gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trogdor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Last week, I was in Universal Studios Orlando for 3 days and Epcot for 1 day.
I actually saw people wearing masks in the parks (plane too). My feeling, is if you're that afraid, why even bother going into the park.
To show you how much I'm not afraid of the coronavirus, I was away last week, I'm running a half marathon April 4, going to NY Auto Show the following weekend, then Disney to run all 3 Star Wars races (5k, 10k, & half marathon) April 16-20, then another half marathon the last weekend of April.
Again, if it was as contagious as the media makes it out to be, why wasn't the LA Marathon canceled?

94A415B8-8189-49CE-BDE6-5222E8165BA2 (resized).jpeg94A415B8-8189-49CE-BDE6-5222E8165BA2 (resized).jpeg
#1664 4 years ago

Women power!! Yeah!! Whoa wait .. What did they do? what did they do? Push the other bell!! make it stop, please

E0902E6F-8F53-434F-A27C-67329CCF525B (resized).jpegE0902E6F-8F53-434F-A27C-67329CCF525B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thoughts on a good entry point for Apple? $170 was the 52 week low

Apple’s earnings are not growing as in years past. Plenty of attractive sub$1trillion tech names rising up. Unless they acquire something special.
Who wants a $1k phone of $2k computer anymore?
If must, can’t go wrong between $210-230.
I like twitter. Forced buyback, not impacted by virus, election year..

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How can I invest in food delivery services?

Uber

10 months later
#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If the market gets back to 19k we'll have more than riots on the capitol.

Why? What percent of the pop. even owns a stock? The ones that do will just cry quietly in their expensive scotch. We all know this is a bubble. Look out- Feb.3 is 384th anniversary of the Tulip collapse.

Anybody concerned about the actual increase in consumer spending this holiday season? Economy went off a world wide cliff, yet people spent more money then similar periods last previous years? Stimulus sure, but this much? And if someone can explain how LYV is at an all time high with no concerts in over a year, appreciated.

#6868 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

if someone can explain how LYV is at an all time high with no concerts in over a year, appreciated.

LOL.. up 7% today. With no way to have a concert for at least another 6 months- whatever assets they have, someone really wants..

No idea what is going on at TRXC either, but glad I bought at 0.40

#7183 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Short interest still above 100%, share price up 8% after hours. None of the shorts could cover as a result.

If they are uncovered shorts, they are crazy. Most would have bought out of money calls for pennies ages ago. I have a bad feeling about this. You know that part in the movie where the good guy thinks he played the perfect plan, and then the bad music starts... If GME made money, sure go long. This more likely to hit $4 then $300. But, these are crazy times.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thanks for the clarity...im more familiar with puts from my early trading days in the 80s. Have direct shorts through non institutional buyers always been available? Or are we talking about the Hedge funds getting burned only?

No, talk is there are plenty taking up the shorts when anyone covers. Could be big funds, could be small individuals. Why not short at $225 if stock book value is less then $5? But institutional ownership was 110% last quarter! So some funds are killing it!

Before, you were probably thinking about a short that bought a call to cover and then let it expire with no additional loss. I would think the “hedge” funds hedged their bet, but there aren’t enough open calls, by my count. There are some other scenarios with convertible bonds and other financing deals- but only the big players know. Over 100% short with over 100% institutional ownership! Crazy..

#7625 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

So you think it's going to go up and stay up? This is all new to me, so I'm not sure when to get out. You guys seem to know what you're doing, so I thought I'd just come along for the ride.

Doubtful. GME and AMC are great examples of gamma squeeze. If shorts cover, party will be over real quick. Until then, buy some calls and hope it isn’t your turn to hold the bag.

#7641 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Volume on NOK is equal to volume on AMC. Crazy! 1,078,887,291 last time I checked.

Is the float for AMC really 57m?

#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

AMC and BB while they are still reasonably priced

Haha- so $15 for a share of AMC that lost $33 a share last year seems reasonable? No offense- just crazy times.

It’s pretty tempting. People throw money at it and think it might come back so it’s okay. If you wouldn’t throw that $1k in the fire, don’t throw it at this stuff. This can break at any time and if it trips breakers or cripples a brokerage- you won’t get out. A short squeeze only works if short has no leverage. A stock gets way overvalued- it attracts more leveraged shorts. There will be fireworks this option expiration. People bought a lot of calls. Now they have to accept delivery, or close position. If they close and the call was written by a net neutral institution, they will sell shares they bought to stay neutral. If stock goes down enough, other call writers will sell because no longer need shares. Shorts won’t necessarily have to cover by any set time.
Or GME goes to $3000.. happy hunting!

#7870 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

At 13 and change

https://www.tipranks.com/news/amc-explodes-301-after-305m-share-sale-street-says-hold?mod=mw_quote_news

This says an ave. of about $5. So, AMC sold shares to the rich for $5, long live the revolution!

#7886 3 years ago

Wow Silver Lake! Hope they hedged it.

