New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 175889)

Stock Market Traders?

By kpg

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,881 posts
  • 328 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    B89F269F-C46F-40C5-AE4C-181976788587 (resized).jpeg
    patriot.gif
    20201120_173001 (resized).jpg
    original_258137496 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.39.54 AM (resized).png
    tdoc (resized).JPG
    80ac6c6e8ec0a109316e09e9bea3570c.gif
    I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif
    C88D47F0-041A-4A46-B4C5-125711C7605A (resized).png
    nathan-fillion.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cEKRbMz.gif
    sell (resized).JPG
    E177DDBA-88C5-4FB5-B34C-FD3137EFED6A (resized).png
    200w.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4630 3 months ago

Lots of good information in here, thanks all. I got completely lucky and bought 1000 shares of WKHS (Small potatoes I understand ) at $5.88 right as they were running up. Not sure if I should hold, or sell and wait for the dip?

#4635 3 months ago

I ran into an article just a few days ago regarding Kodak and its stock. I cant remember what caught my eye about the headline, because when i looked at the stock, it was like $2 dollars for quite some time. I don't think there was any mention of the loan in the article and I'm trying to remember why they thought it was a good buy, but I'm going to see if I can find it. I wish i would have bought that day lol.

#4637 3 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I ran into an article just a few days ago regarding Kodak and its stock. I cant remember what caught my eye about the headline, because when i looked at the stock, it was like $2 dollars for quite some time. I don't think there was any mention of the loan in the article and I'm trying to remember why they thought it was a good buy, but I'm going to see if I can find it. I wish i would have bought that day lol.

I could not find the exact article, but it was basically the same as this and was released on Monday. "Shares are up, should you buy?" No mention of an impending loan.

https://www.investorsobserver.com/news/stock-update/eastman-kodak-company-kodk-stock-climbs-9-38-this-week-should-you-buy

1 month later
    #4818 84 days ago

Do you all think the steam is out of the balloon on Workhorse Group WKHS They are a nascent, all electric delivery vehicle company trying to make the big show. The stock took off in mid-june. I got in at $5.92 and it closed today at $18.94 (down $1.20). Seems like a lot of negative articles are coming out and earnings a couple of weeks ago were not all that great and Im thinking of taking my nearly 3005 profit. Thoughts?

#4877 80 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Donald Trump, is that you?

Shit, that would be sweet!! Yo Donny, can I get some more hot stock tips, cause my portfolio is busting out!

#4878 80 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Donald Trump, is that you?

BTW, your avatar fits your party, perfectly. Wheres the brownshirts!

1 week later
    #4972 72 days ago

WKHS up another 10%. up to $26.06. Not sure when this is going to crash back to earth, but I'm enjoying the ride so far. I bought at $5.92, but didnt buy enough!!

#4993 71 days ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

WKSH has gone from like a buck to over 20 on just pure speculation and BS?
    The company just bleeds money and its numbers are pretty bad.... pathetic actually.
    They are in the running to get some USPS contract but thats not likely to happen.
    Its just people speculating like Tesla because its one of the few e-car choices and running it up but the company has serious management issues also.
    "Workhorse has some early mover advantages when it comes to electric delivery trucks, but this market is about to get pretty crowded. Workhorse generated a loss of $133 million in its latest quarter on revenue of just $92,000. That's not a typo. The future could be bright for Workhorse Group in what is clearly a niche with heady upside, but the expectations are already too high for a small company with a nearly $1.7 billion market cap."

Thanks, you wrote my response for me lol. I just caught wind of it and got lucky. Yes, they are riding the "rising ocean raises all ships" "wave and yes, they are speculating on the USPS contract. One thing you did not mention is they do have a 10% stake in Lordstown, which could be worth some $$$ and is good, but a bad is the Horsefly delivery drones being tested are not fairing well. I am ready to pull out at any moment.

#5007 70 days ago

Its been gambling for a while now.. there is no rational explanation for the market last few months (well other then the fed).
    Earlier in the thread people were talking up WKSH.. this is a company that had revenue of 92K and lost 132 million in one quarter which is pathetic.
    People are buying it like its the greatest company on the planet. lol.
    Its just looney some of this stuff.

You are right, but Im watching it like a hawk. Why its climbing, who knows. But I bought at $5.92 and its currently @ 27.66. Ill take the luck! Hell, I was happy when I doubled my money and still would be if it fell to $12 right now!

