kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#676 6 years ago

I think it's funny how the market is currently sitting where it was late last year. News sources these days are useless. They ONLY exist these days to make money and capitalize on people's fears by enticing internet users with headlines that aren't even accurate. More clicks = more money.

A few years ago I thought that some news sources were still untainted. Given the last couple days, I no longer feel this way. So sad.

In 40 years when the market is @ 300K, a 2K swing will be less than 0.70%. But I'm certain the news sources will be scurrying to tout how it's the worst day in the history of the market.

The other thing I find crazy is people always forget to realize that they only have so much control over a 401K. Doesn't make sense to cash it out unless you know that the market is going to fall 60%. If that happens, a 401K will be the least of your worries.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, stupid question incoming...
What is the exit strategy from 401k for someone hoping to stop working before 50yo?
I honestly have just always put in the max match and made sure I have had a sprinkling of various stuff for my 401k. I move stuff around every year or so if it has not had a good return and put more into what has done well consistently (plus low fees). After over a decade at my current company and a roll over from a previous company, it is becoming real money. I basically have just prescribed to the 'let it ride' mentality and it has done well.
I turn 40 this year and by the time I am 50 I plan to have enough other investments (real estate mainly), home paid off, monthly expenses decreased, and health care taken care of for life; to be able to have F you money for my normal gig.
What is the exit strategy for someone like this? I don't expect to live to 65 when I could normally pull out (just the genetic reality of men in my family).
What do I do to plan and make the right moves? avoid taxes? etc??? I have 10 years to adjust.

There are a lot of people here who have dealt with these things first hand. It is great that you are considering your options now because the reality is that most people wait too long to start this planning, or they never do it.

If you contribute to a company matched 401K, you options are limited before you turn 59.5 years old. If you retire, quit, or are let go from your employer at age 55, you can usually withdraw $ with little to no penalty.

If you have not already done so, you may want to see if a Roth IRA makes sense. However, withdraws from a Roth are ALSO only tax free after you turn 59.5 years old.

You will eventualy need to speak with someone who is a fiduciary and not a "financial planner" or other such nonsense. Familiarize yourself with the "Fiduciary Rule" before you do ANYTHING. It's so important and a lot of people don't realize that their investment advisors are NOT acting in their best interests, focusing on making money for themselves instead. There are big fines associated with professional investors stating they are acting in your best interest when they are not. Just so you know, MOST ARE NOT.

One other thing. One plan is not going to be right for everyone. Write down your goals and ask yourself how much $ you want each mo/yr when you retire. Once you know that number, a fiduciary can help tell you what you need to put away in order to reach that goal.

#737 6 years ago

You don't even know what a crash is man. It "crashed" all the way back to what it was less than 3 whole months ago. (November 18th of last year.) News media makes me want to throw up. Everyone clamoring about the cause of such nonsense. Maybe people are finally realizing that investing in America is a risky strategy? Maybe people realized that the only way to keep what you have is to keep it in the bank and just let inflation do it's thing. Hell, maybe people cashed out to buy overpriced pinball machines? Makes more sense than the idiotic news source explanations.

1 week later
#800 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Or will it become something else like they say other phone companies have crashed down like Nokia or Blackberry, but I’d add Apple is a lot more than just phones, they sell Billions and Billions of dollars of computers, tablets and services.

The face of Apple's company IS iPhone. Historically, its been over 50% of it's hardware sales for a long time. Hovering around 50-60% for the last few years.

That iPhone statistic does not include all of the after purchase $ either. Like the Apple iStore purchases in the iTunes store, iCloud storage and paid Apps+in App purchases. If you include all the revenue from those and add it to ONLY iPhone sales, JUST the iPhone likely generates 70-80% of Apple's total yearly sales in one way or another.

Don't overlook online stats either. 50.3% of ALL WEB TRAFFIC is now on "smart devices". The service providers are rolling in $.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.