.

Hand trucks ,Dollies? Bull, two asses is all it takes with hands.

The ad was written by a retard exactly how he speaks. He's a typical criminal lifer type.

Guess many here have never dealt with these type before maybe a benefit of growing up in NYC your surrounded by them. So you understand them better.

OP should contact the cops and tell them the details and alert them that he was going to meet the ______ Add your own description and kick the shit out of them.

If guy selling wasn't the thief he was in on it from the start maybe not a Pinball machine specifically but anything the punks stole that they sell to him for whatever they can get.

Am I pissed? You bet I am I have had 17 motorcycles stolen over the years so I know what its like and I have learned all about the types of guys who steal stuff.

You go meet the punks NO MONEY with you Tell them you want to see the machine and will be back with the money or no deal. Also ask him if he wants to throw the fencing in with the deal might as well.

Depending on the area, situation and who is around upon seeing the machine and verifying its yours you beat the hell out of the guy without warning right then and there or you call the cops as soon as you ,go back to get your money.

#508 9 years ago

I hope the ad placed on CL was legit and that the seller is well on his way to getting back his pin, with the police involved.

I'm all for beating someone down who steals something. The problem in this case is that they know where you live and doing so could endanger your family.

#509 9 years ago

Wow, I read half this thread and skimmed the rest. What the hell is it here, the Salem Witch trials? What does anyone know about the situation posted....? Exactly, nothing. We truly don't even know if a BBB was stolen, let alone if the poster on CL is a thief. Yet, we have people already sure this is the case and ready to eviscerate, castrate and burn the felon.

The OP has made exactly TWO posts on this thread. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the "he's too busy to update" on this thread. It takes less than a minute to update. If you are asking for help on Pinside, the least you can do is to update the situation so we don't have members ready to lynch some CL seller who may or may not be a thief.

Quoted from Eddie:

I just read the ad and if not a hoax which I don't believe this is, this is the prick that stole the machine. "He was told they were rare and the real name is Big Bang Bar so he owned it and didn't know a thing about it GTFOH!!!!!! Obviously not the owner or anyone involved with Pinball and someone who probably never saw a Pin in his twisted life.
Many here give thieves too much credit for thinking smart or rational they don't, Thats why they are criminals. Brought up on drugs no schooling going and to jail is a sign of coming into manhood a badge of honor.
Hand trucks ,Dollies? Bull, two asses is all it takes with hands.
The ad was written by a retard exactly how he speaks. He's a typical criminal lifer type.
Guess many here have never dealt with these type before maybe a benefit of growing up in NYC your surrounded by them. So you understand them better.
OP should contact the cops and tell them the details and alert them that he was going to meet the _____ Add your own description and kick the shit out of them.
If guy selling wasn't the thief he was in on it from the start maybe not a Pinball machine specifically but anything the punks stole that they sell to him for whatever they can get.
Am I pissed? You bet I am I have had 17 motorcycles stolen over the years so I know what its like and I have learned all about the types of guys who steal stuff.
You go meet the punks NO MONEY with you Tell them you want to see the machine and will be back with the money or no deal. Also ask him if he wants to throw the fencing in with the deal might as well.
Depending on the area, situation and who is around upon seeing the machine and verifying its yours you beat the hell out of the guy without warning right then and there or you call the cops as soon as you ,go back to get your money.

#510 9 years ago

I know we're all hoping for the best. But lesson learned. GPS trackers are your friend. You can buy them at Lowes. Sure its a monthly service fee, but so is insurance.
I only have 2 beat up routers, but my guitars are getting chipped today.

#511 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I would think no pinball machine in the world is worth someone getting hurt.

Depends on what the machine is.

And who the someone is.

#512 9 years ago

Know what else I just found ? GPS earrings. How ingenious is that ? We made our daughter wait until she was 10, so she just got her 1st set. But these are getting bought. What a great idea.

#513 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Wow, I read half this thread and skimmed the rest. What the hell is it here, the Salem Witch trials? What does anyone know about the situation posted....? Exactly, nothing. We truly don't even know if a BBB was stolen, let alone if the poster on CL is a thief. Yet, we have people already sure this is the case and ready to eviscerate, castrate and burn the felon.
The OP has made exactly TWO posts on this thread. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the "he's too busy to update" on this thread. It takes less than a minute to update. If you are asking for help on Pinside, the least you can do is to update the situation so we don't have members ready to lynch some CL seller who may or may not be a thief.

I've been in contact with many Houston pinball group memebers that all vouch for the guy. This is the BBB he brougth to the TPF. All said he is not a social media guy but he obviously needs help and has posted here for all to be on the lookout for. I agree with the posts from above that says the police probably have him in silent mode as well.

#514 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Alright, I have purchased the pin for $4K cash.
$500 less that the original price from IPB.
Guys knew nothing about pinball, but seemed pretty cool. I showed them that their pin was a remake, and was not worth $30,000
Still in good shape.

bbb.jpg 230 KB

bbb01.jpg 50 KB

I heard Choggard was interested and has pm'd his offer of $2.5k. Expecting ad price to be adjusted downward to approach its true value. BTW - any noteworthy arrests in Houston this weekend?

#515 9 years ago

KingNine, thank you for believing in my friend as I do.

#516 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Yet, we have people already sure this is the case and ready to eviscerate, castrate and burn the felon.

While I agree this thread has gotten embarrassing, this is typical macho bluster and puffery. The worst that is going to happen is someone chipping a nail on their keyboard.

WE ARE PINSIDE!!!!

$-3342973-1724067883-butle.jpg$-3342973-1724067883-butle.jpg

#517 9 years ago

I've played that exact BBB when owner was nice enough to bring it to Tx Pinball Fest in Dallas area one year and have it set on free play.

#518 9 years ago

It's pretty ridiculous to say crap like this:

Quoted from robotron911:

We truly don't even know if a BBB was stolen...

When you admit to this:

Quoted from robotron911:

I read half this thread and skimmed the rest.

The OP has already been vouched for by others several times in this thread. Apparently you missed that in your "skimming" of it.

If you don't have the time to read the thread, maybe you shouldn't make the time to post in it.

#519 9 years ago

I'd get equal amounts of joy if the guy gets both his machine back and a thieving perps body part for compo.

In fact, post a pic of the perps balls mounted as a topper for good measure.

#520 9 years ago

I'm starting to wonder if everyone is being trolled...

#521 9 years ago

I continue to wonder why people live in Texas.

#522 9 years ago

No sign of the op. This whole thing maybe bogus.

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why wouldn't people want to live in Texas? Inquiring minds want to know.

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Don't bother. More and more TheFamilyArcade has become a troll around here. On variety of issues.

#525 9 years ago

Hey, I know Im an asshole with a short fuse and my political views are what they are but Im curious where that comment is coming from. What aspect would make someone NOT want to live in TX. I have many reasons why I would like to get out of here, maybe we would agree. I can also see another ban coming.

#526 9 years ago

Christ it was just an off sided joke relax or ignore it. I teach my kids to stop arguing with people when they know they are right anyway and to ignore comments trying to rib them. Odd to see grown ups sucked I to such games. You live there you like it , you should not have to justify that to someone ona keyboard over a thousand miles away.

#527 9 years ago

Just wanting to yank the guys chain. Im not going to go of on a political rant. They will just ban it anyway.

#528 9 years ago

Because thieves don't live in any other state?

(When you say something that has me defending Texas you really went overboard!)

#529 9 years ago

Just wondering, that's all. Seems like a lot of bad shit happens down in TX on a regular basis. People post here all the time about crazy stuff going on down there. Mostly crime and violent crime. Didn't mean to offend an entire state.

I stopped wondering what happened to the BBB 6 or 7 pages ago. The OP doesn't care enough to update us, so I stopped caring about his game.

Lotta threads on here these days gets bled dry with speculation because there isn't enough actual factual information. I get a little impertinent when I'm bored. Sorry.

