200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ra77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1605 4 years ago

I only started investing in the ASX September last year and have a taken a punt on a number of stocks, choosing a diversified portfolio. Health care, Materials, Energy, Financials.

My portfolio has been Smashed to pieces in the last week with 30% loss across the board, I'm not gonna panic, just looking forward to when things get better again.

Word on the street is to stay away from Gold, I don't get it ? Gold stocks seem to always be on a good run.

In the meantime I feel its a good time to buy and have started looking for a couple of decent Aussie or Global ETF's.

#1673 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

-3.9% in 11 minutes

Crazy shit
Everyone here is shitting themselves.
Media here is crazy as well

No wonder toilet paper sold out
This is our local Coles supermarket

Unbelievable !!!
20200306_121158 (resized).jpg20200306_121158 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20200310-091937_Australia Stock Market (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200310-091937_Australia Stock Market (resized).jpg
#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Just wondering when our housing market follows.

Bloody hope not
The bulk of my investments are bricks and mortar

#1685 4 years ago

Hahaha
I dunno whether to laugh or cry
ASX is s sea of Red

Screenshot_20200310-094238_Australia Stock Market (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200310-094238_Australia Stock Market (resized).jpg

#1818 4 years ago

I have just bought shares in a couple of ETF'S, Thinking market bottomed out or close to it.

Im no expert, just taking a speculative punt.

Hope all your transactions work out well fellow pinsiders.

#1908 4 years ago

I shot my buy buy buy wad a couple of days too quick

Hoping for some normality next week !

#1985 4 years ago

I'm in Buy Buy Buy mode

#2050 4 years ago

Snapped up a few heavily discounted shares today to increase diversification.
SYD
APT
NDQ

See how it plays out, I'm hanging in for a few years yet.
Seen all my other holding dive over last couple of weeks.
My super got smashed as well

Looking forward to the upswing.

#2176 4 years ago

Aussie market getting slaughtered as well

For a newb to shares it's exciting yet devastating at the same time to watch the madness.

I've pumped a bit into ASX shares and ETF's only to watch it slide further.

Another wipeout day !

Will hang on for the ride !

Hurry up with vaccine you medical gurus !

asx (resized).JPGasx (resized).JPG
#2359 4 years ago

Playing with fire again I am !

#2554 4 years ago

World share market seeing more Green than Red

Can see a crazy ride in next few months

Personally I am willing to jump on board and play the game

https://au.investing.com/indices/world-indices

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I’ve been using 2500 just to play around with during the last month and I’m up to 3200. It’s been kind of fun basically day trading here and there.
All my 401ks are destroyed though but I don’t have to retire for a long time so I didn’t mess with them. Last I checked they were down 25%

Same here down under
AUS SUPER aka 401k has been smashed here as well.
@ age 52 im a litle upset cause I want to have some good times from all the hard work.
Approx 30% so for me at least a couple of NiB's down the toilet

Ah well, gotta roll with the punches

Best wishes all.
Main thing, Stay safe and healthy !

Ando

#2675 4 years ago

What I find most distressing is all the rorting that will happen during the handouts for this crisis.
Poor management will lead to wasting/losing hundreds of millions.

Hopefully the handouts go to those that truly need it.

Lets hope some good management is put in place.

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Bougt Cracker Barrel and Six Flags yesterday morning in the IRA. Threw the kids college fund bank in mutual funds. Cant move it again until 2021. Will look at throwing 401k back in April 1st when I can move again.

Balls man !

1 week later
#3149 4 years ago

.DP

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's all simple really, the market needs to have a bounce and create a lower high before it tanks again.
For now it will glide higher squeezing shorts and tricking moron retail investors that "long term I'm going to be rich"
And when they find out their favorite stock will lose 50% again in the next couple of months before it goes up 50%, they'll sell in a panic on the next big drop to the smart money who saw that as a buying opportunity.
Dow seems to be gravitating to that test of the 200d moving average where it may very well fail.. and fail violently.
Markets don't move straight down then straight back up.
Think of it like a rubber ball.
What happened is someone dropped it from a 10 story high building, it hit the ground @ Dow 18,000 - bounced, and while it may appear to have the momentum of getting back to it's highs, the momentum is lost and it will make a lower high, rinse and repeat. That is how bear markets work. There's just some great trading opportunities if you can get close to timing trades. As you saw with oil prices the other day.
Timing is key to everything in life.

Makes sense,
I have my eye on a handful of quality stock the FOMO on this upswing is killing me.
I will stand strong and wait.
Thanks for the encouraging words kgp.
I Jumped in too early before and lost.

