(Topic ID: 300056)

Stocking up before the price increase

By thpletcher

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I like to buy a nice HUO premium for $6000, but the used market has been so hot I have been buying NIB, and now that a price increase is on the horizon, I have found myself stocking up. Anyone else out there exhibiting this behavior?

I bought a Mando Premium, Jurassic Park Premium, and I'm seriously thinking about a Led Zeppelin Premium, partly because it is available.

#2 2 years ago

If only I could get my money tree to grow faster…

#3 2 years ago

I don't mind spending the money because it is my hobby, and for the most part every time I have sold a machine I have made more than I paid. You just have to get past the price of admission.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

If only I could get my money tree to grow faster…

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #5 2 years ago
    Quoted from thpletcher:

I don't mind spending the money because it is my hobby, and for the most part every time I have sold a machine I have made more than I paid. You just have to get past the price of admission.

My main problem is I've "admitted" too many games into my house. I honestly don't even know my count right now.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

My main problem is I've "admitted" too many games into my house. I honestly don't even know my count right now.

You sir have a problem!

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from thpletcher:

I like to buy a nice HUO premium for $6000, but the used market has been so hot I have been buying NIB, and now that a price increase is on the horizon, I have found myself stocking up. Anyone else out there exhibiting this behavior?
    I bought a Mando Premium, Jurassic Park Premium, and I'm seriously thinking about a Led Zeppelin Premium, partly because it is available.

Lz is a great game, gets so much bad press,

#8 2 years ago

I've been stocking up since 1996 in order to beat every price increase ever.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from t2:

You sir have a problem!

Pretty sure we all do!

#10 2 years ago

Bought a distros last Mando Pro a little over a week ago. Wasn't in a hurry originally but didn't want to pay $600 more!

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from thpletcher:

Don’t waste your money on a LZ premium NIB or used for that matter. It’s not that great of a game.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Lz is a great game, gets so much bad press,

It gets bad press because it’s not a great game. I am a huge LZ fan and this pin disappoints

#13 2 years ago

Fomo is why the prices for nib and used pins continue to go up. I guess they are like tp. Buy an extra roll or two. Lol

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from t2:

You sir have a problem!

Tell me about it I have 3 in the front closet

#15 2 years ago

Buy! Buy all the pins! It’s the right thing to do. Bwahahahah.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from thpletcher:

I'm seriously thinking about a Led Zeppelin Premium, partly because it is available.

I think the moment you decide you should buy something "because it's available", it's time to take a breather. It's easy to get caught up in the noise but I think you'll look back and regret buying...well, anything...when you let desperation play a part in your decision making.

(side note: I loved how LZ felt but have only played a few games on it)

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

I think the moment you decide you should buy something "because it's available", it's time to take a breather. It's easy to get caught up in the noise but I think you'll look back and regret buying...well, anything...when you let desperation play a part in your decision making.
    (side note: I loved how LZ felt but have only played a few games on it)

True.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stocking-up-before-the-price-increase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.