#530 9 years ago

You guys still are avoiding the question. What is wrong with TX. Must be the horse shit everywhere because we ride horses to work.

#531 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is wrong with TX.

I would not mind living in Austin. It always seems pretty hip when I go there.

#532 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Don't bother. More and more TheFamilyArcade has become a troll around here. On variety of issues.

It's practically impossible to be a troll on Pinside. After 3 pages or so of ANY thread, there's almost nothing you could post that would actually stand out as being "trollish". Let's see, in this one we've had castration, death penalty for theft. Implication of "guns for hire" (placing a hit?). Massive speculation on whether this is a hoax, who did what how and why. If people are actually reading these Pinside "drama threads" with a straight face they're missing the point these days. IMHO.

#533 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I would not mind living in Austin. It always seems pretty hip when I go there.

I like the taco trucks there. Austin is kinda hip. Hip isn't how I'd describe most of TX. But I'm not a hipster anyway. I'd probably choose Austin for the political breadth...but that's not anything we can discuss on Pinside. So let's just use the code word "hip" from now on. Just like people use the term "interesting types" to describe the denizens of MLK blvd.

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

This is the BBB he brougth to the TPF.

It was there to sell in the FUN auction. It was never on or for play.

#535 9 years ago

Wasn't it TPF 2012 that BBB #153 was there for us to play?

#536 9 years ago

I stopped wondering what happened to the BBB 6 or 7 pages ago. The OP doesn't care enough to update us, so I stopped caring about his game.

This thread is only 2 days old, not a year old. Police investigations take time.

#537 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

2013 and everyone was excited to see it there.

#538 9 years ago

We here in Jersey feel the same way about New York. And I'd rather live in Texas than in Jersey. So hey...that's saying something.

Great BBQ, the Dallas Cowboys, and Schlitterbahn Waterpark. What's not to love?

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This thread is only 2 days old, not a year old. Police investigations take time.

Nearly 3 days. It would be nice if the OP got back on here to say "thanks for the support folks" ... It's a police matter now, can't say much". So he's busy and doesn't live on Pinside, but expecting an update isn't asking for much.

#540 9 years ago

2013. Super nice guy. He brought his game for all to play and then passed out home made beer in the vendor party. I sure hope he gets it back.

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

We here in Jersey feel the same way about New York. And I'd rather live in Texas than in Jersey. So hey...that's saying something.

There are people who don't like NY? That's absurd! Now you're trolling!

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well, if you live in Wichita Falls, you get to drink your own recycled sh*twater.. Houston is a swamp, the rest of the state is too hot and dry in general... but as others have said, Austin is pretty hip. I'd live there, but would pass on the rest of the state. Just not my style.

#543 9 years ago

People from both New York and Texas are super annoying because they never shut up about where they're from.

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Forgot about Schlitterbahn. In addition to Austin, I'd live within 100 miles of this. Splashin' Safari at Holiday World is great, and this is supposed to be even better... need to check it out

#545 9 years ago

Just throwing this out there; but if the OP was moving this weekend to a new house maybe he hasn't set up his computer. He might not even have Internet service installed yet. This is the buisiest time of year for Internet installations. In my city 40000 university students move in during this week. I don't do cable installes but my job notices the back to school rush every year. It's not impossible to have to wait a couple days for the cable company to come.

#546 9 years ago

Texas is a proud state, but we know how to take a joke.

A girlfriend and boyfriend are making out in a parked car. They are both in the mood for getting it on.
The girl leans over to him and says “kiss me someplace where it’s hot and stinky”
He thinks about, starts the engine, and then drives her to Beaumont, TX

#547 9 years ago

I did not think of that . Maybe it was another BBB in 2014

#548 9 years ago

Ummmm.... Hello OP? Are you here ??

#549 9 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

“kiss me someplace where it’s hot and stinky”
He thinks about, starts the engine, and then drives her to Beaumont, TX

Beaumont, TX is now high on my wish list for places I should visit

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Beaumont, TX is now high on my wish list for places I should visit

That is a great joke.
Beaumont is not so bad though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.