butt cup flip.gif
billy-ripken.jpg
Tadaaa.gif
2011-12-06 08.50.54.jpg
10441178_10203436680092204_5746283010950503844_n.jpg
10462491_10203436680252208_1682283359494369732_n.jpg
10406514_10203436679212182_1621158228862051236_n.jpg
flashback-lebowski.jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.
#1 9 years ago

FYI:

Just want to give pinsiders a heads up: My Big Bang Bar (#153) was stolen out of my garage this weekend in Houston. If anyone has any info or hears of offers to sell from out of the blue, please forward them my way. I figure it's going to be a hard game to sell on the sly. Hopefully it will turn up.

Thanks in advance-
Mike Flanagan

#2 9 years ago

That sucks. Hope it finds it way back to you.

#3 9 years ago

I hope it turns up, Mike, Sorry to hear that

#4 9 years ago

This can't go underground forever....

#5 9 years ago

regardless if u had it insured or not thats covered under ur home owners policy...get a police report and file a claim...start taking printed copies of sale adds to show the value to ur insurance company

#6 9 years ago

I vote that we bump this topic to keep it on the main page every day. Help this guy find this MF. All pinball players. I don't care what side of the manufacturing fence you sit on. Lets all help him try to find it.

#7 9 years ago

Wow........ sorry to hear about this and yes, keep this post bumped until the game is found.

#8 9 years ago

Sucks man. Was it insured?

#9 9 years ago

Oh my....that's terrible.

Here's hoping we get this tracked down.

#10 9 years ago

Send an email to the group mike, hope it shows up!

#11 9 years ago

Unbelievable

#12 9 years ago

Thats a nightmare!

#13 9 years ago

I will definitely keep a look out for it in case someone tries to flip it.

I hope you get the bastard(s)!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Marcus

#14 9 years ago

I assume you had multiple pins in your garage and this was singled out?

#15 9 years ago

That sucks, just relayed the info into a few facebook groups as well.

#16 9 years ago

That sucks! If there's one thing I hate it's thieves! Thieves are lowly, worthless, dic*less, chicken shi*, losers. I will keep my eyes peeled. You should form a posse.

posse_1885.JPGposse_1885.JPG

#17 9 years ago

We were in the middle of a move to a new house, and I had already moved 20 of the pins via Uhaul. BBB was folded and wrapped to be delivered by car so as to not scuff it up. The only other game was a Haunted House set up on legs: they didn't touch that.

They did steal a pretty valuable antique bed, some tools, and (strange) all the chain link gates around the backyard. Scrap metal I guess. That why I'm afraid they will scrap the game for copper or something stupid along those lines.

Quoted from creyes82:

I assume you had multiple pins in your garage and this was singled out?

#18 9 years ago

Brutal, I hope you get it back.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

That why I'm afraid they will scrap the game for copper or something stupid along those lines.

I sure hope not! I REALLY hope these idiots try to sell it because we will catch them.

I've done it before with a pin that was stolen locally to me. I acted like an interested party, told them to "shoot me their address and i'd be right over with cash!"

I did come right over... with the cops.

#20 9 years ago

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear it. I hope this person is found and prosecuted.

#21 9 years ago

Ouch, sounds like some general theft thing in that case and not an isolated pinball guy out for someone else's goods. Horrible either ways, I hope its found safe.

#22 9 years ago

should start posting on craigslist what happened in every major city, with a reward offered. (especially in Texas) you'd be surprised how it can turn up pretty quick

#23 9 years ago

So sorry to hear about this horror story.

About as bight a theft as stealing the Batmobile--he can't sell it whole (so obviously watch for parts FS on Ebay too).

Best of luck on recovering the game.

#24 9 years ago

How did they get in?
It may have been a neighbor or someone close by.

#25 9 years ago

Motherfuckers should lose a limb.

#26 9 years ago

Crap Mike I am sorry. Will be on the watch with the entire gang here in Dallas. 90% of all thefts are done by someone you know. That is just the data. Look carefully at everyone.