#7901 3 years ago

If you were looking for the person holding the bag, I'm right here.

Sorry, man. This is a new one for everybody. The brokerages and market makers are admitting somebody hacked the system. This is how trading will be and they have to program around it to protect people who don’t know what’s going on and throw money they can’t lose at “sure things”. Reddit users will probably get blamed for this, but I still say this was much bigger players that leaked some info on Reddit when it served their scheme.

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am just going to hold AMC and NOk long term. I don’t have much invested.
Let’s see what happen.

AMC is at 300m shares. They project $1 loss/share in earnings for ‘22. Dead money walking..

#7919 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

On GME, don't fall for the ladder shorts. These guys are borrowing shares and selling them back and forth at a loss to drop the price and to get people to sell. Retail selling off isn't doing this. The squeeze hasn't happened yet.

That is one theory. Or they have triggered the reverse gamma squeeze. Really unfair, but it’s all computer programs activating. Also, people on margin will be forced out. They will probably halt all trading in these stocks until Mon.

#7951 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm mean i'll take that 8.7% dividend yield all day long and then sell covered calls

Amen

#7968 3 years ago

Wow, brutal head fake in GME. Let’s see when resumes

#7978 3 years ago

Reddit moving on to silver! Up 2.8%. Where are those silver coins- time to cash in.

#7997 3 years ago

Had time to read. They could only convert if went over $13 and they didn’t comment if they held shares. They would have made $280m on $600m loan if sold last night. Something tells me Silver Lake has a few posters on Reddit and were buying a lot of calls. Or they are now one of biggest shareholders of AMC..

#8039 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Great video by Barstool Sports creator, Dave Portnoy (caution - language).
Amen brother.
https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1354848771184750598

This guy is a tool. Come on! There were billionaires on both sides! It sucks what the small brokerages had to do, but they answer to their own equations. They saw something that made them basically kill their company. Watch Margin for a refresher of 2008.
Especially with a pandemic going on. We almost destroyed the world with derivatives, let’s do it again with GME.

#8072 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Secondly, what does that have to do with anything? RH singlehandedly changed the stock trading landscape for the better.

Is this better? But hey, we don’t pay $8 a trade anymore.

There has to be a reckoning- especially for the options market. A day before expiration, unbelievable...

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Speculation SPAC CCIV is acquiring LUCID motors. Very risky. I'm in!

haha! Yeah, everybody forget about the short squeezes and let’s be normal again and go back to the EV companies that might make a 100 cars in the next 3 years.

#8159 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I don't understand how everyone is getting their money out of RH and into another trading platform so quickly. You have to open new accounts, there are forms to fill in, approval processes, then you have to transfer the funds which takes times and often there are fees incurred when you do this. It's not something that can be normally done in a day.

Either they had accounts already or lied. Funds maybe would transfer for stock trading, but no margin or options. More evidence the big players were in this, not individual investors on social media.

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out the angles on AMC right now and the answer is there are none. There is not enough short interest to make it hold now, and the price got too far depressed. You still have the Silverlake backstop in the 13s, but that could have already been sold for all we know. You have to figure it will get halted a few times tomorrow based upon people rushing in which disrupts momentum upwards. You might can trade around the edges, but I don’t think you are going to get a big enough run to do damage. With them changing the game today, it broke my thesis. I still am concerned about them issuing new stocks to cover their 17% note from last weekend, and this might be as good as any time since the stock is high. That would make thr shares drop. I am going to sleep on this and see if I can come up with any answers. Anybody else got any thoughts?
I should just stick to selling software, posting gifs, and drinking bourbon.

Fundamentally, AMC will trade below $3 at some point in the next 2 years. Still have what over $4b in debt with a pandemic for 8 more months at least? Nobody should touch this thing if they are talking about more share issuance. They have diluted shares greatly already with everybody excited about the squeeze. If Silver Lake held( they probably had shorted shares- possibly tens of millions- to lock in conversion price and are out), the squeeze could still be on- but will it be possible with restrictions on options tomorrow? I bet shorts actually increased.
Lot of pissed people might drive it up, but I think the fear is out for shorts. I’ll be watching the out of money call volumes for future expirations, but I think brokerages and MMs have throttled impact of the gamma squeeze.
GLTA!

#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I expect a sizeable dip, much like we saw Thursday. If it drops to 7 again, im jumping back in for the long play. Might even buy some year options if they are reasonably priced.

Not worried about dilution? They issued a lot of shares. Customer habits, movie studios business models are changing. I don’t see packed theaters for a year or more.

#8724 3 years ago

To actively trade, you need a margin account, right? Meaning if I wanted to sell AMC at $18 and buy it back at $16 and then sell it at $18, would I need a margin account so I don't trigger that good faith violation thing?

Not worried about wash sales?

#8796 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

public information (and I know jack about this stuff) there are still around 62M shares being shorted for around $12B

Saw article saying it is now only 40% short. Sorry, can’t link. Anybody staying in this GME trade for the squeeze, moment may have passed. Anybody with better data, please post.