#3265 4 years ago

Reference ? Is this you KPG

"We are still at the mercy of headlines"

#3409 4 years ago

Thanks for moderation PS mods

While we understand the volatile share market is related to Covid 19, Please keep all the Covid 19 guff in its own thread, not here.

I am very interested to see how the next few weeks and months play out in the Share Market. I closely follow the Nasdaq and ASX as they appear to reflect each other. Im poised to strike in the next big dip. I think there will be a wild ride ahead still.

Thanks to the Pinside traders and all people here playing "the game" for shares related posts in this thread.

Have a safe and enjoyable Easter period everyone.

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Sorry ra77 and others. I use this information to trade with and thought others would appreciate the fundamental analysis that I have done. The information gets lost in that other thread. I gave up trying to read it.

No problem, while some Covid 19 information in this thread is relevant to trade, I would not like to see this thread spiral out of control with excess Covid 19 data and any to and fro commenting about the virus.

1 week later
#3674 4 years ago

Devastated here Looks like we may have lost one of our great air carriers = less competition = higher prices.
Really sad because they were great to fly with.
Appears shareholders lost everything.

Are you guys expecting any of your air carriers to fall over ?
VA (resized).JPGVA (resized).JPG

#3775 4 years ago

I am continuing to play.

Only nibbles in ASX shares here and there.
Modest profit collected from APT the other day.

Currently moving away from property and finance to online activities, gaming and tech. Also as crazy as it might sound I'm trying to get into oil and gas at the right price STO.

Some frightening figures here.

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-money-markets-one-visualization-2017/?fbclid=IwAR2WLgVtFL3ACip0CLuAqPHCgGGyKw1YEzNdz1ALpjACbo2wdr60jgLezZI

der (resized).JPGder (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#4029 3 years ago

Sure is a big bounce !

I have bought into a few ASX retail and energy stocks on the way up.

Will we will peak then fall off a cliff big time again ?
N (resized).JPGN (resized).JPG

#4052 3 years ago

Profit taking on shorts ?

#4055 3 years ago

There have been large spikes here, so I'm guessing ?? if you could more than double your money in one week, why not cash in ?
APT (resized).JPGAPT (resized).JPG

Edit, excuse me for being a trading novice , I realised I miss interpereted the meaning of shorts

1 week later
#4178 3 years ago

There appears to be a crazy euphoria in our stock and property market here down under.
It's really crazy to be caught up in the ride, my stock investments are small and being a newb to shares it has been interesting to see the wild ride.
I have a really bad feeling that this is the deep breath before the major exhale ! the build on the ASX is too intense and I don't see sustainability.
All I see is crazy overvalued shares with zero dividend, the whole thing is nuts !
Huge upswing here again today, hope my balls are along for the ride and a swift withdrawal when necessary is possible, lol

asx (resized).JPGasx (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#4408 3 years ago

I boosted my holding in CRN today at rock bottom price.

CORONADO GLOBAL RESOURCES INC

Coronado Global Resources Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces, markets, and exports metallurgical coal. The company operates through four segments: Curragh, Buchanan, Logan, and Greenbrier. It owns a portfolio of operating mines and development projects, including the Curragh mine complex located in the Bowen Basin of Queensland, Australia; and the Buchanan, Logan, and Greenbrier mine complexes located in the Central Appalachian region in Virginia and West Virginia, the United States. The company provides its products in the United States, India, Japan, Korea, Europe, Australia, Taiwan, China, and Brazil. Coronado Global Resources Inc. was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.

Yes I understand its a dirty product however CRN is part of my diversified portfolio.

I am at a loss to understand why CRN has flatlined ? Its Australian operation is performing well. I am unsure how the Virginia operations are tracking ? Anyone have a heads up on what is happening there ?

#4410 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

CRN came pubic some time in 2019 at $3.75 per share. It has been downhill ever since. It is now $1.00 per share. What is going to pull this stock up from the bottom?

I'm unsure to be honest.

Total newb to this game. I'm not sure if analyst are spruiking or not ?

Trading well below fair value, The CEO seems keen with a big buy in.

Decent dividend with future growth.

Div (resized).JPGDiv (resized).JPGceo (resized).JPGceo (resized).JPGfv (resized).JPGfv (resized).JPGrev (resized).JPGrev (resized).JPG
1 month later
#4621 3 years ago

Sold my APT shares at $28.00 thinking it had peaked

So many overvalued stocks atm, is it because so many new young investors joining the share markets ?