#27 9 years ago

I think the less you put the word out, on craigslist, the better chance they are going to have to catch them trying to list it for sale.

Quoted from Gwaxt72:

should start posting on craigslist what happened in every major city, with a reward offered. (especially in Texas) you'd be surprised how it can turn up pretty quick

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Motherfuckers should lose a limb.

+1
Third world countries cut your hand off when you steal.....just saying
An eye for an eye & a Hand for a BBB! Lol

#29 9 years ago

Mike,

If you see or hear any word of your machine surfacing here in the NYC area, send me a PM. I can greatly assist you with this down here on my end, we can move mountains down here.

Mike

#30 9 years ago

That sucks man. Have a couple friends put up a wtb ad on cl. Might be worth a shot

#31 9 years ago

That sucks man. It would be almost impossible to sell without you finding out though. That game is too rare and every pinball collector knows what it is. So hopefully you will get it back like the last guy that had a pin stolen.
I'd put up a want to buy ad on craigslist.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from trudert9:

That sucks man. Have a couple friends put up a wtb ad on cl. Might be worth a shot

This may be a good way to flush them out

#33 9 years ago

Good luck man. I hope whoever it is, takes care of it in the meantime.

#34 9 years ago

throw up a $500 reward, watch what happens

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I can greatly assist you with this down here on my end, we can move mountains down here.

Anyone else scared of DeathHimself?

#36 9 years ago

If this happened to me I wouldn't be able to sleep, as I'd keep thinking about who could have done it. It would almost certainly be someone who knew you had a BBB and what they are worth.

#37 9 years ago

Good idea - put a WTB CL ad for pinballs in general and see if it pops up.

#38 9 years ago

I apologize if I offended anyone.
But if you have ever been victimized by theives, you smell things a little differently.
Goddamn I hate a thief.

#39 9 years ago

if they are common thieves, they won't know what they have. Probably loaded the game in and threw all the metal and wood shit on top of it. It's probably going to be all scratched up if you get it back. Not pinball thieves i'm sure. Either way, looks like it's going to end up as an insurance claim.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

someone who knew you had a BBB and what they are worth

exactly my thoughts, and grabbed some other shit as well to throw you off the scent.

#41 9 years ago

Did u have any movers or other outside folks in your house in the last couple weeks? Somebody new you were moving and worked an inside job after eyeing up a few items they wanted??

#42 9 years ago

So sorry to hear this Mike. My pins are in my garage and I was so paranoid I had motion sensors hooked int my central alarm. Hope insurance covers you.

#43 9 years ago

everyone clear out your pin collection from your profile

#44 9 years ago

Insurance will be great, paid $5000, worth $20,000, gets $5000

#45 9 years ago

Who the hell steals a pinball machine ???
This sucks hope you are able to find the scum bags that did this !!!

#46 9 years ago

His home owners policy will cover the value. He will have to fight but he will get it.
The thief doesn't know what he has, chances are someone is getting a bbb for $500 lol

#47 9 years ago

How many people looked at your home you just sold? Perhaps some people who looked at your home when it was listed noticed it and were waiting for moving day to break in. Is there a possibility a police report could lead to a list of people who stopped in from your realtor? Just trying to think outside the box...

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

everyone clear out your pin collection from your profile

Or a really nice alarm system, surveillance cameras, and a very large dog.

I really hope these people get caught before the pin disappears forever and you get it back. And I also agree with the loss of limb idea.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

His home owners policy will cover the value. He will have to fight but he will get it.
The thief doesn't know what he has, chances are someone is getting a bbb for $500 lol

Even if they didn't know what they got, 1 minute online by plugging in "Big Bang Bar Pinball" on ebay tells them all they need to know.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Insurance will be great, paid $5000, worth $20,000, gets $5000

Not if he has replacement. Get a quote from a local pinball shop. This is a hobby not a collection. Call me if you need help 313-268-0541

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-big-bang-bar-153-houston/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.