#8952 3 years ago

There is a button there that said “Add Security”. Then more stuff came up. The action button says:
Buy
Sell
Buy to Cover
Sell Short
If I pick Sell it says Estimated total $938. But don’t I just want to sell the covered call, which means I’d get the premium of ~$100 or so?
I think I understand how this works but I’m not finding the right way to do it in the app. [quoted image]

Looks like you are selling shares and a call. Huh?

By selling a covered call, you are risking $800, to make $100 plus maybe another $200. You won’t be able to sell shares until you buy to close option. If AMC goes to $3, you’re out $400. If think AMC going down, just sell. Options look like free money, but they are basically crack.

#8963 3 years ago

Thanks for the sarcastic ass response earlier but I’m old enough to establish my own level of risk.
I don’t need to sell everything and put it in a government backed bond earning $0.01, just because I don’t know the difference between Buy to Open and Sell to Close.
I have a financial advisor that handles the bulk of my retirement and investments. This is play money. So if I want to set it on fire in the front yard while dancing to the YMCA song, I’ll do just that.

Haha! I guess with spyderturbo for a name. Do you have one? And yet you’re interested in getting $100 for a covered call?
We are all basically strangers. If that trade appealed to you, many on here will assume you don’t own a spyder and try to caution you about maybe not joining the option world. You can’t buy just one- it has taken over many a well balanced portfolio.

#9011 3 years ago

I did, until the day I smashed it into a concrete barrier and totaled the car. My daily driver was in the shop so I had no choice to get it out when it was sub freezing temperatures. The car had extreme performance summer only tires on it.
Went around a corner at normal speed on an exit ramp and she just let loose. Right into the barrier. Spun around and hit it with the back.
I wish I could say I was going 140mph and lost it but no such luck. I miss that car.

WHHAAATTT!! Oh man, that’s a sad end to a beautiful car. Buddy of mine had one, cops kept pulling him over just to talk about the car. Yeah, I drove with summer tires once when temps went below 33 and a little wet. Thought “come on they’re still tires”. Nope- slid right down a hill going 5 mph.

#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

HCMC the real movement comes if they settle their suit against Phillip Morris for patent infringement.

HCMC has 105B shares!! So, when they win: $2b- $1b to lawyers= $1b/105b shares= $0.01/share. Yeah, $0.10 would be a good exit.

1 year later
#16428 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Tip: If you’d like to use inflation to your advantage and lock up a maximum $10,000 (or $20,000 for couples) for a guaranteed 6.5% APR over 11 months (sell April 1, 2023)… then visit treasurydirect.gov to load up on I-bonds before the end of April.
Another bonus: Free from state income tax.
Extra bonus: If you hold them until July 1, 2023… you’ll earn 7.2% APR for those 14 months.
(note these figures should have the 3-month interest penalty already factored in, so this is pretty much the actual amount you will earn)

Why before end of April? Won’t rate go above 9.5% if buy May 1 or after?

#16433 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

If you bought now, will the rate on your note float up to the new rate when they set it?

I don’t believe so. If buy now, rate won’t adjust until Nov 1.
If buy $10k now, can’t buy again until Jan.1. The interest is calculated using a fixed and inflation rate. Getting nothing right now for fixed rate part - probably won’t be worth holding when inflation returns to normal. But 7-9% isn’t bad for at least a year. And will be interesting Jan 1 as Fed increases rates and inflation remains high. If have kids, nice way for them to save risk free- these bonds can’t lose principle. Have to hold at least a year, and three month interest penalty if cashed before 5 years.

Interest can also be used tax-free for higher education costs.

3 months later
#17111 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Neither CNN or FOX have been unbiased for over a decade.

It is surprising that they actively repulse at least 30% of the possible consumers. How does this make business sense? Must be some great data that thinking alike draws more people then understanding both sides.

With the strong dollar, war, and Russia possibly turning lights out on German manufacturing- how can markets rally?
Anybody see the Chipotle CEO saying they are raising prices again and it is basically the same price as getting these items from grocery store? Which grocery store? I went the other day, it was $15 for a burrito, chips, and a drink! This or 10 tacos at TBell? Probably still go with CMG but that PE is looking unsustainable.

7 months later
#19074 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

In all these cases things had to get completely bad for years before they were finally held accountable. Meanwhile how many people did Jeffrey Epstein and Harvey Weinstein hurt for decades while they got away with it? It's easy to find examples of the few wealthy elite that got caught, but most don't, and even with these dudes they should have been caught much earlier on to minimize their damage.

Why keep going on about this? Please tell us the social class that has every bad person caught. Yeah, I’ll take a dude stealing a $100k from me rather then get plowed over by a stolen KIA. Oh yeah they caught the kids, and had to let them back on the street to await juve court. Some guy got shot for an electric bike the other day. No business suits on the perps..
Not sure why people think we don’t need rich people. US is writing some pretty big checks lately, we need all hands on deck to not go bust.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trogdor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.