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/afterpay-zip-tech-bubble-2-222312459.html

1 week later
#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'd hold for that $6 personally. I've owned GE for years and not just a couple shares either.
I cut my holdings to Half when it hit $7.51. Regretted it a little since it went up a little after, and Div paying soon. Still made the dividends and wishing I'd sold all of it.
However, while back I mentioned companies to big to fail backed by government contracts. So, it will do great in future.
But no way it doubles. Like Atari said above they have sold several aspects of company.
So buy at $60 ish, then when your at 25% up, then sell.
And speaking of dips on market past couple days....Ive been buying RTX Raytheon like crazy. Keeps going lower every day, so I buy more everyday. This stock long term will have tremendous upside and dividends are damn good. This one will double+, may take 6-12 months, but it will double.

I have been considering RTX for a while now
Bottomed out perhaps ?

1 week later
#4663 3 years ago

I think silver has a great future and wish I bought in a few months back when I was considering it. Unfortunately I was procrastinating on best way to get in.Still am etf, exploration, production, idk ?
Im also hot on trying to get into nickel at the moment as well. Perhaps another commodity with a bright future.
Finally I need some tech and medical stock to round out the portfolio but find everything way overvalued at the moment
Hard to know what and when to pounce.
I can see the shit may hit the fan by years end. Then a proven vaccine next year if we are lucky..
Sure is a whole new world out there, I guess most important is to be safe and stay healthy.
GLT all.

#4680 3 years ago

My RE and other commodities search led to this.

Tesla rival, low end entry

https://www.google.com/search?q=nio+share+price&oq=nio&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j46j0j69i60j69i61l2.2447j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Massive deal with Suning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suning.com

I am very ant..i chin.a, however this appears to be a no brainer cash cow.

I will need to engage NYSE for this one, Anyone in ?

Thoughts ?

1 month later
#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looks like I actually called one right for once! Closed at 419.62 today! I figure the stock is going to rise this week in anticipation of battery day next Tuesday. I am in for the short term and am going to sell this week no matter what. I will sell at $514 (a 50% gain), or whenever it feels right on Friday... whichever comes first.
Also bailed on NAK (small holdings). Looking hard at OXY. Might jump in if it drops below $10.

Does the tax on gains somewhat negate the profit on a quick sale ?

I am new to trading and trying to get my head around the tax pitfalls.
Here we have to hold for 12 months to reduce tax on capital gains.

How do you guys get hit there ?

2 years later
#17536 1 year ago

The current cycle.

Manipulation by the elite ?

Appears to be on the money. pun intended.

Thoughts ?

1 week later
#17599 1 year ago

Keeping my head above water, just,
during these tough times.
Metals and Mining are a huge play Down Under.
JRV's Idaho Cobalt operation looks interesting.

I have gone pretty hard on the Lithium, Cobalt and Nickel.
Hoping one or two of these small cap plays will go nuts.
My gold play is finally coming back.

I wish I kept and invested more in the dirty black coal shares, they have killed it here this year with 200-300% gains. Missed that boat
I am back to working in coal mining again and look forward to becoming financially free to get out

I have only been playing the game for a couple of years now.
55 now, I want to enjoy life some more and if my share plays pay I will be able to travel more.
Wish I started earlier.

Best regards to you all.
At (resized).JPGAt (resized).JPG

1 week later
#17676 1 year ago

Oh damn, another red Monday to be delivered down under.

Buying opportunity ?

F#ck I dislike shooting my wad too soon !

Oh well.

Incredible how world markets are so driven by everything going on in the States.

All good we are gonna rock and roll through this shitstorm.

fed (resized).JPGfed (resized).JPG
2 months later
#18454 1 year ago

The entire world market appears to be coming across as a pump and dump scheme at the moment

please excuse my ignorance ,

but wow what a shit show !

Im balls deep having a play , but wow the market is a wild beast !

1 month later
#18788 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Still gotta test the 2009 low......
It's coming, and I look forward to it!!!

Couldn't be possible ???

Could it !

S&P (resized).JPGS&P (resized).JPG
1 week later
#18925 1 year ago

Im still loading up in the materials sector in anticipation of improving economy in EV and the clean energy push.

I understand oil and coal have many years to go these sectors don't inspire me, even though they are making good in the market.

My big plays are

Lithium
Nickel
Copper
Cobalt
Graphite

I am heavy into
CXO
NVX
JRV
SFR

55 now, hoping to be set by 60

2 months later
#19303 11 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

My son just came in 1st
place in the Pennsylvania stock market simulation challenge.
10,000 high school seniors from accross Pennsylvania competed in the event sponsored by fidelity bank.
Each student was alloted $100,000 to invest for 10 weeks.
My son earned the top spot in the state by turning the $100,000 into 3.7 million by the end of week 10.

Curious to know his strategy ?
Assuming Tech heavy ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ra77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=ra77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.