#5055 68 days ago

Pretty sure I'm cashing out of WKHS soon. I'm a small time investor, so 6x profit on my small position, 1000 shares, is a nice cash infusion to reinvest on the coming dip.

#5160 63 days ago

I should have listened to my gut and sold WKHS on Monday. Its in the low 20's now, down from 30ish...

#5169 63 days ago

If you dig into it this company looks horrible on paper.
    It's gone up solely on wild speculation and could come down hard when people get skittish.

Yea this was pretty much a short term investment. I bought at 5.90 so I'm still good, but should have gone with the gut.. I got greedy and hoped for another monday lol.

#5194 61 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Smartest thing to do is to not get married, but live with your de facto spouse and kids. You bring home a good salary and she still gets to live for free of the government with Section 8, food stamps, and medicaid. Your salary plus government freebies is more lucrative than your salary alone if you were married. To me, THAT'S the true marriage penalty. No self-respecting person does this, but I see it all the time.

No, they are not living free because of the government, they are scumbags who are living free off the fellow tax payer.

#5217 59 days ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Curious about Wells & Fargo....any thoughts on their stock? Looks like an in the ditch stock at the moment. I believe they hired some competent people from Visa and Credit Suisse to help them turn the ship around after their recent scandals.
    Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on WFC?

They cant seem to stay out of their own way, and are obviously a shady company. Not something i would invest it.

#5219 59 days ago

Is there a formula that states, "If you have x amount of money, you should onlu invest y amount into a stock"?

For instance, if you have $10,000, its not wise invest in google @$1400 a share.

#5252 58 days ago

Its usually the "tolerant side", that is intolerant.

#5263 56 days ago

Sold my position in WKHS, 1000 shares, 400% profit. I got lucky, but time to jump off that train. I'm not very confident they are going to win the USPS contract, or even a portion of it. Many analysts feel that contract win is already baked into the stock price. So if they dont win, its going to plummet.

#5282 55 days ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Hey iceman44 still worth buying more PINS at its current price?

Motleyfool says yes. Wish i would have bought before that ha.

1 week later
    #5321 48 days ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

TBH this echoes my thoughts on FB.

I had $30,000 on the sidelines ready for FB. Sank to 19 after IPO and I didnt trust it. Im dumb...

1 week later
    1 month later
    #5744 7 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I think you can learn a lot from your own research. I've diagnosed a few ailments online before going to the doctor and having them confirmed. I've had kidney stones and last year I had a hernia. Maybe those are somewhat obvious to people that have had them, but the kidney stone pain could have been from several other sources.
    I've been dealing with shoulder pain for about 5 years and I've spent dozens of hours researching what it could be. It's going to take an MRI to confirm it though. When I feel like shelling out another $4k for an MRI and likely surgery I'll get it taken care of.

Also depends on how the dr. and staff communicate. I had to take a TB test for a job and was texted a vague response on Friday just before closing that there were problems with my test, but to call back on Monday. So of course I researched TB over the weekend and with every little cough, I was convinced I had TB and agonized over the implications and was pretty worried. Called the dr. first thing Monday, only to find out the problem was with the email address to send the results too. GTFO lol. No, i didnt have TB by the way. I see both sides of this.

#5829 2 days ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Do you think Biden's proposed future appointment of Avril Haines as director of National intelligence will be a big boost for PLTR? She's done consulting work for them in the past.

Biden loves war, expect this to take off, and M.E. conflicts suddenly escalate.

#5834 2 days ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Veteran and member of mitary industrial complex here. Can confirm. Expect huge surge in... cyber defense spending.

Same. Stateside since 2015, by choice, probably back in the game soon. 2021. Why not..

#5835 2 days ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

C'mon man. Are you really this dense?

Not sure that's even a word

(edit) But, here were are and I expect many friends will be back in business. Like the saying goes, "If you arent part of the solution, there is $$$ to be made supporting the problem". Educate yourself.

#5836 2 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Big fan of Janet Yellen being picked for treasury. CNBC speculates that she will focus on the economy and not politics, which is great. This should be really good for the markets as opposed to who it could have been (Elizabeth Warren comes to mind).

Lol , good thing they speculate, cause they dont deliver facts. Good news is, the swamp monsters are back in business as usual!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 12.50
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 65.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 85.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 21.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - Other
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 52.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 21.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside